2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

BTW, the last time both #3 seeds got out of the first round- 2002.

Since 2003, at least one #6 seed has beaten the #3- except for 2007, a #6 seed has made the Conference Finals each time.

For all I've heard about Boston scoring the fewest goals in the league... they were #2 in goals against.

THAT is a big reason why they are up 3-1.

The Garden (and I :eek:) needs a breather after the last three nights (Bruins Monday and tonight, Celtics last night).

All that and the Sox have their second straight walkoff win tonight at Fenway, a new course record at the Boston Marathon on Monday and I'm gearing up for the Patriots draft tomorrow (4 picks in the first two rounds).

I'm exhausted...............................

No, they're not.........let's not forget if it goes 7 games, 2 of the 3 will be in Buffalo.

Bill,

I'd have to say the Sabres are DONE, not that I want them to be. BTW the Penalty called for Goaltender interference that resulted in Bostons First Goal was RIDICULOUS (lamest Call in all of the Playoff games this season). McCormick was double teamed and Hauled down, which caused him to slide into the NET missing the GOALIE ALTOGETHER and the Boston Defenseman hit RASK. OOOh and that Boarding call on Kaletta was LAME as well. The Boston Player was 4 feet from the boards, and fell awkwardly resulting in a Call.

In the end it was Buffalo's lack of being able to finish a scoring opportunity, that was the final Nail in their coffin.

John

Bill,

I'd have to say the Sabres are DONE, not that I want them to be. BTW the Penalty called for Goaltender interference that resulted in Bostons First Goal was RIDICULOUS (lamest Call in all of the Playoff games this season). McCormick was double teamed and Hauled down, which caused him to slide into the NET missing the GOALIE ALTOGETHER and the Boston Defenseman hit RASK. OOOh and that Boarding call on Kaletta was LAME as well. The Boston Player was 4 feet from the boards, and fell awkwardly resulting in a Call.

In the end it was Buffalo's lack of being able to finish a scoring opportunity, that was the final Nail in their coffin.

John

There was one similar to that in the Wings / Coyotes series that went against the Wings, it was just as bad.

Both Ottawa and New Jersey are facing elimination this evening. I think Jersey will win at home against Philly and Ottawa will soon be taking-up golf after getting rolled by Pittsburgh. Chicago is facing a "must win" game tonight being down 2-1 and on the road at Nashville - this should be a great game! In fact, I wish the CHI-NAS game were on Versus instead of the Pens-Sens. Also, Colorado at San Jose should be a good one as the series is tied-up at 2-2.

Thursday's Playoff Games

Philadelphia at New Jersey- 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT (Flyers lead series, 3-1)

Ottawa at Pittsburgh- 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT (Pens lead series, 3-1) Versus/Versus-HD

Chicago at Nashville- 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT (Predators lead series, 2-1) Versus/Versus-HD (joined in progress @ approx 9:30 ET/6:30 PT)

Colorado at San Jose- 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT (series tied 2-2) Versus/Versus-HD (joined in progress @ approx 11 ET/8 PT)

Wow! Philly is up 3-0 after two periods and getting ready to bounce the Devils in 5 games. The flyers were lucky to make the playoffs with how they closed their season - I never saw this one coming. Ottawa is hanging tough and it's all tied-up at 2-2 after the 2nd. It's beginning to look like several Eastern Conference teams will get a rest while the Western Conference teams battle into games 6 and 7.

The Flyers are living proof that there is no such things as slumping into the playoffs.

They were the coldest team down the stretch, but they now look like world-beaters.

It doesn't matter how you get into the playoffs- just make it in.

Is this game on TV anywhere ?

VS has the Av's game ......
Would be nice if VS had multiple channels to show games that are on at same time.
VS showed the entire game but would tune into other games during intermission. I think VS was scheduled to show the Ottawa-Pittsburgh game and then the conclusion of Chicago-Nashville followed by Colorado-San Jose.

Friday's Playoff Schedule

Montreal at Washington- 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT (Caps lead series, 3-1) Versus/Versus-HD

Boston at Buffalo- 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT (Bruins lead series, 3-1)

Los Angeles at Vancouver- 10:00pm ET/7:00pm PT (Series tied, 2-2)

Detroit at Phoenix- 10:00pm ET/7:00pm PT (Series tied, 2-2) Versus/Versus-HD

BTW, great triple-overtime win last night by Ottawa!

Anyway, Washington should close-out their series with Montreal...although I am secretly pulling for the Canadiens. Will the surving Boston Bruins (or Bumble Bees as my daugher calls them) close-out their series or will Buffalo dig deep for a home ice win? LA at Vancouver has been an exciting series, but I think the Canucks will take care of business tonight.

It's time to face off!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts