2010-2011 College Bowl Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Ok so here is my predictions for the BCS bowls.

BCS Title Game -
Oregon Vs. Auburn -- Auburn Wins

Sugar Bowl-
LSU Vs. Boise St -- LSU Wins

Orange Bowl-
Virginia Tech Vs. Ohio St. -- Ohio St Wins

Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma St Vs. Pittsburgh-- OK St wins

Rose Bowl-
Mich St Vs Stanford -- Mich St Wins

The Rose bowl may well be Wisconsin but Im hoping for the Spartans.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should probabably append the word "Prediction" to the title since this thread is completely speculative.

Good point, or the casual observer will glance at it and think that it is set up ....

I think that Ohio State would go to the Fiesta befroe the Orange, but thatsjust me.

MSU will be playing in the "toilet bowl" as Wisconsin will be in the Rose Bowl, it appears. Doesn't make a lot of difference in who plays Stanford, however, as Stanford will win against either. Why? WI or MSU will not prepare for the game properly, they will be under the impression that Stanford isn't as good as they are, when, from what I have seen, they are better than Oregon.

Otherwise, I think you have your picks pretty well right-on.

Kentucky is bowl eligible and I really hope they beat Tennessee this week and get rid of one of their long losing streaks.

BCS Bowl Selection Order

If we're making predictions of who goes where, here's the BCS Selection Order to help people make educated guesses.

BCS Championship - #1
BCS Championship - #2
Rose Bowl - Pac 10 Champ
Rose Bowl - Big Ten Champ
Sugar Bowl - SEC Champ
Orange Bowl - ACC Champ
Fiesta Bowl - Big 12 Champ
Bowl that lost #1 anchor - at large
Bowl that lost #2 anchor - at large
Sugar Bowl - at large
Orange Bowl - at large
Fiesta Bowl - at large

Rose Bowl only gets an early replacement pic if it loses both anchors, otherwise it picks last
Big East is guaranteed an at large

Things of note:
Rose Bowl - almost always takes a Pac 10 or Big Ten team to replace an anchor
Sugar Bowl - almost always takes an SEC team to replace an anchor

Here's my predictions for the BCS games

BCS Title Game - Oregon vs. Auburn - Auburn wins

Sugar Bowl - LSU vs. Ohio St - Ohio St. finally wins against an SEC team (Sugar takes LSU as anchor replacement, and with first at large pick, chooses Ohio St., as they travel exceptionally well, and it's a rematch from LSU's championship game)

Orange Bowl - Virginia Tech vs. Stanford - Stanford wins (Virginia Tech again beats NC State in the ACC championship game and then the Orange has a choice of an at large, highest non-ranked qualifier, or the Big East champion, the Orange takes 1 loss Stanford, since the Big Ten can't supply more than 2 teams.

Fiesta Bowl - Nebraska vs. TCU - TCU wins (Nebraska again beats Oklahoma St. to win the Big 12 championship game and get into the Fiesta Bowl, the Fiesta then has a choice between the highest ranked non-qualifier and a 4 loss Big East Champ, easy choice. TCU keeps it's edge with the computers, allowing them to get the autobid instead of Boise St.)

Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs Pittsburgh - Wisconsin wins (Wisconsin because they're the highest ranked team in the Big Ten championship tie so they get the auto bid, and since the Rose has the last at large pick, to replace Oregon, they're stuck with 4 loss Big East Champ)

Last edited:
yes, but it also has to look at fulfilling it's req for a non-AQ. Boise to the Rose.

Not that I would complain - would knock an item off of my bucket list to see UConn in the Rose Bowl :)

Wow... lots of interesting picks although I can safely say that no matter who VT plays in the Orange bowl they will Win! :D

I'm just hoping that Boise St gets upset friday night cause I'm sick of hearing about them playing in the National Championship game.

I want Boise State to win and TCU to win, and then Auburn and Oregon to lose. :D

yes, but it also has to look at fulfilling it's req for a non-AQ. Boise to the Rose.
Which is why I have the Fiesta taking TCU (non-AQ), which forces the Big East champ into the Rose.

With the order I have them picked, the Fiesta has to take either the highest non-AQ or the Big East champ. I would imagine they'd take n undefeated southwestern team over a 4-loss eastern team, which leave the Rose stuck with the Big East champ.

With so many high-caliber 1-loss teams taht travel well (Ohio St., LSU, Stanford) I don't see 2 non-AQ making it this year. Sorry Boise St.

Last edited:
BCS Title Game- Oregon VS Boise St.

Sugar Bowl - South Carolina VS TCU

Rose Bowl - Wisconsin VS Stanford

Orange Bowl - NC State VS Pitt

Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma St VS LSU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)