2010 NCAA Football Season

Worry about Colorado, they had 6 or 7 starting lineman out last year with injuries.:D You'll know more aftere the Buffs play at the Golden Bears this week.
Eastern prejudice=Boise State doesn't play anybody and they aren't in that good of a conference. The last argument I heard like that was about Kansas State. They were the number one worst college football team, the first 100 years. A funny thing happened. They hired a coach named Bill Snyder, who was commited. He was in a tough conference, so he scheduled easy schools for non conference games. The press complained about him scheduling easy non-conference foes. Nobody made the same argument for Ohio State, Wisconsin, Alabama, Virginia Tech, Maryland or any other power conference team East of the Mississippi.:D

Yeah well Georgia has been short on Linemen the previous two years. As for Bill Snyder, How many National Titles did he win? Look at his Bowl Record. Then go look at Mark Richt. In half the amount of time he is catching him in Wins. Sorry but Bill Snyder doesn't impress me.

Yeah well Georgia has been short on Linemen the previous two years. As for Bill Snyder, How many National Titles did he win? Look at his Bowl Record. Then go look at Mark Richt. In half the amount of time he is catching him in Wins. Sorry but Bill Snyder doesn't impress me.

I think he went to 11 straight bowls at a school that had the worst record in college football over 100 years, in an geographical area of no football interest, low population at a school that is over a hundred miles from any city.:D

Good point, but man I love watching Salasa flip out. Plus I HATE the canes. I dont like the Seminoles either but was least Bowden tried to run a classy program (even though they had a few incidents) At least bowden stepped up and took care of them. Miami just seems to want to recruit any thug they can find that can play and dont care how they are off the field/.

Good point, but man I love watching Salasa flip out. Plus I HATE the canes. I dont like the Seminoles either but was least Bowden tried to run a classy program (even though they had a few incidents) At least bowden stepped up and took care of them. Miami just seems to want to recruit any thug they can find that can play and dont care how thGlass houses?ey are off the field/.

From one to 24: Florida Gators database on legal troubles – Swamp Things – Gators Blog – Orlando Sentinel

Glass houses? ;) We all have our faults.

If Boise State wanted to make a move to get included in the BCS ratings, they should have moved to a conference that already HAS a BCS contract.

The system is what it is. If the Pac-10 ever extended an invite to Boise State, they would slobber all over themselves and jump at the chance to join.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. The Boise DMA adds nothing to the Pac-10 footprint, seeing as how they already have Spokane locked up (with WSU).

Yes, if they were in the Pac-10, they would not be going 13-0 every year. But sometimes it's better to be the big fish in a little pond. Everyone in the Western USA knows who they are now, and it has very little to do with their home turf's unique color.

Those charges most of which were dismissed are slaps on the wrist compared to the things hurricane players have been charged with. Not to mention their fans, Did you see the fight at the A&M Game?
These are nothing compared to what happened this summer at UGA. :D

I imagine y'all got the red panties ready for this year's cocktail party.

Let's just see what happens after Notre Dame forces Robinson to throw down field. I'm not convinced the kid can do that.
I don't think they'll need to throw the ball much against Notre Dame - just don't make (m)any mistakes (i.e., turn the ball over) and they should win by 10-points. I just don't feel the Irish are very good this year. We shall see. Regardless, after this game I don't see Robinson having to pass under pressure until the Michigan State game. A much larger concern is who will run the offense should Robinson get injured. Certainly not the freshman Gardner...and Forcier is so pouty-faced and not engineered for this offense that I doubt he will be effective.

There are still a lot of question marks on defense which, as history has show, is to atypical of a Michigan football team. They appear to have improved somewhat over the offseason, but should find out this week against Notre Dame. In fact, how their defense performs may be even more important than how their offense performs in South Bend. We shall see...

I think the idea of why they designed the uniforms for the reason I already mentioned was enough to say they didn't sell out, Nike stuff is used already on mostly everything that a player wears anyway since it is good stuff so I don't see them selling out for that reason alone. The 30% drop in weight and how they were designed to fit played out very good!

Why can't they make the CURRENT uniforms the light weight stuff .....
They can, but they want max money to do it.

Why can't they make the CURRENT uniforms the light weight stuff .....
They can, but they want max money to do it.

I'm sure they will if they were asked and someone paid for it, I wouldn't expect Nike to really hand them over but then again with the Nike logo's all over everything they get plenty of advertising.

On another note:

Seven of the preseason top-10 teams played low-level, non-BCS teams in their openers. That mild competition included San Jose State, Marshall, Miami (Ohio), Rice, Utah State, Western Kentucky and Eastern Illinois.
The Hokies, however, for the fourth time in seven seasons, played a top-five opponent in one of their first two games. They've lost all four, throwing their own national title aspirations into doubt, while catapulting their opponent to big things.
Southern California (2004) won the national title after beating Tech in the opener. LSU (2007) did the same after thumping the Hokies in Week 2. Alabama followed suit last season, hoisting the crystal football after escaping a Tech team that led in the fourth quarter.

Will Boise State be the fourth eventual national champion in seven years to kick off its run by breaking the Hokies' hearts?

Beamer's team was agonizingly close to reversing that trend against the Broncos. Tech stormed back from a 17-0 deficit and led until the final 1:09, when Boise's standout quarterback, Kellen Moore, orchestrated the decisive drive.
That grabbed the headlines, but it wasn't the story of the game. Not for the Hokies, anyway. After the first quarter, and before that final drive, Tech outscored the Broncos 30-9. They dominated during stretches.

Quarterback Tyrod Taylor sparkled, completing 15 of 22 passes for 186 yards and two touchdowns and rushing for 81 yards on 13 carries - excluding a trio of sacks. The defense forced two critical fumbles that led to Tech touchdowns. The Hokies, in that stretch, looked like national title contenders

And this that really ticked off alot of fans:

It should be noted that Tech was originally scheduled to play Boise State on Oct. 2 but moved the game at ESPN's request - and for a $2.35 million payday. Only time will tell if it was worth it.

And now, in another scheduling twist, by moving up the Boise date, Tech has left itself only four days to prepare for JMU. Taylor said what the Hokies need is "seniors taking control of the locker room, making sure everybody's on the same page, and go out there and work hard in practice."
The good news for Tech is it has seen this movie before, and the Hokies know there can be a happy ending. Early loss, strong finish, 10-plus wins and maybe an ACC championship along the way. That's been the story line for six years now.
But these Hokies were hoping for much more. Their dreams are now derailed by little more than zealous scheduling and typical first-game hiccups that hurt Tech more than Boise State.
"It was an opportunity missed," Taylor said. "But I believe that we beat ourselves. It wasn't anything (Boise) did to beat us.

Great write up, this guy covered damn near all of it!!
For Virginia Tech, national gain brings national pain | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

A big positive for the Hokies is that it was the first game of the season and they didn't drop far in the polls. They'll have a chance to climb back into the thick of things, maybe even the BCSCG. Anything can happen (like LSU and tOSU in 2007).

Exactly another way to look at it, I predict VT to be around #7 by time they play Central Michigan Oct 9th. Alot of football left to play, I don't think a undefeated team will win the National championship - but I think the main thing that concerns VT fans is to win the ACC and to beat UVA at all costs :D

I'm sure you yourself being a LSU fan can thank VT for the nice boost back in 2007 - The BCS computer gave VT the #2 spot yet the voters saw the win over VT and threw LSU in there... I pulled for LSU in that game against OSU glad they won!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)