2010 NBA Free Agency Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Atlanta is CRAZY....IF it is true that Atlanta offered the MAX to Joe Johnson....6 years, $119 million....that could be the worst contract EVER in the NBA! They paid Wade and Lebron money to a guy that had is best year and when the contract expires....he will be 36!

Scary times....

Atlanta is CRAZY....IF it is true that Atlanta offered the MAX to Joe Johnson....6 years, $119 million....that could be the worst contract EVER in the NBA! They paid Wade and Lebron money to a guy that had is best year and when the contract expires....he will be 36!

Scary times....
I read somewhere that this is the worst contract ever. What's crazy is that anyone who watched the playoffs could see that the best teams are the ones with the best benches. Atlanta is crazy to spend that type of money on Johnson when they could spend half as much or less and get quality role players instead.

I read somewhere that this is the worst contract ever. What's crazy is that anyone who watched the playoffs could see that the best teams are the ones with the best benches. Atlanta is crazy to spend that type of money on Johnson when they could spend half as much or less and get quality role players instead.

I mean is Atlanta say hat he worth JUST as much as Wade or Lebron? :eek:

I mean is Atlanta say hat he worth JUST as much as Wade or Lebron? :eek:
What's even crazier is that the Hawks are owned by a group of investors that hate each other. From what I hear they are constantly feuding and threatening to sue each other, yet of all the things they could bicker about somehow they agree on this deal? WTF!

What about Rudy Gay? He just got a Max deal too. Is he better than LeBron, Wade or even Joe Johnson?

Very true. With the way the CBA is set up now, it's very simplistic to say teams think certain players are as good as Lebron or Kobe because they received max contracts. It's supply and demand, and if the Grizzlies and Hawks want to keep those guys, they feel they have to max them out. In all honestly Lebron and Kobe would receive much much more than the current cap if it did not exist. ;)

Sandra

Either this ain't good...or good ole fashion posturing...

Interesting and scary at the same time...

CHICAGO -- Dwyane Wade and the Chicago Bulls have more to say to each other.

Wade and the Bulls were set to meet for a second time during this free-agent bonanza on Friday, that sit-down scheduled shortly after the 2006 NBA finals MVP spent more than two hours getting wooed by the New York Knicks on Friday morning at a downtown Chicago hotel.

Wade emerged from the Knicks' session "intrigued" by what he heard.

And after starting his series of free-agent interviews with the Bulls on Thursday, there's clearly intrigue there as well.

2010 Free Agents: New York Knicks taking their turn to woo free agent Dwayne Wade - ESPN

WOW....the plot thickens AND things are NOT looking good for the HEAT:

Wade COULD end up in Chicago, with EITHER Lebron OR Bosh....*gulp*...

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 37 minutes ago

Chicago Bulls executives pressed Dwyane Wade(notes) for a commitment on Friday afternoon, but the star free-agent guard wasn’t ready to make such a leap to leave the Miami Heat, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

The Bulls were pushing for a commitment to arm them in a meeting set for Saturday with LeBron James(notes) in Cleveland. Officials will now try to work over James on constructing an All-Star free-agent alliance in Chicago.

The Bulls and Wade met for a second time on Friday and talked deeper about what it would take to sway Wade back to his hometown. Chris Bosh(notes) joined Wade and the Bulls for part of the meeting in the office of agent Henry Thomas, who represents both players. There are scenarios where the Bulls could try to work an arrangement for all three players to join them – presumably engineering a sign-and-trade with Toronto for Bosh – but the most likely partnership would come with Wade and James or Wade and Bosh.

“D-Wade and LeBron want to play together, but neither one wants to commit to each other,” a source with knowledge of the conversations told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.

Sources say Wade is intrigued by the talent the Bulls have to surround him, especially in contrast to how gutted the Heat roster has become in the clearing of salary cap space.

Chicago has a strong nucleus of young players, including Derrick Rose(notes) and Joakim Noah(notes), who with Wade and James would instantly turn the Bulls into a championship contender.

Without Wade leaving Miami to join James elsewhere, league sources believe that the two players are most likely to re-sign with their respective teams, Miami and Cleveland. Still, Wade and Bosh are closely connected, and even without James, Wade is considering a Chicago partnership with Bosh. With $29.9 million in cap space, Chicago could give two different players a five-year, $87.6 million contract.

Sources say Chicago has a proposed trade of Luol Deng(notes) looming for what’s described as a “center” that could help to clear more space. The Bulls could also ship young forward James Johnson(notes) to get more room.

The Bulls must make a strong case to James on Saturday to get him to take what would be $30 million less than the Cavaliers could offer. Sources say one team that all but eliminated itself with James in the presentation process was the New York Knicks. James met with the organization on Friday and his inner circle has described New York’s presentation as lacking preparedness and organization. James’ camp also found it to be redundant to much of the New Jersey Nets’ far sharper, edgier presentation on James’ earning power.

James hasn’t been convinced that he can overcome the $30 million difference between possible Cleveland and New York offers through endorsements and other streams of revenue. However, Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov’s vision of bulking up James’ international portfolio did resonate with him, and the Nets’ vision of using Brooklyn and the owner’s international muscle does appeal to him.

Sources say James is dubious his mere presence on the Knicks will be worth that much more to him in endorsements. The appearance of Knicks GM Donnie Walsh in a wheelchair due to a neck problem and the frumpy, unimpressive Jim Dolan didn’t provide James with an image of vibrancy.

Wade not ready to commit to Bulls - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

My sources are saying the Cavs are in talks with Toronto for a sign and trade with Bosh. Of course the plan is to sign LeBron first, then recruit Bosh. The difference between the Cavs position and others, they can also take bad contracts from Raptors to aid rebuilding effort. Heat, Bulls can't.

The HEAT have gone from the chance to keep THEIR guy AND getting Lebron and Both to be left out completely....scary times in Miami.

Well, you may get the chance to feel like a Clipper's fan. Miami without Wade is about that.

When all is said and done, Wade will still be in Miami, as will most of these vaunted FA's. Their egos will not let them accept anything less than max contracts.

Well, you may get the chance to feel like a Clipper's fan. Miami without Wade is about that.

When all is said and done, Wade will still be in Miami, as will most of these vaunted FA's. Their egos will not let them accept anything less than max contracts.
Yeah. I don't see the whole Lebron, D-Wade, Bosh thing happening. You'd have 2 guys who average 28 PPG playing together. That won't work. You only get to average 28 PPG by taking a ton of shots. Put these guys together and someone is going to be left scoring only 12-13 PPG. Only the Celtics have been able to blend in all those stars together and still win. More power to them, but I don't think it'll work elsewhere.

Yeah. I don't see the whole Lebron, D-Wade, Bosh thing happening. You'd have 2 guys who average 28 PPG playing together. That won't work. You only get to average 28 PPG by taking a ton of shots. Put these guys together and someone is going to be left scoring only 12-13 PPG. Only the Celtics have been able to blend in all those stars together and still win. More power to them, but I don't think it'll work elsewhere.

Again, the egos of these players will keep this from happening. At least not Wade and LeBron. BTW, who's going to take the smaller paycheck? Rings? Naw, this is all about the money. I guess I'm saying I agree here, Anders.

Again, the egos of these players will keep this from happening. At least not Wade and LeBron. BTW, who's going to take the smaller paycheck? Rings? Naw, this is all about the money. I guess I'm saying I agree here, Anders.

I think the Wade issue is no longer about championships and money and more about the psycho bitch he was married to and his boys and what is best for his family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)