2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cleveland Browns have hired former Vikings head coach Brad Childress as their offensive coordinator, a league source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen on Friday.

Cleveland Browns tap Brad Childress as offensive coordinator, source says - ESPN

Unexciting move. Childress has never been known for being a creative offensive mind. On the other hand, he is experienced and comes from the same Holmgren/Reid tree that everyone else on this coaching staff comes from.

Eagles keep Castillo as DC :confused:
I still don't get this move when it was made in the first place. Keeping him for next season confuses me more.

meStevo said:
Raiders name Palmer week 1 2012 starter... apparently not even going to bring in competition for him, just backup(s).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reading alot into a new coach expressing the fact that he likes the QB he has. You are just assuming hoss.

I actually watched some of the Pro Bowl which shows there was nothing on tv last night.

Btw, Salsa, your thoughts on the new coach?

Reading alot into a new coach expressing the fact that he likes the QB he has. You are just assuming hoss.

What am I assuming? That's what he said, not 'Palmer is our starter going into training camp and we'll see where we are at when the season starts'. He named him the week 1 2012 starter, apparently nothing matters between now, training camp, and preseason... which means they apparently aren't bringing in anyone to compete. If Miami said the same about Matt Moore then Rey would have said the same thing about them not bringing in anyone

If I wanted to assume, I'd say that he's trying to do the best with a situation that will take years to undo (the trade for said QB). Instead you are doing the assuming... that he likes his QB.

No need to get defensive 'hoss'.

What am I assuming? That's what he said, not 'Palmer is our starter going into training camp and we'll see where we are at when the season starts'. He named him the week 1 2012 starter, apparently nothing matters between now, training camp, and preseason... which means they apparently aren't bringing in anyone to compete. If Miami said the same about Matt Moore then Rey would have said the same thing about them not bringing in anyone

If I wanted to assume, I'd say that he's trying to do the best with a situation that will take years to undo (the trade for said QB). Instead you are doing the assuming... that he likes his QB.

No need to get defensive 'hoss'.

The Raiders also have Terrelle Pryor who is a project that they can work with for the future. He is as big as Cam Newton,& if he has a good work ethic,maybe he can develop like Aaron Rodgers did. At least the idea of having Carson Palmer & Terrelle Pryor together on the same roster doesn't seem to cause as much consternation among people as the idea of having Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck together on the same roster.

Apples, meet oranges...... :rolleyes:

Yeah I guess the only difference in this picture is money as in "too much money & too much talent 'potentially' tied up in one team(Indianapolis Colts)." As I rhetorically asked before to the argument that a first round drafted QB should either immediately or almost immediately start,"who made up that rule?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts