2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent Edwards is forcing the Raiders to make Terrell Pryor the #3 QB in the depth chart. Edwards is AWFUL! I am gonna assume he looks good carrying a clipboard and that was the reason they signed him.

Trent Edwards is forcing the Raiders to make Terrell Pryor the #3 QB in the depth chart. Edwards is AWFUL! I am gonna assume he looks good carrying a clipboard and that was the reason they signed him.

Keep in mind there's a new rule this year that allows teams to only HAVE to carry just 2 QB's on a roster each week. Previous rules mandated teams carry 3 each week.

Keep in mind there's a new rule this year that allows teams to only HAVE to carry just 2 QB's on a roster each week. Previous rules mandated teams carry 3 each week.

I think you have that backwards, previously the 3rd QB didn't count toward the active players and there were rules about bringing them into a game. Now you can have 3 active with no penalty.

salsadancer7 said:

I have a feeling that the raiders will have Pryor starting before the season is over.

I think you have that backwards, previously the 3rd QB didn't count toward the active players and there were rules about bringing them into a game. Now you can have 3 active with no penalty.

Yep. You're right. The person who gave me the info was missinformed. Should've fact checked him. Here's the new ruling:

The owners and players have agreed to expand game day rosters from 45 to 46 active players. The No. 3 quarterback will no longer be an “emergency” inactive player.

In other words, a team can insert its third-string quarterback for a short period at any point in the game, then take him out and put the starter back in. Previously, the first and second quarterbacks couldn’t re-enter the game if the No. 3 quarterback played before the fourth quarter.

The "good, the bad and the ugly" of the game #3:

The Good:

- Even without McFadden, Ford, Schillens and Murphy, the Raiders #1 offense was very solid against the Saints.
- Campbell, other than that last pass that was defelected, had a very good effective game.
- Michael Bush is a BEAST! He ran through, around and on top of anyone in his way.
- Derek Hagan was catching everything thrown to him...resulting in 121 yards.
- HELLLLLOOOOOOOO Taiwan Jones. He electified the fans with his dodging and weaving and making miss all over the place. 13 carries for 83 yards... The Raiders in will be in excellent shape if there is an injury to McFadden.
- The offensive line is getting better and better. Not great...but good. Believe me when I say that is an huge improvement.
- Stanford Routt, WOW. You thought no one threw on Nnamdi side...now no one will throw to Routt side either. 6 tries...1 reception.

The Bad:

- DHB, had a DBH type of day. ALL speed, no substance. There is NO WAY that guy should be on the starting roster.
- DVD, Brees picked him apart. The guy was a good to very good CB at The U, but so far in the NFL...he is not. BUT, the thing is he is there with every WR he has covered, but for some reason, he keeps forgetting to FIND THE BALL. Something is gonna have to learn REAL SOON! :(
- The LB core is decent at best with NO DEPTH whatsoever.
- The run defense was slapped around bad, but we were missing Seymour and the LB core is being counted on too much.

The Ugly:

- The run defense, falls in both bad and ugly.
- DVD, same as above...but he is a rookie and will need to learn quick...GOD I hope Johnson's injury is not serious.

I think he will start a game too. Local ESPN guys had a segment earlier in the week guessing which 5 backups would get the most playing time, could make for an interesting thread if anyone wanted to start it.

He is supposedly gonna play alot next week. Here is hoping that the ONLY game he plays alot is the last preseason game.

The "good, the bad and the ugly" of the game #3:

The Good:

- Even without McFadden, Ford, Schillens and Murphy, the Raiders #1 offense was very solid against the Saints.
- Campbell, other than that last pass that was defelected, had a very good effective game.
- Michael Bush is a BEAST! He ran through, around and on top of anyone in his way.
- Derek Hagan was catching everything thrown to him...resulting in 121 yards.
- HELLLLLOOOOOOOO Taiwan Jones. He electified the fans with his dodging and weaving and making miss all over the place. 13 carries for 83 yards... The Raiders in will be in excellent shape if there is an injury to McFadden.
- The offensive line is getting better and better. Not great...but good. Believe me when I say that is an huge improvement.
- Stanford Routt, WOW. You thought no one threw on Nnamdi side...now no one will throw to Routt side either. 6 tries...1 reception.

The Bad:

- DHB, had a DBH type of day. ALL speed, no substance. There is NO WAY that guy should be on the starting roster.
- DVD, Brees picked him apart. The guy was a good to very good CB at The U, but so far in the NFL...he is not. BUT, the thing is he is there with every WR he has covered, but for some reason, he keeps forgetting to FIND THE BALL. Something is gonna have to learn REAL SOON! :(
- The LB core is decent at best with NO DEPTH whatsoever.
- The run defense was slapped around bad, but we were missing Seymour and the LB core is being counted on too much.

The Ugly:

- The run defense, falls in both bad and ugly.
- DVD, same as above...but he is a rookie and will need to learn quick...GOD I hope Johnson's injury is not serious.

Can't wait for Monday night! How about you? ;)

Can't wait for Monday night! How about you? ;)

Yes AND no. I am looking forward to the REAL football starting but I HATE the game being at 10:00pm EST. I gotta get up early and I TRULY do not believe in recording the game because there is no way you can stay away from not getting the score. AND, the Raiders have a ton of injuries....

I was guessing on a 8-8 or 9-7 season if there were no major injuries. NOW....that does not look like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts