2009 PGA Championship

Well, I've had a little time to relax and watch some of the action this afternoon. Woods just make the turn at 9 even-par for the day with three players (one of them Harrington) sitting at -5 and three others are -4. Let's see what happens on the back-side...

...Harrington is now at -6, but Vijay Singh is falling apart at -3. Anyway, Tiger hasn't played particularly good or bad, but he has clearly fall back to the field. This is shaping up to be a great finish tomorrow.

Leaderboard:

T. Woods -7 (E)
P. Harrington -6 (-3)
E. Els -5 (-4)
L. Glover -4 (-1)
H. Stenson -4 (-4)
Y. Yang -4 (-3)
S. Kjeldsen -4 (-3)

It's a three man tournament going into the final round if you ask my opinion:

Leaderboard:

T. Woods -8
P. Harrington -6
Y. Yang -6

L. Glover -4
H. Stenson -4
E. Els -3
S. Kjeldsen -3

Tiger Woods should be pairing with Yang since he finished his round before Harrington. It should be a good final round...if the weather doesn't spoil things tomorrow.

It's a three man tournament going into the final round if you ask my opinion:

Leaderboard:

T. Woods -8
P. Harrington -6
Y. Yang -6

L. Glover -4
H. Stenson -4
E. Els -3
S. Kjeldsen -3

Tiger Woods should be pairing with Yang since he finished his round before Harrington. It should be a good final round...if the weather doesn't spoil things tomorrow.
Forget about Yang. He was on fire today so he'll likely fall apart tomorrrow like Singh did. It's still Tiger's tournament to lose, but Harrington still has a shot. Nice showing by Glover. Perhaps he's not a one hit wonder.

Unfortunately, I have to run to the office for a few hours this afternoon so I won't start watching today's recording until early this evening. It's too bad Woods and Harrington aren't together in the final pairing. As for Yang...I am not ruling him out just yet since he beat Woods in Shanghai back in 2006. However, with a 2-shot lead Tiger just needs to play his game and take care of business.

Did I hear the announcer say that Mickelson just hit the green from 239 out on the 7th using a 5 iron?

P-E-D!
P-E-D!
P-E-D!

That's not that hard to believe. Phil averages 300 yards in driving distance, even longer than Tiger. And remember that epic shot on 16 last week at Firestone? Tiger hit a 8 iron from 180 yards back to come within inches of the hole. Give a pro 3 more club lengths and some roll and I don't think 59 more yards is out of the question.

Ihit a 3-iron 210 yds., my 8-iron is 160 yds. all day. Phil's numbers are not unusual for a touring pro.

I've said this before: If Tiger tests negative for steroids, what's the point of testing anyone else?;)

Tiger completely choked today. He had a 2 shot lead coming in and shoots a 75. Even par would have put him in a playoff.

I am really surprised by the play of Tiger. He just didn't have anything.

The 2009 Major Championships:

The Masters - Angel Cabrera
U.S. Open - Lucus Glover
British Open (aka "The Open") - Stewart Cink
PGA Championship - Y.E. Yang

See y'all next year at The Masters thread...perhaps I may even get to go next year.

NFL Reinstates Michael Vick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)