2010 NCAA Football Season

wow I guess we know who controls the SEC east. The Ol Ball Coach, certainly somewhere he has been before.

Hats off to the tigers, that was one hell of a game and Yea FLA does suck that bad this year. (Ok we lost to two good teams, and beat everyone we were suppose to but still) Hopefully we can finish the season off with just one more loss, 3 loss will still get us in a bowl game (capital one) probably which would be good cause I can go!

Who is that 1 more loss from? Well we got miss state, GA the next two games which we should win. Then South Carolina which we may very well lose, then App State which we should win big, and a game that really worries me and could make us lose 4 those year is against FSU.. Now I could lose to App state and feel better then if we lose to FSU.. But I am glad this rivalry will really mean something this year, as FSU is MUCH improved and FLA is MUCH down. So we will see..

Interesting the SEC has 7 8 9 10 and 12th and of course 22nd.....

And each of those teams still have to play another member who is ranked. So it could get ugly for SEC in the rankings this year as someone has to lose.

Can I talk about FSU a min. I said in the start of this thread they looked really good this year and although they got stomped by OK, we have learned that OK is not a slouch team. It also was a home game for them, and they haven't lost at home in a bit.. So look out for FSU come bowl time.

Interesting the SEC has 7 8 9 10 and 12th and of course 22nd.....

And each of those teams still have to play another member who is ranked. So it could get ugly for SEC in the rankings this year as someone has to lose.

Which is why we keep talking about how brutal the SEC schedule is of course.

And this comment will set of discussion I imagine.:D

Can I talk about FSU a min. I said in the start of this thread they looked really good this year and although they got stomped by OK, we have learned that OK is not a slouch team. It also was a home game for them, and they haven't lost at home in a bit.. So look out for FSU come bowl time.

I find the polls VERY interesting. Miami was ranked 13 or 14 in either of the top 25. With their loss last night, BOTH polls completed dropped them out of their top 25. I know they DESERVED to be dropped at least 5- 7 notches due to their last nights ass whippin....but dropp 11 or 12 notches completely out of the top 25? It's not like Vatech losing to James Madison at home....Miami DID lose to a top 25 team. IF that was the case, why didn't Alabama drop completely out of the top 10....or Florida State jump UP 11 or 12 spots into the top 10....?:rant:

Then there are 8 morons that gave Boise State 8.....EIGHT 1st place votes...??!! Are you kidding me? I mean I can see Oregon getting a few 1st place and Ohio State should be #1....but really, do these guys AT LEAST have a cup of coffee and wipe the gook out of their eyes before they vote?:confused:

Good game between South Carolina and Bama! South Carolina playing pretty strong right now, leading the Tide 21-14 with 5:00 left in the third and driving.

The most impressive part of that game is when SC started off so bad in the 3rd quarter and not only held it together, but came back to dominate. I've never liked Spurrier, but he deserves a lot of credit for this one.

Now, I'll have to make an even greater effort to avoid Holtz for the next week also.

What about MSU's win last week against #11 Wisconson? They also had a good win against ND but it seems like most teams are having good wins against ND this year.

Wisconsin may have been rated 11 at the time, but they have fallen in latest poll and like Alabama, even good teams lose once in a while. I'll take Iowa and PS over MSU any day. If Purdue can get healthy, they better hang on for that one, too, as it could get very interesting.

ND has had no good wins this season, Kelly has his hands full there and may or may not be able to make them more that just another used-to-be in the future. NBC's hype notwithstanding, a win against ND is pretty meaningless at this time.

College Football - Rankings - Rivals.com

New ones are out. We dropped to 8, not a shock there. Still in it, but Boise and TCU being ahead of us worries me....TCU has two losable games, but who knows. Boise...well.

Wouldnt that matchup for NC be a letdown?

I would think that it would be a scream, TCU vs. BSu for the NC. The low ratings of that game would be enough for the BcS to be finally overhauled, one would hope.

Nah, the stations that carry that game would never let that happen.

Nope, not until next Sunday. That should be interesting, as the "human polls" are a lot less objective than the computer polls are and they are both in there.

And the computer polls will show Ohio State far from #1. In fact, the Sagarin Computer rankings show them 15th. By any standards, Oregon has earned the #1 ranking right now. Ohio State's ranking is based on very subjective rankings for the Big 10 teams who never play anything resembling a competitive out of conference The entire Big 10 has one "signature win" and that's the OSU-Miami game even which has since lost some luster. Other than that, the only games against anything resembling competitive teams is Iowa losing to Arizona and Wisconsin squeaking by Arizona State. Then you have Illinois which lost to OSU 24-13 AND to Missouri 23-13 and no one is clamoring for Missouri to be #1 even though they are also undefeated. Add to that Purdue losing to Toledo who was beaten by Wyoming (a MWC team that most of you keep dismissing) and trounced by Boise. Oregon State's win over Arizona will further bolster Boise and TCU in the computer rankings.

When you consider these factors objectively, there is no way you can justify OSU being ranked over Oregon, or even TCU, Boise and Oklahoma who has played the toughest schedule of any of the ranked teams. Jury is still out on Nebraska since they've had a soft schedule also with the exception of Washington who is lower rung Pac-10 at this point.

I realize most of you are in the East and see few of the games in the West since they are on very late often. But you need to realize the power this year is in the west and any comparison of schedules and results will show that. The other thing is the gap between the haves and the have-nots has been shrinking every year. Even the SEC is showing some chinks in the armor.

By the way, I have no dog in this fight as I'm a CU fan and even the top 50 for us is a stretch right now. I am an Air Force fan also, and even though they can play with anyone right now they will never be in the title picture. If you think this is prejudice against the Big Ten, I grew up in Minnesota and still follow the gophers and remember when the Big Ten was THE conference. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.

And the computer polls will show Ohio State far from #1. In fact, the Sagarin Computer rankings show them 15th. By any standards, Oregon has earned the #1 ranking right now. Ohio State's ranking is based on very subjective rankings for the Big 10 teams who never play anything resembling a competitive out of conference The entire Big 10 has one "signature win" and that's the OSU-Miami game even which has since lost some luster. Other than that, the only games against anything resembling competitive teams is Iowa losing to Arizona and Wisconsin squeaking by Arizona State. Then you have Illinois which lost to OSU 24-13 AND to Missouri 23-13 and no one is clamoring for Missouri to be #1 even though they are also undefeated. Add to that Purdue losing to Toledo who was beaten by Wyoming (a MWC team that most of you keep dismissing) and trounced by Boise. Oregon State's win over Arizona will further bolster Boise and TCU in the computer rankings.

When you consider these factors objectively, there is no way you can justify OSU being ranked over Oregon, or even TCU, Boise and Oklahoma who has played the toughest schedule of any of the ranked teams. Jury is still out on Nebraska since they've had a soft schedule also with the exception of Washington who is lower rung Pac-10 at this point.

I realize most of you are in the East and see few of the games in the West since they are on very late often. But you need to realize the power this year is in the west and any comparison of schedules and results will show that. The other thing is the gap between the haves and the have-nots has been shrinking every year. Even the SEC is showing some chinks in the armor.

By the way, I have no dog in this fight as I'm a CU fan and even the top 50 for us is a stretch right now. I am an Air Force fan also, and even though they can play with anyone right now they will never be in the title picture. If you think this is prejudice against the Big Ten, I grew up in Minnesota and still follow the gophers and remember when the Big Ten was THE conference. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.

Penn State also played at (and lost to) Alabama.

You make fair points, but the bottom line is if OSU keeps winning, their computer rankings will rise and by the end of the year they will be in the national championship game.

Sandra

Penn State also played at (and lost to) Alabama.

You make fair points, but the bottom line is if OSU keeps winning, their computer rankings will rise and by the end of the year they will be in the national championship game.

Sandra

Could be interesting if OSU does run the table and both Oregon and Big 12 winner stay unbeaten. The Bucks could be on the outside looking in.

Could be interesting if OSU does run the table and both Oregon and Big 12 winner stay unbeaten. The Bucks could be on the outside looking in.

Take it for what it's worth...but if a team goes undefeated in the Big Ten, they will NEVER leave that team out. There is alot of talk of the SEC getting favoritism, but NO conference gets more air time than the Big 10....when it comes to football. When it comes to basketball, it's the ACC. It goes in cycles....

...it is what it is....

There are always a boat load of IFS this time of year. A lot of them get sorted out by the end of the season.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)