2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Gotcha Jimbo. It's gonna be another battle.;)

It's gonna be a battle like this for every game, as expected ...

Remember, just because the Ducks didn't win thier division doesn't mean they can't win , as we've mentioned many times here, an 8 seed is very capable of knocking off the higher seeds.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
I may be a Bruins fan, but man did the Hurricanes just get robbed out of a goal. That was CLEARLY over the goal line, but after review they still screwed it up.

Canes 2, Bruins 0..............after 2nd, but it should be 3-0.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Carolina defeats the Bruins 3-0, behind a magnificent performance from Cam Ward!

Series tied 1-1 with Game 3 in Raleigh, Wednesday night.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Bruins surpriingly lose their first game of the playoffs- 3-0 to Carolina.

If there's a bright spot, at least it wasn't for a lack of effort. It's not like they didn't show up (I've seen plenty of playoff games where one team was outclassed by a wide margin) they played very hard, but they couldn't dent Cam Ward.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
I may be a Bruins fan, but man did the Hurricanes just get robbed out of a goal. That was CLEARLY over the goal line, but after review they still screwed it up.

THANKFULLY, this wasn't a factor in the outcome!

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.

I agree. I watched the replay at least 10-times and I concluded the puck was over the goal line all 10-times.

The Bruins also got robbed...by Carolina's netminder - the guy was awesome in the 3rd period.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
:)
Bruins surpriingly lose their first game of the playoffs- 3-0 to Carolina.

If there's a bright spot, at least it wasn't for a lack of effort. It's not like they didn't show up (I've seen plenty of playoff games where one team was outclassed by a wide margin) they played very hard, but they couldn't dent Cam Ward.
To be honest, I was more suprised by their not showing up for Game 1. Carolina was my upset pick, but I was beginning to think I had lost my mind after watching the Bruins detroy them Friday night. In any case, both Detroit and Boston will have to pull it together and realize they are in for a battle!

Let the games continue...

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Monday's Playoff Schedule

Pittsburgh at Washington- Game 2- 7:00pm ET
National schedule: Versus-HD, CBC-HD, RDS-HD

Max Fisher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 23, 2007
Game 2 of this series will be good... Cap's weren't lucky to win game 1, but it could have definitely gone either way. It looks like some of the Caps D is starting to get banged up, they called up Alzner.

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
The wierdest thing about the end of yesterday's Ducks/Red Wings game was that the entire arena went so quiet so quickly that all the microphones for NBC picked up were the voices of the Duck players in celebration. I'd never heard that before.

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts