2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
you people can go ahead and keep believing in the preseason and you can keep on bickering over it. it still doesn't mean a damn thing. if what was done in preseason was that important , then my fins should've been in the super bowl the last couple of years since we usually have such a great preseason record. preseason is to further evaluate talent, period. and even after the preseason is over you still may not be completely sure what you have in a certain player until mid regular season.
how you like me now??? :p

Don't know bout Miami's running game.

They really downgraded: from Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams to Reggie Bush and Larry Johnson?!

They really downgraded: from Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams to Reggie Bush and Larry Johnson?!

Also kinda strange because Tony Soprano always seemed to like the big, bruising type of back who tried to inflict more damage than he received...which is why he started the Wildcat in the first place. This is a departure for Miami.

Sandra

Also kinda strange because Tony Soprano always seemed to like the big, bruising type of back who tried to inflict more damage than he received...which is why he started the Wildcat in the first place. This is a departure for Miami.

Sandra

Boy, did he ever....

sopranos460.jpg

Sandra

Sparano has finally realized that you no longer can draft like Tuna use to draft anymore. Look what that got the Dolphins. BIG, SLOW players. The game has evolved since the late 80s. YES, you still need to run the ball...but you have to have speed in the playmakers. Running over players can only get 3 downs and a cloud of dust.

you people can go ahead and keep believing in the preseason and you can keep on bickering over it. it still doesn't mean a damn thing. if what was done in preseason was that important , then my fins should've been in the super bowl the last couple of years since we usually have such a great preseason record. preseason is to further evaluate talent, period. and even after the preseason is over you still may not be completely sure what you have in a certain player until mid regular season.
how you like me now??? :p

Or the undefeated Lions...then going oh-for-16 during the regular. The results as far as the score mean nothing...but how your teams #1 does against the other teams #1 is important. Give you that gauge "to further evaluate talent" ...as you put it.;)

"...how...you...like...me...now....GRASSHOPPER!" .....Serano, after hitting game tying home run in "Major League 2":p

During the regular season 98% of the practice week is spent preparing for your upcoming opponent. During preseason...not so much. Nobody on New Orleans prepared or game planned during the past week for playing against Taiwan Williams...or many of the Raiders for that matter...and they still don't care about him.

New Orleans was much more worried about the battle for their backup tight end position, the last linebacker they're going to keep, and who would stand out on special teams. The same for the Raiders.

When the regular season comes the smoke clears, the preparation and game planning begins...and you have real football like we are used to seeing. And guys like Taiwan Williams either actually become real NFL players, or go back to their day jobs.

Sandra

During the regular season 98% of the practice week is spent preparing for your upcoming opponent. During preseason...not so much. Nobody on New Orleans prepared or game planned during the past week for playing against Taiwan Williams...or many of the Raiders for that matter...and they still don't care about him.

New Orleans was much more worried about the battle for their backup tight end position, the last linebacker they're going to keep, and who would stand out on special teams. The same for the Raiders.

When the regular season comes the smoke clears, the preparation and game planning begins...and you have real football like we are used to seeing. And guys like Taiwan Williams either become real NFL players, or go back to their day jobs.

Sandra

Yep....LOL!

It must be like thinking you're going out on a date with Salma Hayek, but when you go to pick her up it turns out you're only dating a mannequin that kinda looks like Salma Hayek. Nothing is real.

It reminds me of when I dated a Miss Georgia contestant back in the early '80s...image how disappointed I was to discover her breasts weren't real. I was so upset that I broke-off our relationship...after 6-7 months, of course. :rolleyes:

Anyway, we don't need any fake boobs in the NFL since we already have plenty of real ones who play the game, call the on-field action and even own teams. I will be glad when the season starts and, more importantly, when it ends since I am a long-suffering Lions fan. ;)

Sparano has finally realized that you no longer can draft like Tuna use to draft anymore. Look what that got the Dolphins. BIG, SLOW players. The game has evolved since the late 80s. YES, you still need to run the ball...but you have to have speed in the playmakers. Running over players can only get 3 downs and a cloud of dust.

...or perhaps Soprano realized nothing, and Miami decided to go away from what Soprano had been doing. And judging by their failed courtship of Harbaugh, it sounds like Miami wanted to move away from Soprano for good.

Sandra

riffjim4069 said:
It reminds me of when I dated a Miss Georgia contestant back in the early '80s...image how disappointed I was to discover her breasts weren't real. I was so upset that I broke-off our relationship...after 6-7 months, of course. :rolleyes:

LMAO!

Anyway, we don't need any fake boobs in the NFL since we already have plenty of real ones who play the game, call the on-field action and even own teams. I will be glad when the season starts and, more importantly, when it ends since I am a long-suffering Lions fan. ;)

...not to mention those of us real boobs (and those of us WITH real boobs!) who post in this forum!

Sandra

SandraC said:
...or perhaps Soprano realized nothing, and Miami decided to go away from what Soprano had been doing. And judging by their failed courtship of Harbaugh, it sounds like Miami wanted to move away from Soprano for good.

Sandra

They did.... But they finally realized that the Big Tuna's legend was only as a successful coach....not a guy that really knows how "to buy the groceries". So they finally drafted some speed and picked up some speed in free agency. Sparano knows its this year or the unemployment line and drafting big, slow guys was not gonna cut it.

Dolphins trying to suck and suck hard! Someone needs to tell the owner that in the win and loss record the first numbers are the amount of wins and the numbers after the dash - are the amount of losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts