Manny AND Big Papi tested positive for Performing Enhancing Drugs in 2003!!!!

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Surprised or not? I just saw a crawl on SNY and now on "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" that Manny and Big Papi did performing enhancing drugs in 2003.

You know what, this is BS. Those two guys were key contributors to the Red Sox World Series wins in 2004 and 2007. Did PED usage by two of their best offensive stars tilt the advantage ahead of Cleveland in the 07 ALCS? What if Papi and Manny weren't chemically induced? Do the Indians go on to win the WS that year?

I'm so furious with this sport right now!

You know what, this is BS. Those two guys were key contributors to the Red Sox World Series wins in 2004 and 2007. Did PED usage by two of their best offensive stars tilt the advantage ahead of Cleveland in the 07 ALCS? What if Papi and Manny weren't chemically induced? Do the Indians go on to win the WS that year?

Who knows. But until they release that report naming all players, for all we know there could of been some Cleveland players using as well.

With speculation that at least 1/3 of the league was using back then, I think you can throw out any "what ifs".

I say screw it...............let em all juice. I want my entertainment to be the best it can be for my dollar. It is my, and your, dollar that is paying their salaries for our entertainment. So I want to see more long balls, base stealing, faster fast balls, and faster & stronger overall players in the field for my entertainment value. :D

Who cares? It went on for a decade and now hopefully it's almost over. It's disappointing but not much of a story anymore. Those exposed and not exposed will always be looked at differently but what would have and could have happened is not worth the time. :(

Dude if Manny was doing them in 2003, you don't think he was doing them in 1997? What about Albert Belle? Carlos Baegrga, Robbie Alomar?

BTW, Beckett kicked your ass and Carmona and Sabathia wet the bed when it counted.

Why is this news? Manny is already a known cheater. Who is dumb enough believe that he "just did it once"? I think it's a safe bet that anyone with a slugging % over .500 in the last decade was on the juice.

No big surprise here. There would only be a few players that if it came out they did anything, that would still surprise me.

LMAO!!! More and more...the scum that is Jose Canseco is looking like a prophet....
He really is. I belived him all along even though he does have a shady background of his own. It's like Sammy the Bull ratting out John Gotti. Sure he was a thug too but you knew he was telling the truth. Has Canseco fingered anyone who didn't turn out to be guilty?

Wasn't this list supposed to be anonymous?

I don't know how people are getting these names and putting them out.

it was anonymous. however federal authorities gained access to the list and according to reports the leaks come from there.

...With speculation that at least 1/3 of the league was using back then...

If you construe "using" to include human growth hormone, then I would speculate that closer to 100% were using back then, and if HGH is still undetectable, probab;y everyone is still using it today.

He really is. I belived him all along even though he does have a shady background of his own. It's like Sammy the Bull ratting out John Gotti. Sure he was a thug too but you knew he was telling the truth. Has Canseco fingered anyone who didn't turn out to be guilty?

As far as I know, there is not one single player that has challenged him. He was on the local sports the other and stated a very true fact with a question, "how come not one single players has even tried to sue me for defamation or slander...??!! Because they will have to go to court and swear under oath....."

This is the only sport that people make a real stink about steroids when to comes to fans. I mean only ONE person has died in baseball that was a POSSIBLE link and that had to more with the fact that Ken Caminiti was also a coke fiend. I can see that people do NOT want children/young adults use it because in many case, their bodies are still developing....but baseball players do not use it the way football players and professional bodybuilders use it. For every monster home run hitter that has used it...there are 10 Fernando Vinas and 10 Felix Heredias of the world that have used it to....and you do not see there stats bangin' on the door of the HOF.

Back to Big Pappi....didn't he make a comment no too long ago stating the users do not get enough suspension time for using PEDs? LMAO!