2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

It's amazing how far the Pens have come since February.

They fired Therrien when they were tenth in the conference- at the time, if you asked me who would represent the East in the Stanley Cup Finals, I would have said Boston, Washington, or New Jersey- Pittsburgh truly defied all the odds.

Down 3-0 in game 6 to Philly, down two games to none against both Washington and Detroit, only to ultimately triumph in game 7 on the road.

LORD STANLEY, LORD STANLEY...... GET ME THE BRANDY!!!!

I'd like to congratulate the Pens on this victory and Championship. Even though I'm a viscous hater of all things Pittsburgh, I can still find it in my heart to congratulate them in their time of glory. To win 4 out of 5 against the Wings to win the Cup is an amazing accomplishment and well deserved.

Congrats boys. Enjoy the celebration.

Why, do you think the Wings won't be back for more ?

No. I meant how the young lions beat the proud veteran champions.

It's like when the Oilers beat the Islanders in 1984.

A non-hockey example would be when the Bulls beat the Lakers in 1991 or when the Pistons beat the Celtics in 1988.

LORD STANLEY, LORD STANLEY...... GET ME THE BRANDY!!!!

I'd like to congratulate the Pens on this victory and Championship. Even though I'm a viscous hater of all things Pittsburgh, I can still find it in my heart to congratulate them in their time of glory. To win 4 out of 5 against the Wings to win the Cup is an amazing accomplishment and well deserved.

Congrats boys. Enjoy the celebration.

:up:up:up

No. I meant how the young lions beat the proud veteran champions.

It's like when the Oilers beat the Islanders in 1984.

A non-hockey example would be when the Bulls beat the Lakers in 1991 or when the Pistons beat the Celtics in 1988.

I thought you weren't gonna post in this thread anymore?

This'll be my last word on the playoffs:

Where does this year's Stanley Cup Finals rank all-time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)