2010 NCAA Football Season

Being a leader and a much better QB is two different items in my opinion. You can be a great leader on the field as a QB without the ability to throw a great pass. Just look at Tebow. He was a great leader and just an OK QB. BTW, I don't think that Prior is either of them. He is an OK QB and leader and that is all.

Just an "ok" QB? Have you been watching him start for denver these last couple games?

Hopefully tomorrow will be the end of the Rich Rod "error"

Was up your way before Christmas and sincerely hope that RR doesn't go out on the streets when/if UM loses to Miss State. :) Hmmmm.... beings as their is a "lynch mob" following for him in the area that I was in, I don't think I would go out on the streets there, even if they somehow win (which I sincerely doubt they will.)

While playing for FL he was an OK QB. His leadership is where he shinned in school. And no why would I compare what he is like in the pros. We are talking about collage players in this thread. You could say the same thing about Tom Brady. He was not a great collage QB but has changed once he hit the pros. So you would call Brady a great collage QB just because of what he has done in the pros?

While playing for FL he was an OK QB. His leadership is where he shinned in school. And no why would I compare what he is like in the pros. We are talking about collage players in this thread. You could say the same thing about Tom Brady. He was not a great collage QB but has changed once he hit the pros. So you would call Brady a great collage QB just because of what he has done in the pros?

Well in College Tebow was a GREAT qb. His passing stats, rushing stats, completion % etc all speak for themselves weather you go by simple stats or his overall impact on the game he plays in. There is no doubt he was a GREAT QB in college, The doubt was would he be good in the pros with his style of play. And so far, he has done well.

Well in College Tebow was a GREAT qb. His passing stats, rushing stats, completion % etc all speak for themselves weather you go by simple stats or his overall impact on the game he plays in. There is no doubt he was a GREAT QB in college, The doubt was would he be good in the pros with his style of play. And so far, he has done well.

So with what you are saying with his stats, Pryor was a great QB this year as their stats were comparable. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

I will not disagree that Tebow was a great collage player as he had a huge impact on the game but as a pure QB, not so much.

So with what you are saying with his stats, Pryor was a great QB this year as their stats were comparable. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

I will not disagree that Tebow was a great collage player as he had a huge impact on the game but as a pure QB, not so much.

What is a "Pure QB" ? Was he traditional? Certainly not. But the system ran with him was extremely effective, and he ran it great.

and how does his stats compare to Pryor? Tebows career stats he had 9285 Yards, and 88 touchdowns. Pryor has 5956 yards with 55 TDS.. He would have to have a record setting senior year to catch Tebow. Not only that Tebow never had a passer rating below 160.. Pryor has not had one ABOVE it. In fact Tebows lowest was 164, his highest 201. The other two seasons were 172 each.. Pryors lowest was 128 (just last year!) this year was his highest at 157..

Now if you were to compare Tebow to say Cam Newton, or Sam Bradford, or Colt Mccoy (other QBs at his level) He fairs not as good but still goes toe to toe with each of them.

Then what are you talking about? Because even tebows last season stats are better then this seasons stats for pryor and tht was one of tebows worst years. Which I mentioned above already.

Pryor is a good qb no doubt but he is nowhere on the level with tebow. Bradford. Mccoy. Newton etc in the top 20 of the last 4 years? Perhaps top ten maybe not.

I agree with Jag, more that you on this one.
Tebow in College, I found to be a great leader and a very good QB, but not great, you never knew for sure with him passing.
That said, Pryor is no where near the QB that Tebow was.

In my eyes, Pryor I don't think will be a GREAT QB in his Sr year, when he came on board, people thought he would be Vince Young in his Sr season as a freshman.
Remember, VY was not a great QB either, his years before his SR year were nothing spectacular.

Unfortunately, Pryor had all these expectations thrown on him right out of the gate, some his own doing, most media created.

Edit:
Where are you coming up with QB passer ratings in COLLEGE, I didn't know they even had them, this is the first I have heard of them in all my time as a college football fan, is this NEW ?

Last edited:
Insider,
You put Newton in Tebows category ?
Newton has only played THIS year, nothing the previous years.
For all we know he's a one year wonder.
I had a strong dislike for Tebow myself, and I wouldn't put Newton in the same category yet. If Newton wins the championship game and returns to Auburn, then puts up similar stats to this season, you can put him in the same category.

Insider,
You put Newton in Tebows category ?
Newton has only played THIS year, nothing the previous years.
For all we know he's a one year wonder.

I had a strong dislike for Tebow myself, and I wouldn't put Newton in the same category yet. If Newton wins the championship game and returns to Auburn, then puts up similar stats to this season, you can put him in the same category.

WHAT, we AGREE ?????

Now there's a first, look what the New Year brings !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)