2010 British Open (aka The Open Championship)

Wow! The players are tearing-up the course with Rory McIlroy posting an incredible -9. Other notable scores (in my book) are:

John Daly at -6 (turning back the clock)
Tiger Woods at -5 (can he find his grove...last seen prior to his Thanksgiving Day beating)
Lee Westwood at -5 (the man is on a mission back in his hometown UK)
Vijay Singh at -4 (does he still have something left in the tank)
Ernie Els at -3 (playing well once again after being DOA on the tour)
Phil Mickelson at +1 (can he come back in this less-than-stell opening round)

Stay tuned...

Wow! The players are tearing-up the course with Rory McIlroy posting an incredible -9. Other notable scores (in my book) are:

John Daly at -6 (turning back the clock)
Tiger Woods at -5 (can he find his grove...last seen prior to his Thanksgiving Day beating)
Lee Westwood at -5 (the man is on a mission back in his hometown UK)
Vijay Singh at -4 (does he still have something left in the tank)
Ernie Els at -3 (playing well once again after being DOA on the tour)
Phil Mickelson at +1 (can he come back in this less-than-stell opening round)

Stay tuned...

WOW! Didn't they said that the weather is suppose to be awful all week?

I tuned-in at 4:30 am. It's a cool and rainy morning, but the course is managable. I get the feeling the old course will play much differently in the afternoon when the winds pick-up. Anyway, Mickelson has a birdie and an eagle after 5-holes, but he missed three other birdie opportunities. South African Louis Oosthuizen is leading the tournament at -11 after 16-holes...with a majority of the leaderboard yet to tee off.

Calcaveccia is a -7 after 2 rounds. Good job for the old man. ;)

Rain coming down horizontally! The ghost of Old Tom Morris is wreaking havoc on this course! He must've been pissed when he saw all those low score from yesterday! :)

Mickelson finished at -1 and Even Par for the tournament...so he will be around for the weekend. McIlroy has tee'd off and Tiger and some of the other leaders are soon to follow.

Crap! I just noticed ESPN was providing television coverage over the weekend. I cannot stand their golf coverage.

Play suspended due to high winds. The balls on the green were getting blown around.

Mickelson finished at -1 and Even Par for the tournament...so he will be around for the weekend. McIlroy has tee'd off and Tiger and some of the other leaders are soon to follow.

Crap! I just noticed ESPN was providing television coverage over the weekend. I cannot stand their golf coverage.
Do you have D*? You can bypass their stupid studio chats with the International Feed.

Play suspended due to high winds. The balls on the green were getting blown around.
The afternoon conditions are once again much more difficult than those in the morning rounds. The course has got to be playing 6+ shorts more difficult for the poor bastards out there right now. Personally, I'm waiting for the many of the leaders to fall-back over the weekend. We shall see...

The afternoon conditions are once again much more difficult than those in the morning rounds. The course has got to be playing 6+ shorts more difficult for the poor bastards out there right now. Personally, I'm waiting for the many of the leaders to fall-back over the weekend. We shall see...

The wind is just stupid hard today now.

It would appear this tournament is Mr. Oosthuizen's to lose. He's never been in this position and it should be interesting to see how if the pressure gets to him playing late in the afternoon and in front of the all the cameras.

riffjim4069 said:
It would appear this tournament is Mr. Oosthuizen's to lose. He's never been in this position and it should be interesting to see how if the pressure gets to him playing late in the afternoon and in front of the all the cameras.

or how it gets to him if he ends up playing in the strong winds. Tiger has missed a few easy putts, he could be putting pressure on the leader.

Back to the studio with Tirico? Wtf is this. Back to international feed

Tiger was able to hold on today with a +1. The weekend will be very interesting.

Just realized that ABC will be getting coverage today. Disappointing to me because my local ABC only feeds a low bitrate 2.0 audio. I know ESPN doesn't do 5.1, but at least it is a higher bitrate and you can hear more detail