2011-12 College Hockey

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Tomorrow night- Beanpot Championship Game at TD Banknorth Garden

#4 (nationally) Boston College vs. #2 (nationally) Boston University- 7:30pm ET on NESN

Go BC!!!!

Have to had...the number 1 ranked school, Ferris State Bulldogs (I am alumni of) :) number one does not happen often! Go dogs!!

I was at the Quinnipiac/Brown game the other night. Pretty good hockey. QU is in the "also receiving votes" category at 29th.

The regular season is over...the CCHA Tournament starts in 2-weeks. :)

actually it starts this coming up weekend with the 1st round of playoffs

Farmington Hills, MI… It took until the final night of the regular season, but the 2012 CCHA Tournament first-round matchups are finally set. All series are a best-of-three and take place March 2-4, 2012. Game times will be announced at a later date.

No. 11 Bowling Green at No. 6 Northern Michigan
No. 10 Alaska at No. 7 Lake Superior
No. 9 Ohio State at No. 8 Notre Dame

actually it starts this coming up weekend with the 1st round of playoffs

Farmington Hills, MI… It took until the final night of the regular season, but the 2012 CCHA Tournament first-round matchups are finally set. All series are a best-of-three and take place March 2-4, 2012. Game times will be announced at a later date.

No. 11 Bowling Green at No. 6 Northern Michigan
No. 10 Alaska at No. 7 Lake Superior
No. 9 Ohio State at No. 8 Notre Dame

Sorry...the CCHA doesn't officially start until Michigan takes the ice, and they are scheduled to play someone from the losers bracket on March 9th. Of course, I may be somewhat biased. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Michigan...they managed to claw their way up to #3 in the polls. Hopefully Red Berenson has them firing on all cylinders in the coming weeks. :)

Norwich is doing well in Division III - both the men and women are ranked #2 and are likely to be playing for the championship. :) Unfortunately, I couldn't make it up to Vermont this years....just too busy at work.

Speaking of Michigan...they managed to claw their way up to #3 in the polls
the powerwise shows that if you beat the teams you're suppose to, you'll be fine

great example
MN Duluth.....2nd in conference #1 in PWR
Minnesota....1st in conference #7 in PWR

Looking forward to seeing Ferris state (conference champ :) make a run, hoping to see them at the joe!!

Wisconsin just beat Minnesota 4-1.

I can't wait until the Big Ten Conference to begin playing hockey in 2013. They are instantly the top conference in college hockey:

Michigan Wolverines (9 NCAA Championships)
Wisconsin (6 NCAA Championships)
Michigan State (3 NCAA Championships)
Minnesota (2 NCAA Championships)
Ohio State (0 NCAA Championships)
Penn State (Inaugural Season 2013)

Now, if we can just get more teams to form...Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)