2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with the owners voting YES, I am getting more excited every minute.

I have been going to at least 3 games a year since 1995. This year, will be also going to the Raiders/Dolphins game, Raiders@Bill, and rivalry games in Oakland against the Donkeys and the Dolts. :p ;-)

It will be interesting, an hour or so ago I heard that the players were not happy with the contract yet.

The way I understood it, the Owners think it's a done deal ... basically all they did was put stuff together and hoped the players would accept, pretty much a proposal, not a contract commitment.

This is what they WANT the Players to accept.
Lets see if they do.

Currently living in an apartment with architecture that's preserved for being a historic building. No "eye-sores" such as a satellite dish allowed.

If you have a balcony or window then you could put a dish in a 5 gallon bucket and then fill the bucket with concrete and set it on the balcony or near a window to get service.

If you have a balcony or window then you could put a dish in a 5 gallon bucket and then fill the bucket with concrete and set it on the balcony or near a window to get service.

No balcony (part of the preservation guidelines), but we do have floor to 25' high ceiling windows facing west. No way the GF would allow a bucket filled with concrete and a gaudy satellite dish in our living space though. ;)

I'll just have to survive (somehow) with terrible Time Warner for the time being.

No balcony (part of the preservation guidelines), but we do have floor to 25' high ceiling windows facing west. No way the GF would allow a bucket filled with concrete and a gaudy satellite dish in our living space though. ;)

I'll just have to survive (somehow) with terrible Time Warner for the time being.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. ;)

Purchased my first NFL magazine today (first of many :D), and the Sporting News predicted a Patriots-Packers Super Bowl with the Pack going back-to-back.

Obviously, with the flurry of free agency about to commence, this is more meaningless than ever. Still fun to read and get excited for the season though! :)

I do think the established teams (ie. teams with veteran QB's, same coaching staff, few rookies at new starting positions, little turnover from the previous year, etc.) will be an advantage over those teams who will be starting the shortened preseason with new QB's and a new coaching staff.

I do think the established teams (ie. teams with veteran QB's, same coaching staff, few rookies at new starting positions, little turnover from the previous year, etc.) will be an advantage over those teams who will be starting the shortened preseason with new QB's and a new coaching staff.

That, and we'll also see who the top front offices are as well. With a concentrated time period for free-agent signings and trades, the teams without a well organized management structure will suffer...

Meanwhile SOME on this site just make up stuff to try and support their point that it wasn't a dog and pony show...

Par for the course I guess for the sports forum, why talk about the topic when you can talk about each other.

I made up nothing. My stance has stayed the same. And the tons of messages being sent by the players shows that this is NOT a done deal, the owners DID try to sneak in some things that were either not discussed or not agreed to... LIKE the 10 year deal without an out clause.

You do not think setting up a bullsh*& press conference on the OWNERS BEHALF was a not a dog an pony show to put the pressure on the players to not think, just sign...? Let's not kid ourselves here. The BEST part was setting up a conference call WITH THE PLAYERS without even getting them a document with the fine print... a little mistake, I think not. You don't hear ANYONE from the owners side saying, "we sorry, that was our mistake..." Nope, done on purpose. You do not apologize for things you MEANT to do.

YOU have yet to answer my question, I answered yours. Would you agree to contract without reading the fine print.

I made up nothing. My stance has stayed the same. And the tons of messages being sent by the players shows that this is NOT a done deal, the owners DID try to sneak in some things that were either not discussed or not agreed to... LIKE the 10 year deal without an out clause.

You do not think setting up a bullsh*& press conference on the OWNERS BEHALF was a not a dog an pony show to put the pressure on the players to not think, just sign...? Let's not kid ourselves here. The BEST part was setting up a conference call WITH THE PLAYERS without even getting them a document with the fine print... a little mistake, I think not. You don't hear ANYONE from the owners side saying, "we sorry, that was our mistake..." Nope, done on purpose. You do not apologize for things you MEANT to do.

YOU have yet to answer my question, I answered yours. Would you agree to contract without reading the fine print.

You have yet to post anything that the owners put in that the players did not agree to, what you are doing is no different than the players. You have yet to post a link to a player saying a 10 year deal was not agreed to.

You have yet to post anything that the owners put in that the players did not agree to, what you are doing is no different than the players. You have yet to post a link to a player saying a 10 year deal was not agreed to.

GOD OH MIGHTY, do you even know how to read??! For the 100th time, the players wanted and negociated a 10 year deal...what was not mentioned was that the players were NOT gonna agree to a 10 year deal the DID NOT INCLUDE an out clause. THAT was not mentioned anywhere.

Are you gonna to admit you would not sign a deal without reading the fine print 1st...?

GOD OH MIGHTY, do you even know how to read??! For the 100th time, the players wanted and negociated a 10 year deal...what was not mentioned was that the players were NOT gonna agree to a 10 year deal the DID NOT INCLUDE an out clause. THAT was not mentioned anywhere.

Are you gonna to admit you would not sign a deal without reading the fine print 1st...?

From my very own post in the thread that's actually about the NFL Lockout:

me said:
The genuine complaint today was only that the players didn't have time to review this proposal before their conference call

That would seem to be me saying that I wouldn't sign something I haven't read, so not sure what I am to admit to?

Meanwhile, you still haven't posted a link for this:

salsadancer7 said:
From the sounds of it, the owners want a 10 year deal with no option to opt out.. Looks like that was never discussed or it was thrown in there at the last second. That was never mentioned in the any of the reporting by the media outlets when they mentioned what was being discussed.

Here's 485 news articles mentioning the CBA being 10 years... from this week, prior to Thursday - 10 year CBA - Google Search

Reading is not my problem, is it yours?

From my very own post in the thread that's actually about the NFL Lockout:

That would seem to be me saying that I wouldn't sign something I haven't read, so not sure what I am to admit to?

Meanwhile, you still haven't posted a link for this:

Here's 485 news articles mentioning the CBA being 10 years... from this week, prior to Thursday - 10 year CBA - Google Search

Reading is not my problem, is it yours?

You proved my exact point on the very last quoted comments:

Originally Posted by salsadancer7
From the sounds of it, the owners want a 10 year deal with no option to opt out.. Looks like that was never discussed or it was thrown in there at the last second. That was never mentioned in the any of the reporting by the media outlets when they mentioned what was being discussed.

Thank you.

You proved my exact point on the very last quoted comments:

Originally Posted by salsadancer7

Thank you.

What is the point I proved? Try discussing the topic instead of playing this 'GOTCHA!' Bullsh!t. You are just making stuff up (in bold), that quote just proved it because of 10 year CBA - Google Search. You have yet to post a link to show you didn't just pick some random thing (10 year deal) and go into 'omg they want to eat our children mode' like many players did on Twitter'. It's all FUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)