2010-2011 College Bowl Season

...Even though I want a playoff, I want Cuban to stay away from this...
I agree with this. I'm sure his motives have more to do with putting a huge amount of that BC$ into his own pocket than his want of a fair playoff system. He's a snake, a smart one, but a snake non the less. You want the NCAA to become even more corrupt, get Cuban involved. :down

What's that have to do with hosting a championship game? That analogy is just dumb.

You obvisly know nothing on the subject. Cuban wants to own the college football playoffs. Sounds like you and conspiracy Cuban would get along just fine.:rolleyes:

You obvisly know nothing on the subject. Cuban wants to own the college football playoffs. Sounds like you and conspiracy Cuban would get along just fine.:rolleyes:

I know that one man's opinion on NBA players has nothing to do with him wanting to host a College Championship game, apparently something you don't realize.

and just why would they allow it? It would infringe on their monopoly and knowing him, he may even be in for busting up the lock that Disney has on the bowls. :D I don't really think he is one who would care if he pisses off the cartels of college sports (NCAA and Bc$, and their bedfellow, Disney.)

The NCAA is WAY to powerful for thier own good.

I think it would be GREAT if the teams said, what the hell, lets play next week at X location and get it on, theres NOTHING stating they CAN NOT ... just because the NCAA doesn't want them too.

The NCAA is WAY to powerful for thier own good.

I think it would be GREAT if the teams said, what the hell, lets play next week at X location and get it on, theres NOTHING stating they CAN NOT ... just because the NCAA doesn't want them too.

Are you sure about that? I thought that part of the "agreement" that the NCAA had with the member schools limited the number of games they could play. The NCAA lost an important (to me, anyhow) battle about number of games on TV long ago, though. UGA helped end NCAA's TV monopoly  | ajc.com Hopefully, some schools that have something to gain and administrators with some 'nads will take them on re: playoffs and number of games played.

and that is worse than the current situation how? Cuban may be all that he is accused of, but if he facilitates something the public wants and the BCS & NCAA want to keep from the fans, what is wrong with that?

I agree with this. I'm sure his motives have more to do with putting a huge amount of that BC$ into his own pocket than his want of a fair playoff system. He's a snake, a smart one, but a snake non the less. You want the NCAA to become even more corrupt, get Cuban involved. :down

Cubans not getting involved in the NCAA at all.

IF you were proposing a new system and had the money to finance it, wouldn't you want to be able to make money off of it ?
Nobody works for free.

Cubans not getting involved in the NCAA at all.

IF you were proposing a new system and had the money to finance it, wouldn't you want to be able to make money off of it ?
Nobody works for free.
You contradict yourself. Do you think that the NCAA will just sit back and let Cuban pull the rug out from under them and do what he wants to? Like you said, nobody works for free.

What's the difference? The money goes to Cuban or to the NCAA. He may be an arrogant SOB, but he knows the people want a playoff system, whether he wants one or not. ANd he knows how to make money - Give the people what they want.

The NCAA is definitely a snake, and not even a smart one, they just have a monopoly.

Last edited:
You bet! That's why they'll fight tooth and nail to stop Cuban. I would imagine a few lawsuits would be flying around if Cuban gets this thing going.
File all the lawsuits they want, but if a conference (say the SEC) decides to leave the NCAA, nothing the NCAA can do about it. The Supreme Court has already ruled against them in an antitrust case for trying to control the conferences. The individual conferences & schools are free to do want they want. The NIT also won a few court cases against the NCAA reguarding the B-ball tournaments.

If a conference like the SEC goes out on it's own, it's free to. The problem is that the big boys make more money off the BCS (oviously since they're the ones to set it up) so are unlikely to upset the unequal money distribution that is current.

The NCAA doesn't want a playoff , so they can keep thier $ 500,000 salaries.

Huh? 500k? :D Per the 2008 IRS Form 990, Miles Brand made over 1.1 million, his cronies Jernstedt and Franklin each made well in excess of 500k, with a bunch of others landing in well in excess of 250k (see Part 2, page 2). The NCAA is hardly run for the good of sports, its all about the $$$$.

Note: Check out the entire Form 990 for the National Collegiate Athletic Association at guidestar.org if you want to see how the money is spread around that the NCAA has to report to the IRS. The NCAA must have a lot of important jobs as they pay so well. :D

Huh? 500k? :D Per the 2008 IRS Form 990, Miles Brand made over 1.1 million, his cronies Jernstedt and Franklin each made well in excess of 500k, with a bunch of others landing in well in excess of 250k (see Part 2, page 2). The NCAA is hardly run for the good of sports, its all about the $$$$.

Note: Check out the entire Form 990 for the National Collegiate Athletic Association at guidestar.org if you want to see how the money is spread around that the NCAA has to report to the IRS. The NCAA must have a lot of important jobs as they pay so well. :D

Just referring from the article posted earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)