2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolphins trying to suck and suck hard! Someone needs to tell the owner that in the win and loss record the first numbers are the amount of wins and the numbers after the dash - are the amount of losses.

They can take over for the Lions in the sucking category.

I am really hopeful that the Lions will actually be competitive this year and be in the run for the playoffs. I know, it is wishful thinking but I sure hope they break their streak of losing seasons.

I am really hopeful that the Lions will actually be competitive this year and be in the run for the playoffs. I know, it is wishful thinking but I sure hope they break their streak of losing seasons.

Your wish will come true Jay. I like the lions. On the way up. I've been saying it for awhile and i especially like Detroit this season.

JAG72 said:

Baring any major injuries, they are THE up and coming team.

salsadancer7 said:
According to Mr. Schefter, Michael Vick agreed to a 6 year, $100 million dollar contract.

LMAO!

$40 million of it guarenteed....

Another $100 million contract for a guy who hasn't done crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

rey_1178 said:
you people can go ahead and keep believing in the preseason and you can keep on bickering over it. it still doesn't mean a damn thing. if what was done in preseason was that important , then my fins should've been in the super bowl the last couple of years since we usually have such a great preseason record. preseason is to further evaluate talent, period. and even after the preseason is over you still may not be completely sure what you have in a certain player until mid regular season.
how you like me now??? :p

I think your cool, you have always been cool to me.

thats it!!!!! i'm going to philly this afternoon and workout for the eagles!!!!!!! :eek:

rey_1178 said:
thats it!!!!! i'm going to philly this afternoon and workout for the eagles!!!!!!! :eek:

May as well, they sign everybody this year !
They are the "Dream Team". ..... sheeeesh..:-[

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Yes, cause God knows Vick did nothing last year......LOL!

1. He needs to prove that last year wasn't a fluke.

2. He wore down significantly in the second half. He wasn't nearly effective in down the stretch as he was at the beginning of the year.

3. His value most likely wouldn't get any higher from where it is now. Why wouldn't the Eagles take the wait and see approach?

Supposedly, one reason Vick's deal was done now was to free up some money towards this year's cap to give some to DeSean Jackson. Vick's original deal for this year was $16M because he was franchised...

1. He needs to prove that last year wasn't a fluke.

2. He wore down significantly in the second half. He wasn't nearly effective in down the stretch as he was at the beginning of the year.

3. His value most likely wouldn't get any higher from where it is now. Why wouldn't the Eagles take the wait and see approach?

Last year definately no fluke. He has always been, IMHO, a very good QB. He wore down only because that offensive line is not very good, that has been addressed this year that the line is theonly weakness...a very glaring one. So with that said, that should not be held accountable against him. As far as his value, that time team goes NO WHERE without. Kolb was given a plenty of chances to where the QB position was his to lose...and he lost it to the point of him being traded.

So far, Andy Reid and the Eagles brass has not been wrong in the QB decisions...they traded McNabb because they thought his better days were behind him...they traded Kolb because he did not fit the type of QB they needed for this particual team. I have no reason to doubt the long term decision to go with Vick and sign him to a big time contract.

Last year definately no fluke. He has always been, IMHO, a very good QB. He wore down only because that offensive line is not very good, that has been addressed this year that the line is theonly weakness...a very glaring one. So with that said, that should not be held accountable against him. As far as his value, that time team goes NO WHERE without. Kolb was given a plenty of chances to where the QB position was his to lose...and he lost it to the point of him being traded.

So far, Andy Reid and the Eagles brass has not been wrong in the QB decisions...they traded McNabb because they thought his better days were behind him...they traded Kolb because he did not fit the type of QB they needed for this particual team. I have no reason to doubt the long term decision to go with Vick and sign him to a big time contract.

Really? Because from what I've seen in *preseason, Vick has been running for his life.

salsadancer7 said:
Yes, cause God knows Vick did nothing last year......LOL!

He had a great year and IMO that was a fluke because he was able to pass the ball with efficiency, his prior years he wasn't a good passer he was a good runner.

The end of last year he started becoming the old Vick and the same so far this pre season, he is making a lot of int. and looks like he wants to run, when he has the mind set to stay in the pocket and not worry about running until he has to or the play calls for it plus stop throwing a lot of int. Than he'll be a franchise QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts