2010-2011 College Bowl Season

As safely as they were going to beat Boise St. ;)

really??? no sense arguing this with you again so I'll leave it be. I'm a fan and of course I'm going to pull for them to win and so far they've rung off 9 straight soon to be 10 straight wins to be the only current team with 7 consecutive 10 win seasons!

Here's my predictions for the BCS games

BCS Title Game - Oregon vs. Auburn - Auburn wins

Sugar Bowl - LSU vs. Ohio St - Ohio St. finally wins against an SEC team (Sugar takes LSU as anchor replacement, and with first at large pick, chooses Ohio St., as they travel exceptionally well, and it's a rematch from LSU's championship game)

Orange Bowl - Virginia Tech vs. Stanford - Stanford wins (Virginia Tech again beats NC State in the ACC championship game and then the Orange has a choice of an at large, highest non-ranked qualifier, or the Big East champion, the Orange takes 1 loss Stanford, since the Big Ten can't supply more than 2 teams.

Fiesta Bowl - Nebraska vs. TCU - TCU wins (Nebraska again beats Oklahoma St. to win the Big 12 championship game and get into the Fiesta Bowl, the Fiesta then has a choice between the highest ranked non-qualifier and a 4 loss Big East Champ, easy choice. TCU keeps it's edge with the computers, allowing them to get the autobid instead of Boise St.)

Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs Pittsburgh - Wisconsin wins (Wisconsin because they're the highest ranked team in the Big Ten championship tie so they get the auto bid, and since the Rose has the last at large pick, to replace Oregon, they're stuck with 4 loss Big East Champ)

I like your choices here.

LSU and OSU sounds like it could be a fun matchup.

I heard rumblings that the Rose may end up with Boise State , somehow....

Pitt should be THRILLED to FALL into the Rose Bowl.
Rose Bowl not thrilled ....

Which is why I have the Fiesta taking TCU (non-AQ), which forces the Big East champ into the Rose.

With the order I have them picked, the Fiesta has to take either the highest non-AQ or the Big East champ. I would imagine they'd take n undefeated southwestern team over a 4-loss eastern team, which leave the Rose stuck with the Big East champ.

With so many high-caliber 1-loss teams taht travel well (Ohio St., LSU, Stanford) I don't see 2 non-AQ making it this year. Sorry Boise St.

Imagine, a #3 or 4 ranked team (Boise State) not making a BcS game .... doesn't seem right to be that high and not make it ... then again, if they lose to anyone in the BcS game, they will not start as high next year and will have to WORK thier way up to the top 10 next year.

Imagine, a #3 or 4 ranked team (Boise State) not making a BcS game .... doesn't seem right to be that high and not make it ... then again, if they lose to anyone in the BcS game, they will not start as high next year and will have to WORK thier way up to the top 10 next year.

Unless they decide to bastard up the rules all of a sudden, there is no way that BSu will get into a BcS bowl, if TCU continues to win. If you think that the uproar a few years back when Auburn was left out of the title game was loud, just wait until a BcS AQ conference team is passed over to have a 2nd rate program in their place. It would be funny and would be cause to see the BcS come tumbling down like the walls of Jericho, maybe even getting it replaced by a playoff? :D

Unless they decide to bastard up the rules all of a sudden, there is no way that BSu will get into a BcS bowl, if TCU continues to win. If you think that the uproar a few years back when Auburn was left out of the title game was loud, just wait until a BcS AQ conference team is passed over to have a 2nd rate program in their place. It would be funny and would be cause to see the BcS come tumbling down like the walls of Jericho, maybe even getting it replaced by a playoff? :D

to have a 2nd rate program in their place

What team are you considering a 2nd rate team that would make a BcS game instead ?

Any of the Big Conference teams with only one loss would NOT be considered 2nd Rate ...

Teams that high have been passed over before. Mostly by the Rose Bowl who tries to keep a Pac10/BigTen matchup whenever possible.

The 3rd/4th rank team guarantee rule was written just because of that.

to have a 2nd rate program in their place

What team are you considering a 2nd rate team that would make a BcS game instead ?

Any of the Big Conference teams with only one loss would NOT be considered 2nd Rate ...

Why not? I think the margin between an undefeated TCU, and to a lesser extent Boise, and a 1-loss BCS conference school is thin enough to argue about.

This season is so screwy,I predict that the NCAA will wait until the last minute to declare Cam Newton inelegible,just because....that's how they roll,& cause Auburn to forfeit the games they won with him at QB,again because that's how the NCAA rolls. The BCS title game will be between Oregon & TCU with Oregon routing TCU in order to crush the dreams of all the TCU's,Boise State's,Cincinnati's,Hawaii's,Fresno State's,BYU's(frankly all of the non-major conference "Sisters of the Poor" football teams) & to maintain the balance of power in the BCS(who says we need a playoff system?) toward the major conferences(Pac-10,Big TEN,SEC,ACC,Notre Dame,have I left anybody out?).

This season is so screwy,I predict that the NCAA will wait until the last minute to declare Cam Newton inelegible,just because....that's how they roll,& cause Auburn to forfeit the games they won with him at QB,again because that's how the NCAA rolls. The BCS title game will be between Oregon & TCU with Oregon routing TCU in order to crush the dreams of all the TCU's,Boise State's,Cincinnati's,Hawaii's,Fresno State's,BYU's(frankly all of the non-major conference "Sisters of the Poor" football teams) & to maintain the balance of power in the BCS(who says we need a playoff system?) toward the major conferences(Pac-10,Big TEN,SEC,ACC,Notre Dame,have I left anybody out?).

I wonder if they really want to incur the wrath of all the SEC people at this time on things that are still unproven? Hmmmm.... It does sound about right, its the same numbnuts that control the NCAA and BcS, so keeping things status quo is in their interest. The only thing I can see changing is that people will howl if Notre Chumps is considered for anything above the Harmonica Bowl as they play almost as difficult a schedule as BSu and are only a "legend in their own minds." (ND hasn't had a national presence since they ran off Dr. Lou.)

Here is my Updated Predictions;

BCS Title Game -
Oregon Vs. Auburn -- Auburn Wins

Sugar Bowl-
LSU Vs. Ohio St-- LSU Wins (Sorry OSU Fans but 0-10)

Orange Bowl-
Virginia Tech Vs. TCU -- VTech St Wins

Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma St Vs. Pittsburgh-- OK St wins

Rose Bowl-
Wisconsin Vs Stanford --Wisconsin Wins

BCS Title Game -

Sugar Bowl-

Orange Bowl-

Fiesta Bowl

Rose Bowl-

While I find your match ups interesting, I find your choices to to be a bit off .... :D

In your predictions I would take :

Auburn in a shootout, anyone spell Defense, I think Auburn has the better D and would win.

LSU and Ohio State, could go either way.

Va Tech and TCU, TCU by 10

OK St and Pitt ... Ok State

Whisky and Stanford .....
This should/would be a very good match up.
I'll take Whisky so that Harbaugh won't want to jump ship and go to M.
A Stanford win and he just might do it.

The Insider said:

BCS Title Game -

Sugar Bowl-

Orange Bowl-

Fiesta Bowl

Rose Bowl-

The Rose has to take TCU if they don't make the title game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts