2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I can't believe what I'm seeing in this afternoon's Red Wings game.

Howard needs to give these guys a chance and keep them in the game.

On the flip side, they can't keep making these mistakes and putting more pressure then needed. Put some damn pucks home! They had their chances.

Looks like there'll be a Game 7 in Phoenix.

I said the Red Wings had to be careful on Sunday, the hardest game to win in a series is the fourth, and that a desperate opponent is always dangerous.

Detroit is used to playing in Game 7's, but not on the road.

(Last time they played a game 7 on the road- 1991 against St. Louis.)

Game 7 on the road in the Phoenix Whiteout... wow.

I said the Red Wings had to be careful on Sunday, the hardest game to win in a series is the fourth, and that a desperate opponent is always dangerous.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Phoenix IS the higher seed in this series.

Wings usually play VERY WELL in Game 7's

I'll still take the playoff experience of Detroit............I don't care if they're playing game 7 on the moon!!

Certainly doesn't guarantee the Wings a win, but I'll take that playoff experience in a game 7 ANY DAY over a "white out".............

I'll still take the playoff experience of Detroit............I don't care if they're playing game 7 on the moon!!

Certainly doesn't guarantee the Wings a win, but I'll take that playoff experience in a game 7 ANY DAY over a "white out".............

I'm not saying the Whiteout will guarantee a win.

What I meant is that if you consider the legal issues the Coyotes have dealt with, the ownership issues, the off-ice turmoil, the low expectations for the team, a coaching chang in the middle of training camp, it's hard to believe that Phoenix will be hosting a Game 7.

Remember, the White Out supports the Red Wings, seeing the Wings are the ones wearing WHITE !!!

I'm not saying the Whiteout will guarantee a win.

What I meant is that if you consider the legal issues the Coyotes have dealt with, the ownership issues, the off-ice turmoil, the low expectations for the team, a coaching chang in the middle of training camp, it's hard to believe that Phoenix will be hosting a Game 7.

Most of what you mentioned doesn't effect the players on the ice anyways.

What is REALLY impressive is that Phoenix is playing this well without thier Captain.
Any word yet as to what is ailing him ?

I think it looks cool, for a few minutes, then it's no big deal, particularly if the road team scores first !

Penn State does it right .....
Fans are in White and the TEAM is in WHITE, imagine that !

Yeah it's a big thing at Penn state, the home team actually wears white.

As someone already said, the whiteout is a tradition that goes back to Winnipeg, has flown south to Phoenix, and has been picked up by a few other teams as well. I didn't think it would work in Phoenix, I thought when the camera panned back the crowd would be 1/3 red for the Wings, but that's not the case. There are Wing fans to be sure, but not enough to change the effect of the white-out.

I do agree it seems kind of odd for the crowd to be wearing the color of the visiting team, but a white-out crowd looks so striking it beats a red-out or blue-out hands down.

Sandra

1- I am happily surprised that the Sharks grew a pair.

2- Sharks $21.5 million line had 1 goal

3-Sharks "Steve Austin" $6 million line won the series.

4- Go Preds and Yotes! Nashville is a 6 hour drive but the fans are great.
Brother lives in Phoenix, I went to their last series in 2002 when Sharks won.

I would have to carry a gun in Detroit or Chicago wearing Teal!
(Sorry Jimbo but downtown DTW is a pit!)

Anybody have any sort of Clue what Alternate Sports Channel the Buffalo vs Bruins game will be carried on? I've searched all of the Alternate and Sports PPV channel listings and have not seen the listing for Western NY Dish Subscribers. I noticed the Buffalo feed is available on Center Ice, but I can by League rules I have to pick up the game on the actual RSN Feed, and not the Center Ice Feed.

Thanks in Advance
John

Hey salsadancer7!

Oregon DISMISSES QB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)