2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Q. Do the boards only bounce when the Wings shoot ?
They seem to mention it alot when the Wings do something good with them like it's a fluke thing ...
Is Pittsburgh not allowed to do the same thing ?
Or do the board get weak on the Pens end each period ... cool advantage if the team can adjust the bounce on the boards each period !

jimbo

Wings just did something I find very classy :)
Other than the first attempt, they had full possession inside the Pens zone with a 3-1 lead and an Empty Net and did not bother to put the puck in, they kinda played keep away instead.

Jimbo

Detroit wins game 1 3-1.

The biggest factors in the outcome:

1. Timely stops by Osgood

2. Bounces. Jimbo, Two of Detroit's goals were on favorable board bounces.

Detroit wins game 1 3-1.

The biggest factors in the outcome:

1. Timely stops by Osgood

2. Bounces. Jimbo, Two of Detroit's goals were on favorable board bounces.

Yup and the Pens are well aware of the live boards coming in, so they could use them too.
What is Detroit the ONLY city that has Live Boards ?
They've been this way for many many years.

I was very happy to see the Wings play this well with a short turn around and many injured players. It helped greatly to get Ericsson and Lidstrom back, but would help to get the rest back too, guys like Datsuk and Draper to name a few.
They had 6 players out the last two games against the Hawks.

The Wings did a very nice job in their own end at keeping the puck contained to the boards. The Pens didn't get very many good scoring chances, and when they did, Osgood made the save. Very unlucky for the Pens though that the puck landed on Osgood's back and stayed on him in the third, but as has been discussed, it was all about the bounces. I expect the Pens to attempt to use the springy boards to their benefit tomorrow.

Next game in less than 24 hours. We're about to find out who the short break will really benefit.

The Wings did a very nice job in their own end at keeping the puck contained to the boards. The Pens didn't get very many good scoring chances, and when they did, Osgood made the save. Very unlucky for the Pens though that the puck landed on Osgood's back and stayed on him in the third, but as has been discussed, it was all about the bounces. I expect the Pens to attempt to use the springy boards to their benefit tomorrow.

Next game in less than 24 hours. We're about to find out who the short break will really benefit.

I got to thinking when this happened ...
The puck is ON another's back, does the other teams guys hit the guy with the stick intentionally to try to score ?
It sounds ruthless and dangerous, but I suppose it would happen if the opportunity presented itself.

Also, do you really think the Pens were not fully aware of the springy boards going in ?
They had the opportunity to practice yesterday at the Joe and did not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)