2010 British Open (aka The Open Championship)

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
The Open Golf Championship 2010

The Open Championship will next be held on the Old Course, St Andrews from Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th July 2010. The World's greatest golfers will battle for the famous Claret Jug, won by Tiger Woods at the last two St Andrews Opens - 2000 and 2005. It will see the famous 17th "Road Hole", possibly the most famous hole in golf, lengthened for the first time in over 100 years.

The Open Championship - Official Site -

It's my 2nd favorite tournament behind The Masters...however, it's a very close 2nd given the fact this years tournament is being played at St. Andrews. My only beef with the The Open Championship is the HD isn't nearly as crisp and sharp as it is with The Masters. Hmmm. I can only assume the video feeds are coming directly from the BBC.

It's my 2nd favorite tournament behind The Masters...however, it's a very close 2nd given the fact this years tournament is being played at St. Andrews. My only beef with the The Open Championship is the HD isn't nearly as crisp and sharp as it is with The Masters. Hmmm. I can only assume the video feeds are coming directly from the BBC.
This is the first year it will be in HD. In the past it has just been upscaled 16:9 SD since US broadcasters use the BBC feed. This year it will finally be in HD:D

This is the first year it will be in HD. In the past it has just been upscaled 16:9 SD since US broadcasters use the BBC feed. This year it will finally be in HD:D
Thanks for refreshing my memory. I now recall cursing the BBC in past years for their 4:3 SD feed...especially after watching The Masters and U.S. Open produced in HD for several years. I supe hope the BBC produces a high quality HD feed...but anything has to be an improvement over past years.

The course looks so beautiful in HD. Glad to see The Open Championship in HD finally, period

Q: I know it's a long shot, but let's say John Daly & Tiger Woods are in the final pairing on Sunday. Who are you rooting for?

I say John Daly. Sure he's had issues, just like Tiger, but he's been completely open about them. The general public appreciates a real person, not hiding or faking who he really is. John Daly is the working man's man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)