2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's fine...because though Palmer is not a WCO type of QB, the WRs and the running game is...especially the offensive line. I have NEVER seen a "boring" WCO offense when you have the horses to run it. In fact, when the Raiders ran it, they threw MORE down field than ever.

And about Palmer's so-called diminished skills...

...I am NOT comparing the two QBs in any, way, shape or form...so please do not put words in my mouth.

How would Brady had done if he missed Gronk(his best player) for most of season, Hernandez and Welker for about half of the season and Benjarvus for about half the season(his best RB) .....?

who would you like more in a WCO? jason or carson?

So let me get this straight... you would have NOT traded for Palmer and allow Boller to run the offense knowing full well that Campbell's injury was season ending. AND without McFadden...?

I am looking forward to THIS answer.

Making knee jerk decisions are not only costly to teams, but have lasting implications years down the road. The Raiders made a knee jerk decision last year (IMO) to bring back a diminished skilled QB who was sitting on his couch and expected the world from him. And since they promised him the world, they can't possibly go back to Campbell this year.

Long story short: They burned the Jason Campbell bridge by going for the gusto on a VERY risky and VERY expensive trade for a VERY questionable QB. Now they have to live with the risk that has not paid off for years to come.

Making knee jerk decisions are not only costly to teams, but have lasting implications years down the road. The Raiders made a knee jerk decision last year (IMO) to bring back a diminished skilled QB who was sitting on his couch and expected the world from him. And since they promised him the world, they can't possibly go back to Campbell this year.

Long story short: They burned the Jason Campbell bridge by going for the gusto on a VERY risky and VERY expensive trade for a VERY questionable QB. Now they have to live with the risk that has not paid off for years to come.

STILL didn't answer the question....WHO were you gonna have at QB?

STILL didn't answer the question....WHO were you gonna have at QB?

Would've rolled with Boller for a year since he knew the playbook. Or signed Jake Dellhome or Jeff Garcia for a year. I'm sure there were others out there too. Either way, I wouldn't have sacrificed my future for Palmer. The risk was just way too big to ever fulfill.

who would you like more in a WCO? jason or carson?

IF you have the right personnel(non-QB)...the QB is not a big an issue because he is dunkin' passes with some runs....to have the defense fall asleep for the big plays down the field(Like Rich Gannon did when he was here). The Raiders have very good receiving RBs, fast as hell WRs and a under used TE in Boss...and finally a very young but emerging offensive line.

I like Palmer's big arm...which he proved MANY times he still had. I LOVED Campbell's running capability. IF Campbell would have never gotten hurt, the trade is never made....PERIOD. They WILL bring in someone that will compete for the QB job because Palmer is not that traditional WCO type of QB..but neither was Campbell.

YES, they gave up way too much for Palmer....but he was an upgrade over Campbell IMHO...and so did ALOT of folks that are better suited to make those opinions more than me and anyone else here.;)

Would've rolled with Boller for a year since he knew the playbook. Or signed Jake Dellhome or Jeff Garcia for a year. I'm sure there were others out there too. Either way, I wouldn't have sacrificed my future for Palmer. The risk was just way too big to ever fulfill.

With Boller AND with NO McFadden....??!!!

ROFLAMO!!!

Obviously, you do not remember the the REST of the Raiders/Browns game where Campbell got hurt and the offense sputtered...to be nicely put...and then the NEXT game where he was SO BAD that they actually brought in a Palmer who had been on the team only 3 days and knew only 5 plays...to play.

THAT Boller??!!!

Please stop. You are not making to much sense there....

With Boller AND with NO McFadden....??!!!

ROFLAMO!!!

Obviously, you do not remember the the REST of the Raiders/Browns game where Campbell got hurt and the offense sputtered...to be nicely put...and then the NEXT game where he was SO BAD that they actually brought in a Palmer who had been on the team only 3 days and knew only 5 plays...to play.

THAT Boller??!!!

Please stop. You are not making to much sense there....

What does McFadden have to do with Carson Palmer. Relax dude. Your stress levels are through the roof again. Deep breaths just like the doctor said....

IF you have the right personnel(non-QB)...the QB is not a big an issue because he is dunkin' passes with some runs....to have the defense fall asleep for the big plays down the field(Like Rich Gannon did when he was here). The Raiders have very good receiving RBs, fast as hell WRs and a under used TE in Boss...and finally a very young but emerging offensive line.

I like Palmer's big arm...which he proved MANY times he still had. I LOVED Campbell's running capability. IF Campbell would have never gotten hurt, the trade is never made....PERIOD. They WILL bring in someone that will compete for the QB job because Palmer is not that traditional WCO type of QB..but neither was Campbell.

YES, they gave up way too much for Palmer....but he was an upgrade over Campbell IMHO...and so did ALOT of folks that are better suited to make those opinions more than me and anyone else here.;)

We're just going to have to disagree here. IMO, the MOST important piece in the WCO is the Quarterback! Otto Graham, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, Rich Gannon. All successful QB's in the WCO.

We're just going to have to disagree here. IMO, the MOST important piece in the WCO is the Quarterback! Otto Graham, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre. All successful QB's in the WCO.

And as we've been reminded a few times now, Rich Gannon. I think Jason Campbell (depending on how he comes back from injury) could have fit the mold as well, not so much Palmer w/ a reconstructed knee. Raiders are missing Tim Brown and Jerry Rice though.

We're just going to have to disagree here. IMO, the MOST important piece in the WCO is the Quarterback! Otto Graham, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, Rich Gannon. All successful QB's in the WCO.

Yes they were. And so where QBs like Ty Detmer, Jim McMahon, Brad Johnson, Jake Plummer and Matt Hasselback...which NONE were in the caliber of the QBs you mentioned above. So that almost throws out the notion of the QB HAVING TO be a great QB. The QBs I mentioned had excellent receiving RBs and good WRs

ALSO...a major player in coaching the WCO at BYU was coach Norm Chow who ...goodness me.... help developed ...ya ready.... Carson Palmer! Wow...who would have thunk it?!;)

So let me get this straight... you would have NOT traded for Palmer and allow Boller to run the offense knowing full well that Campbell's injury was season ending. AND without McFadden...?

I am looking forward to THIS answer.

Not for two number ones hell no!

You traded your future for a possible/impossible CHANCE to get to the playoffs, and it wasn't like you were running away with the division at that point. Should have gone with what you had, like the Texans, and gutted it out til next year.

What I like most about that post you quoted is it's asking you to consider McFadden's injury in the equation of whether or not you make the trade, which didn't happen until after the trade. Hindsight is fun, we can all abuse/ignore it to make our points, but just leads to people reaching even further to make their point than they need to. If the Raiders do anything but make the Super Bowl in the next couple seasons this trade is a failure and they should have stuck it out with Boller. Anything short of that ultimate victory and this 8-8 season will be remembered for this trade and how it set back the franchise. Let's be honest, what's the more likely outcome?

What does McFadden have to do with Carson Palmer. Relax dude. Your stress levels are through the roof again. Deep breaths just like the doctor said....

I think that Jackson already thought he had HIS perfect running back in McFadden...he wanted the compliment to the running game. Also, he wanted HIS guy as the QB...unfortunately for Campbell...he was not it.

take the personal comments to pm's people. and remember there are rules in place for private messages as well so no flaming. now please, can we get back to discussing football? thank you

JUST an FYI... the last time the Raiders were SERIOUS playoff worthy(getting robbed in "tuck rule" playoff game, losing the AFC Championship to that year's Super Bowl champs the Ravens and then getting their a$$e$$ handed to them by the Bucs in the Super Bowl....guess what kinda offense they ran where Rich Gannon won the NFL MVP that year.... tick, tock... yep... the west coast offense.

TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:TUCK RULE :bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)