2010-2011 College Bowl Season

VT does not travel good either

You obviously don't watch any of their games... Hell they filled up Atlanta 3 times last year.. 3 TIMES!!! If its any team in the ACC and any writer or sports caster will tell you VT is the one that travels the best!! The only reason your lookin at FSU to do better is cause they are in Florida.. HERP DERP DERP!! VT is getting bad reps for that crappy start..that's all, look beyond that and you see 10 straight wins against decent to good programs regardless of what you think about the ACC, I won't say great cause those teams are in the top 10 and VT hasn't played them this year. Undefeated in ACC play which is the first since FSU did it back in 2000 as it is very hard to do with such competition in the Conf. I predict VT vs Stanford in the Orange and VT winning on top big with one of the best QB's in the country steering the ship!

Yes it is. I don't single mindedly go after the Big East, I go after people thinking a conference/team is better than it is.

That makes you a troll and nothing more.... and I assure you I don't think.. I KNOW VT is better than it's lead out to be. Watch them every week, every play, go to a few games and you will see it - ignore what your hearing on TV and don't just look at highlights cause without watching each one you have no room to criticize them as much as you do.

I mean really.... why flame them so much, I hate a few teams but I'm not on here stomping their fans or the team down left and right.

Have to agree on VT. That's part of the reason I think a non-WVU champ of the BE may be Orange bound. WVU travels well, so they could go anywhere they want.

You obviously don't watch any of their games... Hell they filled up Atlanta 3 times last year.. 3 TIMES!!! If its any team in the ACC and any writer or sports caster will tell you VT is the one that travels the best!! The only reason your lookin at FSU to do better is cause they are in Florida.. HERP DERP DERP!! VT is getting bad reps for that crappy start..that's all, look beyond that and you see 10 straight wins against decent to good programs regardless of what you think about the ACC, I won't say great cause those teams are in the top 10 and VT hasn't played them this year. Undefeated in ACC play which is the first since FSU did it back in 2000 as it is very hard to do with such competition in the Conf. I predict VT vs Stanford in the Orange and VT winning on top big with one of the best QB's in the country steering the ship!

That makes you a troll and nothing more.... and I assure you I don't think.. I KNOW VT is better than it's lead out to be. Watch them every week, every play, go to a few games and you will see it - ignore what your hearing on TV and don't just look at highlights cause without watching each one you have no room to criticize them as much as you do.

I mean really.... why flame them so much, I hate a few teams but I'm not on here stomping their fans or the team down left and right.
I'm a troll because I rip my own Conference (GT BS-EE '93)??? Hahahaha
If you had been here more than this past year, you'd see I was one of the biggest defenders of the ACC for the last several years, just ask hancox. We've had many a Big East/ACC discussion.

But I can't defend the ACC this year. They reek. Going undefeated in this year's conference is on par with going undefeated in the WAC. At least the WAC has defeated quality non-conference opponents though.

As for flaming, you've been the biggest Boise St. flamer all year, from even before they defeated your Hokies.

Have to agree on VT. That's part of the reason I think a non-WVU champ of the BE may be Orange bound. WVU travels well, so they could go anywhere they want.
Yes, but the Orange picks before the Fiesta, and I think they want Stanford to give some credibility to it being a BCS game, and leave the Big East champ headed to the Fiesta.

As for flaming, you've been the biggest Boise St. flamer all year, from even before they defeated your Hokies.

I was never a fan of Boise..that's true but I gave them reps last year from the way they played..this year was just a horrible pie schedule cept for the first and last game...one of which finally caught up with them. Perhaps you could call Brotzman the new Finkle? :D

Yes, but the Orange picks before the Fiesta, and I think they want Stanford to give some credibility to it being a BCS game, and leave the Big East champ headed to the Fiesta.
OF course the Orange wants Stanford.. why in the hell would you want a Uconn or WVA team that has a bad record with neither ranked in the top 20. That's a easy choice... its like picking the hand that has the $50 bill in it vs the $5 bill lol. As for the team they face.. well you run into two situations - FSU is in the same state its in so of course they will travel good to the game, but VT has the better record when they win at 11-2 and will prob be in the Top10 after they win but don't count out VT fans that quick cause we love to travel to those big games. Filled up Atlanta 3 times last year so the better choice would be a 11-2 Top 10 team vs a 12-1 Top 5 team..

Here's my predictions for the BCS games

BCS Title Game - Oregon vs. Auburn - Auburn wins

Sugar Bowl - LSU vs. Ohio St - Ohio St. finally wins against an SEC team (Sugar takes LSU as anchor replacement, and with first at large pick, chooses Ohio St., as they travel exceptionally well, and it's a rematch from LSU's championship game)

Orange Bowl - Virginia Tech vs. Stanford - Stanford wins (Virginia Tech again beats NC State in the ACC championship game and then the Orange has a choice of an at large, highest non-ranked qualifier, or the Big East champion, the Orange takes 1 loss Stanford, since the Big Ten can't supply more than 2 teams.

Fiesta Bowl - Nebraska vs. TCU - TCU wins (Nebraska again beats Oklahoma St. to win the Big 12 championship game and get into the Fiesta Bowl, the Fiesta then has a choice between the highest ranked non-qualifier and a 4 loss Big East Champ, easy choice. TCU keeps it's edge with the computers, allowing them to get the autobid instead of Boise St.)

Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs Pittsburgh - Wisconsin wins (Wisconsin because they're the highest ranked team in the Big Ten championship tie so they get the auto bid, and since the Rose has the last at large pick, to replace Oregon, they're stuck with 4 loss Big East Champ)

Agreed.

And next to the Title Game, this will be the most coveted bowl game of the year. The almighty SEC vs. a very popular Ohio State team with fans spread across this great nation. Makes perfect sense to me.

It will be the next best bowl game to the title game for sure. And no way OSU wins, the weather will be way to nice for them to win.

I was never a fan of Boise..that's true but I gave them reps last year from the way they played..this year was just a horrible pie schedule cept for the first and last game...one of which finally caught up with them. Perhaps you could call Brotzman the new Finkle? :D

OF course the Orange wants Stanford.. why in the hell would you want a Uconn or WVA team that has a bad record with neither ranked in the top 20. That's a easy choice... its like picking the hand that has the $50 bill in it vs the $5 bill lol. As for the team they face.. well you run into two situations - FSU is in the same state its in so of course they will travel good to the game, but VT has the better record when they win at 11-2 and will prob be in the Top10 after they win but don't count out VT fans that quick cause we love to travel to those big games. Filled up Atlanta 3 times last year so the better choice would be a 11-2 Top 10 team vs a 12-1 Top 5 team..

Why would both the Fiesta and Orange bowls look to ship fanbases and teams across the country, especially a "bad travelling" one in Stanford? Stanford being forced to go to the BCS, and NOT to the Rose, opens up the possibility of the Fiesta and Orange dealing a bit.

A WVU/VPI Orange Bowl would be a ticket bonanza - this used to be a trophy game, for crying out loud. I would also think Stanford would travel better to AZ.

If Oklahoma wins the Big 12 this weekend, then a rematch of last years bowl game between OU and Stanford (in the Sun Bowl i think) might hold interest to the Fiesta and to fans too.

It will be the next best bowl game to the title game for sure. And no way OSU wins, the weather will be way to nice for them to win.

Yeah, you're right...no guarantee Ohio State will win, that's for sure. But we can guarantee one thing...FLORIDA WILL NOT WIN A BCS BOWL THIS YEAR.

Sandra

Apparently, SI.COM predicts that The U will be playing none other than Boise St. in the "Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl" on Jan. 9th. LOL!! WTF...!!

The Sun-Sentinel predicts the "Catholics vs Convicts III"....

Apparently, SI.COM predicts that The U will be playing none other than Boise St. in the "Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl" on Jan. 9th. LOL!! WTF...!!

Boise isn't a team to really take lightly and I believe would beat the snot out of Miami.. Their offense is 10x better than Miami's by far!!

dvrexpander said:
Boise isn't a team to really take lightly and I believe would beat the snot out of Miami.. Their offense is 10x better than Miami's by far!!

Who taking them lightly...and don't get yours thong in a twist. Especially since they handle yours Hokies.

Who taking them lightly...and don't get yours thong in a twist. Especially since they handle yours Hokies.

They did win, handle is a word you could use..sure, but they are a good team and don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Miami beat them for the ACC bowl reps but I just don't think Miami has the firepower Boise has.

I can see you and me becoming close friends on the boards... yes AWESOME FRIENDSHIP!!

They did win, handle is a word you could use..sure, but they are a good team and don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Miami beat them for the ACC bowl reps but I just don't think Miami has the firepower Boise has.

I can see you and me becoming close friends on the boards... yes AWESOME FRIENDSHIP!!

Miami HAS fire power...they have NO DIRECTION. Big difference.

And again, you have me confused with someone else. I really do not care about this alliance for conference....it is total hypocrisy. How can you, as a fan of team "A", that totally hated team "B" ALL year...suddenly you want them to win because they represent the same conference? IF they win, that can cause a recruit you were BOTH going after....suddenly go their way, just because they won a bowl your team didn't.

Nah....sorry. I go with the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"....:cool:

Why would both the Fiesta and Orange bowls look to ship fanbases and teams across the country, especially a "bad travelling" one in Stanford? Stanford being forced to go to the BCS, and NOT to the Rose, opens up the possibility of the Fiesta and Orange dealing a bit.

A WVU/VPI Orange Bowl would be a ticket bonanza - this used to be a trophy game, for crying out loud. I would also think Stanford would travel better to AZ.

I still think Stanford's getting ripped off, as they should be going to the Rose to represent thier conference, they are in the top 8 (4)after all, It would be different if they were like 15th, but thier not.

The Sun-Sentinel predicts the "Catholics vs Convicts III"....

Another stupid thing has happened of late .....

Why do we have bolw games showing up AFTER the National Championship game ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)