2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

To all the Pittsburghers who, once again this year, are thumping their chests and guaranteeing a Penguins victory is this years Stanley Cup Finals...just remember, you cannot be the man until you beat the man.

Red Wings Repeat in Six (6)

It should be a great series!!!

The last playoff game my wife and I went to, we ended up watching half of it on TV in the Olympia room. Went in there to have a smoke and a cocktail, and we never left. We pretty much decided that it would be cheaper to stay home, after that.

To all the Pittsburghers who, once again this year, are thumping their chests and guaranteeing a Penguins victory is this years Stanley Cup Finals...just remember, you cannot be the man until you beat the man.

Red Wings Repeat in Six (6)

It should be a great series!!!

Jimbo will be along later with a fence-straddler prediction.:D Something along the lines of this series can go either way.;)

Possible Red Wings SatelliteGuys Gathering 5 June ???

Anyone interested in a June 5th "Game 5" get together in the Metro Detroit area?

I have to fly back to Dallas this weekend, but I am 90% sure that I will be driving up to Michigan next weekend for Game 5 (Saturday 8:00 pm in Detroit). I was going to buy tickets, but I am considering hosting a small family gathering at my parents or brothers home. All the local Red Wings fans (Paul, Jimbo, satjay, DetFan, Rob7, Claue - sorry if I missed anyone) are welcome to come over and share some beer, chow, and Red Wing comraderie should this event take place. My parents are located in West Bloomfield (Farmington Rd. and W. Maple) and my brother Steve lives in Farmington Hills (9-Mile Rd. and Farmington Rd.). Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested and I'll see if I can get the ball rolling...

Jim

I've had the Red Wings winning it all the whole season. The Red Wings are arguably the model franchise in ALL of sports:

Red Wings in 5. :cool:

OK, knock it off...we all know you're related to Darren Helm of the Detroit Red Wings so it's time to break ties with the dark side and join forces with the Good Guys! ;)
Nope, born and raised in the 'Burgh and a quasi-fan for years, starting with the back-to-back Cup wins in '91-2. I gotta admit I still don't completely understand the game, including some of the rules and most of the strategies. But I love the fast action. And in any sport where I don't have a heavy interest or stake in it, I always pull for the underdog...

Red Wings Last 5 Stanley Cup Appearances...

2009 versus Pittsburgh (TBD)
2008 versus Pittsburgh Won 4-2
2002 versus Carolina Won 4-1
1998 versus Washington Won 4-0
1997 versus Philadelphia Won 4-0

That's a record of 16-3 in ther last four Cup appearances. Like 'em or not, I don't know why anyone would bet against the Wings with record like this. Anyway, we shall see what happens starting in a couple more days.;)

As I mentioned earlier, Wings in Six (6). :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)