2010-11 MLB Hot Stove

If I'm the Marlins I jump all over that, and I like Nolasco a lot (I admit I'm not too familiar to Morrison).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Marlins had to throw in a Chris Volstad type talent also, to make the dealo work..............Justin Upton is THAT good!!!!

Well, Morrison is really good power hitter that will become better...from the left hand side. Remember, he will also come in ALOT cheaper than Upton. SUPPOSEDLY, they are asking Nolasco and Morrison ONLY.

Rumors have been flying heavy down here that the Marlins plan to do some serious wheeling and dealing. They have already gone crazy trading Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller and Dan Uggla. Now comes word that they are are VERY interested in veteran pitcher Javier Vazquez. Main reason is he gobbles up innings and has not been on a DL list in almost 10 years. The OTHER big news I heard on the radio today is that Diamondbacks were very interested in Ricky Nolasco and there is a 'very good possibility' of a Nolasco/Logan Morrison for ....Justin Upton. That would be HUGE!!!!

Where did Maybin go ?

Oh boy.....Yankees and Jeter playing "hard ball" in negociations...?

Jeter is asking WAY too much! A 36 year old major league shortstop that has started his decline in skills...and wants ATLEAST a 4 year deal...crazy...:confused:

Jeter Negotiations Progressing Slowly

The New York Yankees' negotiating strategy with shortstop Derek Jeter is "baffling," his agent says.

"There's a reason the Yankees themselves have stated Derek Jeter is their modern-day Babe Ruth," said Jeter's agent, Casey Close, according to the New York Daily News.

"Derek's significance to the team is much more than just stats. And yet, the Yankees' negotiating strategy remains baffling."

Jeter became a free agent for the first time in his career when his 10 year, $189 million contract expired at the end of the 2010 season.

"They continue to argue their points in the press and refuse to acknowledge Derek's total contribution to their franchise," Close added, according to the report.

The Yankees have reportedly made Jeter an offer for three years and $45 million. But Jeter is seeking a deal lasting at least four years and preferably longer, a source told ESPNNewYork.com's Wallace Matthews last week.

Derek Jeter's agent: New York Yankees' negotiating strategy 'baffling' - ESPN New York

Looks like the Tigers are not sitting on that payroll that coming off the books this year

The Tigers and catcher Victor Martinez have agreed on a four-year contract for $50 million, according to the Boston Globe.

Martinez was offered four years and $48 million from the Orioles and three years and $48 million from the White Sox, according to Ignacio Serrano of El Nacional in Venezuela.

Advertisement
Martinez, 31, has played for Cleveland and Boston in his nine-year major league career. He hit .302 with 20 homers and 79 RBIs in 127 games for the Red Sox in 2010.

His career batting average is .300 and his career on-base percentage is .369.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101123/SPORTS0104/11230404/Report--Tigers-will-get-Victor-Martinez-for-four-years--$50M#ixzz167rDqtVC

Looks like the Tigers are not sitting on that payroll that coming off the books this year

The Tigers and catcher Victor Martinez have agreed on a four-year contract for $50 million, according to the Boston Globe.

Martinez was offered four years and $48 million from the Orioles and three years and $48 million from the White Sox, according to Ignacio Serrano of El Nacional in Venezuela.

Advertisement
Martinez, 31, has played for Cleveland and Boston in his nine-year major league career. He hit .302 with 20 homers and 79 RBIs in 127 games for the Red Sox in 2010.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101123/SPORTS0104/11230404/Report--Tigers-will-get-Victor-Martinez-for-four-years--$50M#ixzz167rDqtVC

Wow.....I really did not expected Boston to let his bat get away! The funniest thing is that usually, the heavy signing time is during the winter meetings....which are two or three weeks away.

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

Dontrelle Willis agrees to minor-league deal with Reds

From the Cincinnati Enquier:
Left-hander Dontrelle Willis agreed to a minor league deal with the Reds.

Willis won the NL Rookie of the Year award in 2003, helping the Marlins win the World Series that season. He has struggled the last few years, going 13-24 with a 5.81 ERA since the start of the 2007 season.
Willis went 0-2 with Detroit in 2008 and 1-4 in 2009. Detroit traded him to Arizona, and the Diamondbacks designated him for assignment him after he went 1-1 with a 6.85 ERA and 27 walks in 22 1/3 innings.

The Giants signed him to a minor league deal in July, but he became a free agent after the season. Willis turns 29 on Jan. 12.

All I can say is...:eek:!!!

Advertisement

Wow.....I really did not expected Boston to let his bat get away! The funniest thing is that usually, the heavy signing time is during the winter meetings....which are two or three weeks away.

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

I'm thinking that the Sox didn't like his LOW Base Stealing Caught % .... it's quite low, but the Tigers will enjoy a HITTING Catcher, something they have not had since Pudge left.

Dodgers signed Uribe. Pathetic signing, IMO. They then traded Theriot to the Cards. An even dumber move on their part.

ESPN has announced that Dan Shulman, Orel Hershiser and Bobby Valentine will be the new broadcast team for Sunday Night Baseball.

Looks like Adrian Gonzales is going to be traded to the Boston Redsox for some prospects.

And it looks like they will also get Crawford OR Werth as well. With Gonzales and Werth/Crawford added, this lineup will be pretty damn good

Looks like Adrian Gonzales is going to be traded to the Boston Redsox for some prospects.

From today's Boston Herald:

December 4th, 2010
Gonzalez could post huge numbers here

"When the Red Sox signed Adrian Beltre last year, it was in the hope that removing him from one of baseball’s worst hitter’s parks would increase his offensive output considerably.

They were right. Freed from the canyon of Safeco Field, Beltre murdered the ball, earned a Silver Slugger Award, and lined up himself up for a huge free agent payday.

With the news that the Red Sox are about to acquire slugging first baseman Adrian Gonzalez from the Padres for at least three minor leaguers, that scenario could repeat itself – except with significantly greater rewards.

Because while Beltre’s overall numbers in Seattle were only slightly above average, Gonzalez has been a consistent MVP candidate in the worst hitter’s park in the game. And his home/road splits, along with his inside-out swing, suggest he could put up some monster numbers in Fenway Park.

For his career, Gonzalez has hit .263 with 61 homers, 214 RBIs and an .800 OPS in San Diego’s Petco Park. In virtually the same number of plate appearances on the road, his career numbers are a .303 average with 107 homers, 311 RBIs, and a .943 OPS.

In clearer terms, consider this: if you prorate Gonzalez’s home numbers over 162 games, he hits 23 homers with 81 RBIs. If you prorate his road numbers over 162 games, you’re looking at these whoppers: 40 homers and 117 RBIs.

He’ll essentially play 162 road games next year by leaving Petco. Assuming he passes a physical and the sides reach an agreement on an extension, that the Red Sox have just made their biggest acquisition since Manny Ramirez a decade ago.

OMG!!!! I'm as giddy as Charlie Sheen in a brothel!! :eek::D

Adrian Gonzalez is about to become a Boston Red Sox!! THIS is the guy I've coveted (and more importantly the Red Sox) for the last three years!! :up

Yo, Adrian..........somebody pinch me!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)