2010 Winter Olympics

Hell of a job by both teams.

(Really feel for Ryan Miller, being a Sabres fan. In the previous 2 hockey tourneys, Ranger goalies won and lost the gold medal games. Now I know how Sandra felt.)

Do they do a MVP of the tournament / game ?

If so I believe it would go to , in my opinion to Ryan Miller even though the US did not win.

Yes, there is a tourney MVP, and it did go to Miller.

There is precedent- at Torino, the tourney MVP was the goalie for the Silver Medalist (Finland's Nittyimaki), so it's not the first time.

The feeling many around us feel is that we just want to turn off the Olympics and not even watch the closing tonight. To see the United States lose the game hurt many here who watched it.

Win or lose, this was an amazing Olympics for the US, and while Vancouver had both its tragedy and hiccups, it was a helluva two weeks. And the investment in Team USA has paid off, with more medals than ever in winter games.

Great game.

I believe Jerome Iginla is the most under rated player in the NHL. Great player who sticks with a franchise that has a boob for a GM.

Interesting game in the NHL Wednesday, Sidney Crosby's Penguins VS Ryan Miller's Sabres.

Great game.

I believe Jerome Iginla is the most under rated player in the NHL. Great player who sticks with a franchise that has a boob for a GM.

Interesting game in the NHL Wednesday, Sidney Crosby's Penguins VS Ryan Miller's Sabres.

I feel differently.
I think Iginlia is OVER rated, he's the only thing they have so they make him out to be next to God. Crosby they feel IS God.

Still does not make it right. The Olympics should not be for the professionals. Just my opinion.
As if there is a such a thing as amatuer sports? How can world class athletes not get paid for what they do? Even though most Americans don't follow Olympic sports outside the Olympics most have regular tours that the athletes compete in every year. These people don't just gather every 4 years to compete, even though that's how NBC makes it seem. If you ban pros then you have to do it for every sport so it will be nothing but teenagers competing, like the Little League World Series.

As if there is a such a thing as amatuer sports? How can world class athletes not get paid for what they do? Even though most Americans don't follow Olympic sports outside the Olympics most have regular tours that the athletes compete in every year. These people don't just gather every 4 years to compete, even though that's how NBC makes it seem. If you ban pros then you have to do it for every sport so it will be nothing but teenagers competing, like the Little League World Series.

I fully understand what you are saying but that does not mean I have to like or agree with it. I personally liked the way the Olympics were prior to the changing of the rules better.

So you would prefer a bunch of people we've never heard of represent our country, and with hockey being such a dismal pastime here, like do that well, outside of aberrations (or 'miracles'). It's not like that was really an all-star game... they were hitting and fighting, and while I haven't watched an NHL all star game, they surely do not match that intensity.

Where do you draw the line?

Sorry Mr. White, you are the best snowborder in the world by a mile, but you are sponsored, so no go for you.

Sorry awesome skater everyone remembers from n years ago, you toured for 3 months, no Olympics for you.

Meanwhile the ratings of the two lowest ranked NBA teams beat the ratings of the unknowns from country A vs the unknowns from country B.

Why do you think it should be the best amateurs from the country, and not the country's best?

Like anders said, there are already events like that, they cited many times during some events 'they won the xyz tournament/event last year'. Nobody has heard of it, and taking the names people that live in those countries know out of the Olypmics just doesn't make sense to me so I am honestly asking why. And then people respond to your comment and you just seem to cross your arms and say 'well just because, it's my opinion' rather than back it up, why?

For those of you saying that this was just like a NHL All Star game, have NEVER watched a NHL All Star game.

The best part of the NHL ASG is the Skills Competition.
The game itself is generally a shootout with NO HITTING and NO Defense.
I generally feel bad for the goalies as they get NO HELP at all.

This was much more like the other number of tournaments that the Canadians and USA have played in hockey that are always very entertaining and a much better brand of hockey.

For those of you saying that this was just like a NHL All Star game, have NEVER watched a NHL All Star game.

Nobody said that the game was like a "NHL" All Star game. My comment was about the teams being full of professional Stars and that is it.

The NHL all star game does not come close as there is no hitting in that game.

I fully understand what you are saying but that does not mean I have to like or agree with it. I personally liked the way the Olympics were prior to the changing of the rules better.

Do you feel the same way about basketball in the Summer Olympics?

Hell of a job by both teams.

(Really feel for Ryan Miller, being a Sabres fan. In the previous 2 hockey tourneys, Ranger goalies won and lost the gold medal games. Now I know how Sandra felt.)

Ryan Miller and the rest of Sabre nation has no reason to hang their head today. The way he played throughout the tournament was absolutely commendable. He represented his country well, despite the loss.

Sorry but I can not get excited about the Hockey coverage one way or the other. I hate that it is just a bunch of pros playing an all star game.

You're actually the one that mentioned the all star game.

I guess after such good games (as someone who enjoyed it already not knowing who anyone was) I am left wondering what you wanted out of it since you have complaints?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)