2010 NBA Free Agency Thread

Wade and Bosh JUST CAME on ESPN and stated they are officially coming to Miami. Right now, I am very excited of the news...but I wanna see signed contracts before I am utterly thrilled.

EDIT: ....AND they stated in the interview that were and WOULD take LESS MONEY!! AND Reilly WILL coach(atleast to start with)......WOW!!

That was NOT said. Matter of fact Wade spoke very highly of his current head coach.

With Wade and Bosh pretty much confirming they'll be in Miami, and LeBron announcing what he'll do tomorrow, the Big Three free agency dominoes only needed a week to figure things out.

How many of you had the timetable correct?

With Wade and Bosh pretty much confirming they'll be in Miami, and LeBron announcing what he'll do tomorrow, the Big Three free agency dominoes only needed a week to figure things out.

How many of you had the timetable correct?

I had a strange feeling it ALL depended on Bosh more than anything else. IF Bosh had not stressed to Wade he wanted to play with him on the HEAT, I am 100% sure he would have signed with Chicago. He even said that he had to leave Chicago, but NOT GO to Miami to maek the decision he had to make.

Talk about the roller coaster down here....we have gone from thinking of POSSIBLY getting the NEW 'big three'...to POSSIBLY LOSING Wade....to possibly ACTUALLY getting the Big three.....

...talk about crazy....

Wow Miami is making Cleveland look like a Ghost Town now with the Big 2 and soon to be Big 3? Aha

WOW!!!

Talk about getting luckIER.... for the HEAT...??!!
Salary cap set higher than expected....

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA salary cap for next season was set Wednesday at $58.04 million, a higher number than projected that could help Miami fill out a roster around Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and perhaps even LeBron James.

The cap goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Thursday, ending the league's moratorium period and allowing free agent contracts to be signed.

It's a slight increase from this season's $57.7 million cap, a surprise for teams considering what they were bracing for last summer.

Teams were warned in a memo last July that the economic crisis could send the cap spiraling to somewhere between $50.4 million to $53.6 million, some $10 million below what teams were once anticipating.

Apparently, the league underestimated its revenues.

Commissioner David Stern said in April the league was projecting the cap to come in at $56.1, a result of creative work by teams in selling tickets and sponsorships that drove up revenues, and the number announced Wednesday even surpassed that.

NBA salary cap set at $58 million, higher than expected - NBA - SI.com

I had a strange feeling it ALL depended on Bosh more than anything else. IF Bosh had not stressed to Wade he wanted to play with him on the HEAT, I am 100% sure he would have signed with Chicago. He even said that he had to leave Chicago, but NOT GO to Miami to maek the decision he had to make.

Talk about the roller coaster down here....we have gone from thinking of POSSIBLY getting the NEW 'big three'...to POSSIBLY LOSING Wade....to possibly ACTUALLY getting the Big three.....

...talk about crazy....

You don't know crazy. Imagine the emotion coming out of C-Town right now!

WOW!!!

Talk about getting luckIER.... for the HEAT...??!!
Salary cap set higher than expected....

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA salary cap for next season was set Wednesday at $58.04 million, a higher number than projected that could help Miami fill out a roster around Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and perhaps even LeBron James.

The cap goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Thursday, ending the league's moratorium period and allowing free agent contracts to be signed.

It's a slight increase from this season's $57.7 million cap, a surprise for teams considering what they were bracing for last summer.

Teams were warned in a memo last July that the economic crisis could send the cap spiraling to somewhere between $50.4 million to $53.6 million, some $10 million below what teams were once anticipating.

Apparently, the league underestimated its revenues.

Commissioner David Stern said in April the league was projecting the cap to come in at $56.1, a result of creative work by teams in selling tickets and sponsorships that drove up revenues, and the number announced Wednesday even surpassed that.

NBA salary cap set at $58 million, higher than expected - NBA - SI.com

I smell a conspiracy! Two million higher in THIS economy!?

Yeah. I'm not impressed by J. O'neal

I agree, but I guess they had to do something with Perkins missing the start of the season, and Wallace gone.

I would rather that they signed Shaq for the short term. Oh well..........

What do you think will happen with David Lee?

Does he stay with the Knicks and form a capable duo with Amare?

What team would he fit well with?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)