2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

BTW, great triple-overtime win last night by Ottawa!

Anyway, Washington should close-out their series with Montreal...although I am secretly pulling for the Canadiens. Will the surving Boston Bruins (or Bumble Bees as my daugher calls them) close-out their series or will Buffalo dig deep for a home ice win? LA at Vancouver has been an exciting series, but I think the Canucks will take care of business tonight.

It's time to face off!!

It's hard to believe that it's STILL only the first round, with how intense most of these games have been!! :)

My predicted winners tonight:

Caps close out Habs

Sabres live for another today

Wings regain HIA from Coyotes

Canucks push the Kings to the brink of elimination

My predicted winners tonight:

Caps close out Habs

Sabres live for another today

Wings regain HIA from Coyotes

Canucks push the Kings to the brink of elimination
The Sabres are taking care of business against the Bruins with 4-1 lead with only seconds remaining the 3rd period. However, Montreal is leading Washington 2-1 with 5-minutes to play. I'm hoping you're correct about your Wings prediction...for selfish reasons, of course. :)

Wow! A great finish at Washington, but Montreal holds on to win 2-1. The Canadiens played with passion and desperation this evening but still train 3-2 in the series.

Montreal is better off playing the entire series in Washington............they lost two lopsided games at home, and SHOULD have won all three in D.C.

While flipping thru the NHL games tonight, I noticed quite a difference with the VS and the FSN Detroit feeds.
The FSN D feed looks much sharper. :up

While flipping thru the NHL games tonight, I noticed quite a difference with the VS and the FSN Detroit feeds.
The FSN D feed looks much sharper. :up
The FSD looks a little better from where I'm watching, but announcers are so, so, so much better. Are you on D*? I cannot stay the Phoenix ice...it's like they're skating on slush half-way through the period.

The FSD looks a little better from where I'm watching, but announcers are so, so, so much better. Are you on D*? I cannot stay the Phoenix ice...it's like they're skating on slush half-way through the period.

Yes, watching on D*.

And to think it was only 70* out there today and 30 ish for humidity.
Hopefully Wings can win tonight and wrap it up at home on Sunday.
Tuesdays forecast for Phoenix is 93 .... ugh great for making ICE ....

I know Dallas has the same trouble during the playoffs, usually when the Wings would play the Stars it would be end of May or into June when it's 90 + regularly and high humidity to go with it.... thier ICE is always terrible at that time.

Last edited:
Good win for Detroit.

Howard has played better the last two games after he got off to a horrendous start (11 goals allowed in the first three games; 1 goal the last two).

That being said, the Red Wings have to be careful on Sunday.

The hardest game to win in a series is the fourth (never underestimate a desperate opponent), and I would not want to risk going back to the Whiteout for a potential Game 7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)