2009 PGA Championship

The 2009 Major Championships:

The Masters - Angel Cabrera
U.S. Open - Lucus Glover
British Open (aka "The Open") - Stewart Cink
PGA Championship - Y.E. Yang

See y'all next year at The Masters thread...perhaps I may even get to go next year.
2 of the major winners don't even speak english. Has that ever happened before?

If Y.E. Yang continues to play on the PGA tour he will be required to learn English.

PGA Championship: Thoughts

- Yang over Tiger in this Major is the biggest upset since Buster Douglas over Iron Mike Tyson.

- Yang is probably the most unlikely candidate to have beat Tiger Woods in a Major. He didn't begin golfing until the age of 19. He is 37 years old and just finished PGA qualifying school 9 months ago. He's only won 1 other tournament, the Honda Classic, earlier this year.

- Tiger was 14-0 in Major's when holding a lead in the Majors heading into Sunday. Make that 14-1. The old saying goes, "if it bleeds, it can die". Yang slayed the hypothetical invincible dragon on Sunday.

- With Tiger losing, he is without a major win for the first time since 2002. (The year he switched swing coaches and fired Butch Harmon).

- 2009 has been a very strange year in Major Tournaments. In each scenario, it's been completely unpredictable.

- Tiger lost because he was too conservative. Padraig Harrington lost because he was too aggressive (remember that 8 he got on the par 3?!). Yang was the happy medium between Tiger and Paddy.

- Yang's 2nd shot at the 18th was epic! The aggressive shot showed that he wasn't going to hold back. He had nothing to lose and played that way the entire round.

- Perhaps this loss is good for Tiger. He didn't putt well on Sunday. This loss will prove to him that he'll need to be more aggressive and bring his A game to win. He can't just rest on his laurels any more and expect to win. This is a different Tiger than the one who used to dominate by 10 or 15 strokes like he did earlier on in this decade.

What about when John Daly won? He was an alternate. Yang has won this year so it wasn't that much of a surprise to me.

What about when John Daly won? He was an alternate. Yang has won this year so it wasn't that much of a surprise to me.

When Daly won in 1991? Yeah that was a surprise, but he also wasn't going up against Tiger.

What happened yesterday was something that has never happened before. Beating Tiger in a Major who had the lead heading into the final 18 holes. Not only did it happen, but it happened at the hands of a player who just completed PGA qualifying school 9 months ago! Furthermore, Yang has only won 1 other tournament on the PGA Tour.

Honestly, until yesterday, I've never even heard of the guy.

NFL Reinstates Michael Vick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)