2010-2011 College Bowl Season

If they lose Oregon to the title game they have to take TCU.

NO.... they DON'T ....

They probably would, but they are not FORCED to take an at large when a Conference team is available.

What makes you think they HAVE to take TCU when TCU's conference has NO affiliation with the Rose Bowl ?

No, the Rose CAN take TCU.
The Rose has the option to take another Pac 10 team first if they want.

It would be in the Rose Bowls best interest to take TCU this year if they are 3rd in the BCS, so saying that I have no idea who VT would play in the Orange Bowl - I'm just hoping its a big program so they can finish off the year big.

Well, here it is, but it make NO SENSE at all to have an alliance with particular bowl games due to this STUPID rule.

They may as well have NO alliances to any bowls anymore if this is the case and just take the top 8 teams and place them in whatever game they would LIKE to see them in.

This is REALLY Stupid.

(For the games in January 2011 through 2014, the first year the Rose Bowl loses a team to the NCG and a team from the non-AQ group is an automatic qualifier, that non-AQ team will play in the Rose Bowl.)

IF I were STANFORD I would be REALLY Pissed as they SHOULD be playing in the Rose bowl with Oregon going elsewhere.
Fortunatly for them they are high enough that they will get in somewhere.

I predict OK St. will not play in the Big-12 championship. OU wins the 3-way Big-12 tiebreaker, beats Nebraska at JerryWorld Stadium in Arlington, then goes to the Fiesta Bowl and beats TCU.

I predict OK St. will not play in the Big-12 championship. OU wins the 3-way Big-12 tiebreaker, beats Nebraska at JerryWorld Stadium in Arlington, then goes to the Fiesta Bowl and beats TCU.

I want to see Nebraska win this go around... that 1 second crap last year cost them and I feel they deserve this win after the way they have played this year. The way OU's defense fell apart at the end of the game last night I most certainly see Nebraska having an advantage.

I want to see Nebraska win this go around... that 1 second crap last year cost them and I feel they deserve this win after the way they have played this year. The way OU's defense fell apart at the end of the game last night I most certainly see Nebraska having an advantage.

Is thier QB going to be healthy enough to play ?

Is thier QB going to be healthy enough to play ?

Does it matter? They have Rex Burkhead playing the position with Green anyway and doing a hell of a job at it from what I can tell...it was enough to put 45points up against Colorado. Would be good stuff to watch and see if Bo goes off on someone again :D

I grew up on OU football so I was torn last night, but I have said from the beginning of the season I would like to see one last OU/Neb fight.

Nebraska is as suspect as OU considering the way a so so Texas team tore them up as well as A&M. Whichever defense steps up to make a couple of good stops will decide the game as both offenses can and will put the points up.

Nebraska putting 45 up on Colorado is no big deal as OU put 43 on them as did most of the teams they played this season. Heck lowly Kansas put 52 on them.

The Bowl predictions are starting to get clearer.

I'm hoping for Stanford to go to the Orange bowl... I can't stand to think a low crap playing West VA team may end up playing in a BCS Bowl game at all..that's just stupid when you have Michigan St sitting here with such a good record... Hell I'd take them over Ohio St to play in a BCS Bowl Game.

Here's my updated predictions for the BCS games

BCS Title Game - Oregon vs. Auburn - Auburn wins

Sugar Bowl - Arkansas vs. Ohio St - Ohio St. finally wins against an SEC team (Sugar takes Arkansas as anchor replacement (yeah there's higher picks out there like Stanford, but the Sugar loves the SEC), and with first at large pick, chooses Ohio St., as they travel exceptionally well)

Rose Bowl
- Wisconsin vs TCU - TCU wins (Wisconsin because they're the highest ranked team in the Big Ten championship tie so they get the auto bid, and since TCU is the automatic non-AQ qualifier, they see roses)

Orange Bowl
- FSU vs. Stanford - Stanford wins (FSU surprised VT in the ACC championship game and then the Orange has a choice of automatic qualifier Stanford, or the Big East champion.

Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Connecticut - Oklahoma wins (Oklahoma defeats Nebraska in the Big 12 championship game and get into the Fiesta Bowl putting an end to a storied rivalry, the Fiesta then is stuck with the last pick, which is the Big East Champ)

I'm hoping for Stanford to go to the Orange bowl... I can't stand to think a low crap playing West VA team may end up playing in a BCS Bowl game at all..that's just stupid when you have Michigan St sitting here with such a good record... Hell I'd take them over Ohio St to play in a BCS Bowl Game.
Yeah, because the Big East has been so much better than the ACC this year. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but the ACC has made the WAC look good this year. Have we even beaten a non-ACC 1-A team this year? Except for Florida that is, go 'noles (sorry Insdier & Hart, had to have fun with y'all ;) At least y'all admit when your team isn't all that). With the last few years results, I wouldn't be surprised if the MWC (as they'll have Boise St. & TCU) gets an AQ with the Big East & ACC losing theirs (and quite honestly, with their last few years they don't deserve them).

Yawn. How did you feel when a crappy Illinois team made the Rose Bowl, thanks to things being "stupid," and got manhandled? Hmmm?

Yeah, because the Big East has been so much better than the ACC this year. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but the ACC has made the WAC look good this year. Have we even beaten a non-ACC 1-A team this year? Except for Florida that is, go 'noles (sorry Insdier & Hart, had to have fun with y'all ;) At least y'all admit when your team isn't all that). With the last few years results, I wouldn't be surprised if the MWC (as they'll have Boise St. & TCU) gets an AQ with the Big East & ACC losing theirs (and quite honestly, with their last few years they don't deserve them).

Derwin - is that really you? :)

Seriously, I think the comparison is quite fair. Neither conference has done great this year, but the single-mindedness of people going after the BE has been annoying...

Here's my updated predictions for the BCS games

BCS Title Game - Oregon vs. Auburn - Auburn wins

Sugar Bowl - Arkansas vs. Ohio St - Ohio St. finally wins against an SEC team (Sugar takes Arkansas as anchor replacement (yeah there's higher picks out there like Stanford, but the Sugar loves the SEC), and with first at large pick, chooses Ohio St., as they travel exceptionally well)

Rose Bowl
- Wisconsin vs TCU - TCU wins (Wisconsin because they're the highest ranked team in the Big Ten championship tie so they get the auto bid, and since TCU is the automatic non-AQ qualifier, they see roses)

Orange Bowl
- FSU vs. Stanford - Stanford wins (FSU surprised VT in the ACC championship game and then the Orange has a choice of automatic qualifier Stanford, or the Big East champion.

Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Connecticut - Oklahoma wins (Oklahoma defeats Nebraska in the Big 12 championship game and get into the Fiesta Bowl putting an end to a storied rivalry, the Fiesta then is stuck with the last pick, which is the Big East Champ)

I would have to think Stanford and UConn would get flipped here. Stanford will have enough trouble getting people to Phoenix, much less Miami. It's a better fit for both sides.

I would have to think Stanford and UConn would get flipped here. Stanford will have enough trouble getting people to Phoenix, much less Miami. It's a better fit for both sides.
VT does not travel good either, but if FSU gets in, they'll get people.
But since the Orange is stuck with the ACC champ, they're going to want one outstanding team from this year, and that would be Stanford. Otherwise a matchup between the ACC & Big East champ might as well be the Independence Bowl.

Derwin - is that really you? :)

Seriously, I think the comparison is quite fair. Neither conference has done great this year, but the single-mindedness of people going after the BE has been annoying...
Yes it is. I don't single mindedly go after the Big East, I go after people thinking a conference/team is better than it is.
The ACC has literary sucked this year, my Jackets especially. Until either conference proves otherwise, then the MWC is light years ahead of them, especially with Boise ST. being added next year.

Of course with B-ball up and swinging, then the ACC & Big East can crow about something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts