2010 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread

Forget the cheering and start the praying. You were correct when you mentioned that Butler doesn't stand a chance. Duke will win this game handily and there is no reason for anyone, other than diehard Duke and Butler fans, to waste their time watching.

Teams don't win 25 straight by shear luck my friend. I have a feeling if you don't tune it, you may miss out on a chance of history.

Mike Krzyzewski remains the Nets’ top choice to be their next head coach.

Incoming billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov is prepared to make Krzyzewski an offer that would be difficult to refuse, league sources said.

Krzyzewski turned down a five-year, $40 million offer to coach Kobe Bryant and the Lakers in 2004. The Nets’ offer likely will be between $12 million and $15 million per season for Krzyzewski to be their coach and perhaps general manager, a source said.

Wow, how do you turn that down, especially if Dook wins tonight?? Then, after Auriemma's admission last night that the only men's programs he would leave for would be Dook or NC.....hmm.....

Source: Nets ready to make Mike Krzyzewski a big offer

Wow, how do you turn that down, especially if Dook wins tonight?? Then, after Auriemma's admission last night that the only men's programs he would leave for would be Dook or NC.....hmm.....

He won't leave. I wish he would but he won't. K gets to flirt with the NBA by coaching the Olympic team. He gets to coach the best players and knows he'll win. There's no amount of money that makes the Nets job attractive.

This is very different. Both NC St and Nova were "ok" teams from major conferences (big quotes there, BTW). Both were also taking on seemingly "for the ages" type teams with skill players that will go down as the best to play their respective positions.

Duke and Butler are neither of these 2. GO BULLDOGS!!!
True, but it's been 22 years since Kansas won the tournament as a 6 seed. No one lower than a 4 seed has won it since. For Butler to win the whole thing would be quite unusual, and while dook is nowhere near is good as those Houston or Georgetown teams of the 80's they are the most hated team in college sports. dook is like the Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys, minus cute cheerleaders.

Well, this didn't last long...

"I wouldn't have any interest in the job. You would be flattered if someone would offer you a job, but I would not be interested." - Coach K

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2010/news/story?id=5056964"]Mike Krzyzewski of Duke Blue Devils has "no interest" in New Jersey Nets job - ESPN[/ame]

OMG!!!!!!

Can you even imagine if that went in!!??? :eek:

Anyway, congrats to Duke and a very game Butler team!

Congratulations to Duke on a hard-fought, well-earned win.

That's title #4 for Coach K- fittingly, it came in the same city he won his first one (1991 at the old Hoosier Dome)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)