2010 NCAA Football Season

Oregon jumping Boise St was going to happen. BoiseSt only played one great team and that was VT, they have nobody left to play.

I wouldn't even call VT a great team. They may turn it around and have a good season but IMO they shouldn't be classified as a great team.

I wouldn't even call VT a great team. They may turn it around and have a good season but IMO they shouldn't be classified as a great team.
Greatness is in the eyes of the beholder...and sometimes the blind. :D

Amazing that Alabama does not get ALL the 1st place votes. LMAO!
I agree. What team below them could beat them on a neutral field?

They have reloaded pretty good every year, always had a very hard strength of schedule. They slipped up once right after the BSU game, it happens just like the Michigan game a few years ago. They play with alot of heart and end up coming out on top every year. I may be a fan and no I'm not blind, but they are a great team and the only one so far or that BSU will end up playing this year.

The guy is, its amazing seeing him kick it in to a second gear when he is running, that last drive they had was all him and drove them down in under a minute, very special college football player. Next week MSU! Go Blue!

He IS your Offense, stop him and there is no one else.

meathead76 said:
I can't wait for the new polls to come out

I'm sure Florida will fall far :rolleyes:
yeah right Arkansas lost to Bama by 4 and dropped 5 spots
FU got killed and probably drops 1 or 2 spots :rolleyes:

as for the east it's South Carolina's to lose this year

Kentucky- well they're Kentucky
Vanderbilt- still Vandy
Tennessee- a mess
Georgia a trainwreck this year
Florida- they have at least 2 more losses coming

You played them at home.

The rest of your post is just diarrhea.

They have reloaded pretty good every year, always had a very hard strength of schedule. They slipped up once right after the BSU game, it happens just like the Michigan game a few years ago. They play with alot of heart and end up coming out on top every year. I may be a fan and no I'm not blind, but they are a great team and the only one so far or that BSU will end up playing this year.

Are you saying that Va Tech is better than Bama ?

IF Vegas looked at that game , Bama would be favored by 21 points.

Great teams don't slip up on a letdown game. ;)

Being a fan does make you blind but that also means you won't see it. ;)

Amazing that Alabama does not get ALL the 1st place votes. LMAO!

I can see OSU getting some 1st place votes, but BSU? Come on now, that is pretty much of a slap to schools that play real schedules, from what I see. That is why I have no faith in those polls and if the BCS insists on using the polls for input on total rankings, at least who voted how should be public record.

Also, since the conference schedules are just starting for most of the majors now, I can see the top 25 computer rankings churning teams around for the rest of the season. A few in the Top 25 will be in the Top 100 at the end of the season, and from what I have seen (been out of town a lot lately, but still been watching the games as much as I can), there are some teams that should be in Top 25 that are not. Case in point, as much as I do not like RR, glad to see Michigan finally being recognized.

I can see OSU getting some 1st place votes, but BSU? Come on now, that is pretty much of a slap to schools that play real schedules, from what I see. That is why I have no faith in those polls and if the BCS insists on using the polls for input on total rankings, at least who voted how should be public record.

Also, since the conference schedules are just starting for most of the majors now, I can see the top 25 computer rankings churning teams around for the rest of the season. A few in the Top 25 will be in the Top 100 at the end of the season, and from what I have seen (been out of town a lot lately, but still been watching the games as much as I can), there are some teams that should be in Top 25 that are not. Case in point, as much as I do not like RR, glad to see Michigan finally being recognized.

I CAN'T .... At least this week.
They played one of those , lets get out of here games, hopefully we won't see another game like that the rest of the year.

They played very lackluster, Pryor got hurt and it was obvious that Bouserman (back up qb)cannot run the show as the back up, had Pryor not come back they would have lost.

My buddy and I while watching the 2nd half kept wondering why they never threw the ball in the second half, particularly on 3rd and long.

Found out Pryor was hurt worse than they thought.
Also, Tressel's explanation that it was too WINDY to pass doesn't bode well with me. He says he'd rather play in the rain than the wind, which is fine, but a top ranked team should also be able to blow holes in the D's line and that didn't happen till late in the game.

Very disappointed with thier performance Saturday.

Well the Sooners were trying hard to throw it away at the end, but Texas let'em slide on the dropped punt. Texas looking at 3 straight losses now as Nebraska will pummel them next week.

Looks like my Pokes can put a damper on everyone's OU/Nebraska Big 12 title game hopes. Sooners and Huskers both have to come to Stillwater, but having gone to many OU/Neb games growing up, I would love to see one more battle in that great rivalry.
Sooners and Cowboys play the last week of the season. Both could still be undefeated and in the top 5 of the BCS when they play. I like the Sooners, but they don't have a "killer instinct" this year, even if they are 5-0. If they let the Cowboys hang around until the end of the game, the Cowboys will win.

tmi.gif
Icongeauxtigers.png
cope.gif
:D

typical SEC home cooking for the favorites. Nonsense ending. Tennessee was robbed!

typical SEC home cooking for the favorites. Nonsense ending. Tennessee was robbed!
I'll be the first one to admit LSU was lucky as hell to win that game, but you can't say Tennessee was robbed ... they just made a costly mistake... and did it while LSU was making one themselves that would've cost them the game otherwise. And Tennessee didn't "own" that game like a couple people on here have said. LSU doubled Tennessee in stats, but 4 turnovers and dumb penalties made a game out of it (like all their games this year). If anything, Tennessee robbed themselves. As far as home-cooking, maybe that PI call during the last LSU drive could've gone either way, but no way you can call home-cooking on the final play. 13 men on the field will get you a flag every time. This was one case where the opponent's coaches out-dumbed LSU's. ;)

The LSU QB situation the last few years has been a nightmare, and Miles can't seem to do anything about it. Every game so far has been a challenge. I was happy to see Jarrett Lee play as well as he did, he's the best of LSU's QBs (which isn't saying a lot). Hopefully he will start next week when the meat of the SEC in the Tigers' schedule begins. One thing's for certain, if LSU can't get a handle on their QB situation, even luck won't help them from here on out. :)

Icongeauxtigers.png

Last edited:
Well, I never thought we'd see a 5-0 Michigan team playing a 5-0 Michigan State team this season. Anyway, while I am hugely disappointed with Michigan's defense...Denard Robinson is a one-man highlight reel. This should be a fun game for the casual observer, and I predict 80+ points will be scored and both teams will rack-up 600 yards in offense. We shall see...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts