2010 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, I must say, that game last night was one for the ages. Anyone who didn't tune in because they thought it'd be a blow-out missed out on quite possibly one of THE very best NCAA Championships of all time! What a fitting end to a great tournament! From beginning to end, I don't think even Hollywood could've scripted it any better.... well, with exception to the final heave by Hayward going in.

Well, I must say, that game last night was one for the ages. Anyone who didn't tune in because they thought it'd be a blow-out missed out on quite possibly one of THE very best NCAA Championships of all time! What a fitting end to a great tournament! From beginning to end, I don't think even Hollywood could've scripted it any better.... well, with exception to the final heave by Hayward going in.
That game sucked! It was like Hoosiers all up until the end and then Jimmy Chitwood misses. WTF! :mad:

Duke did not lose a single game this season when they wore the white home jerseys (their losses came on the road, when they were either blue or black).

Pretty interesting fact there.

The Big 10 has been looking to expand. Anyone wanna make book on whether Butler will end up there? They have the academic credentials that the Big 10 needs and their teams cannot be considered "flukes" any more.

BTW, the game was one of the best I can remember. Duke was lucky to have escaped with a win in the game, IMO.

Carolina Bias?

On the left is the front page of the Charlotte Observer the day after North Carolina won the 2009 national championship. At right, the front page following Duke's National Title. What gives?

500x_charlotteobserver.jpg

On the left is the front page of the Charlotte Observer the day after North Carolina won the 2009 national championship. At right, the front page following Duke's National Title. What gives?

500x_charlotteobserver.jpg
LMAO! :haha What gives is UNC is the home team in North Carolina and dook is not. I bet the Newark Star Ledger had a full page spread for dook, but no way in Charlotte.

Too bad for you, eh?
Quite the opposite. college basketball is one of the most boring sports to watch...slightly above professional basketball. It involves no meaningful strategy (unlike baseball, football, hockey or even soccer) which is why nobody watches college basketball during the regular season. Personally, I don't need to piss-away 2-3 hours of my life watching such drivel on my television...or should I say dribble. Anyway, you asked my opinion. I apologize if it was not the answer you were expecting. ;)

I'm sorry, but there's no way game 1 of a 162 game schedule could compete with the instant classic the rest of us were treated to last night.
I'm glad you feel that way, but I completely disagree. Duke outscored the other team during the 1st half; Duke outscored the other team during the 2nd half; Duke won the game, which everyone knew would happen. Again, I am glad that you enjoyed the game.

Quite the opposite. college basketball is one of the most boring sports to watch...slightly above professional basketball. It involves no meaningful strategy (unlike baseball, football, hockey or even soccer) which is why nobody watches college basketball during the regular season. Personally, I don't need to piss-away 2-3 hours of my life watching such drivel on my television...or should I say dribble. Anyway, you asked my opinion. I apologize if it was not the answer you were expecting. ;)
No meaningful strategy? You must not know much about the game then. College basketball has tons of strategy in it. And there are tons of fans who watch college basketball throughout the regular season. Hence why so many games are on TV.

LMAO! :haha What gives is UNC is the home team in North Carolina and dook is not. I bet the Newark Star Ledger had a full page spread for dook, but no way in Charlotte.
It's the same in most States, where the State's flagship university gets more coverage statewide than other schools, especially the private ones.

for example, Florida gets more State coverage than Miami.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts