2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets will have serious difficulty stopping McFadden.

Sandra

I do not know how their run stopping defense is. There is no doubt the Raiders O-Line is a better run blocking team than a pass blocking team. I do not know how good the Bills front line was last year... but Campbell was not touched all game. I do know the JETS front line is MUCH better than the Bills.

I have a strange feeling this will be another high scoring affair. Either way, it should be fun being it will be the Raiders home opener.

I think they should be fined, and the NFL confirmed that if the fake injuries could be validated they would be. It would take an outright admission though... if team doctors and players both said they were legit there's nothing they can do. If they had any integrity they'd admit to it.

If it gets enough attention/continues to happen then what I think would likely happen is players removed for the remainder of the drive or x number of plays. As it is this is something that's as old as football itself, but not nearly as prevalent as it is in soccer so nothing has been done about it.

(Rule 4/Game Timing): “The Competition Committee deprecates feigning injuries, with subsequent withdrawal, to obtain a timeout without penalty. Coaches are urged to cooperate in discouraging this practice.”

Not a lot of teeth in this rule....

cosmo_kramer said:
(Rule 4/Game Timing): ?The Competition Committee deprecates feigning injuries, with subsequent withdrawal, to obtain a timeout without penalty. Coaches are urged to cooperate in discouraging this practice.?

Not a lot of teeth in this rule....

..."pretty pleeeeeeaaaaaase don't fake an injury......."

I think they should be fined, and the NFL confirmed that if the fake injuries could be validated they would be. It would take an outright admission though... if team doctors and players both said they were legit there's nothing they can do. If they had any integrity they'd admit to it.

If it gets enough attention/continues to happen then what I think would likely happen is players removed for the remainder of the drive or x number of plays. As it is this is something that's as old as football itself, but not nearly as prevalent as it is in soccer so nothing has been done about it.

I would not be surprised if the league sends out come kind of communication to all teams reminding them that this is a no-no. And more than likely, they will ignore it...the news agencies will pick-up on it and every single camera will be checking just to make sure that every single guy that goes down with an injury this weekend....will be scrutinized! LOL..

Well...the rumors has started. Knowing the Cowboys-Dolphins connection... IF Sporano does not make it....guess who is the 1st rumored candidate...none other than the ORIGINAL "Fat-tub-of-Goo" himself... Rob Ryan... GOD help me....LOL!

I would not be surprised if the league sends out come kind of communication to all teams reminding them that this is a no-no. And more than likely, they will ignore it...the news agencies will pick-up on it and every single camera will be checking just to make sure that every single guy that goes down with an injury this weekend....will be scrutinized! LOL..

They pointed out Brady kinda standing in disbelief near a player who went down during one of their drives during that telecast. It probably happens more than we realize.

As for Jets/Raiders... IMO this is the first actual defense the Raiders will face this year, if Sanchez takes care of the ball and the Jets can prevent big running plays I don't think they have many problems in Oakland. If Oakland can force turnovers and stop the penalties, as well as taking care of the ball themselves, they've got a shot.

I know I am flip-flopping...but I just am not sold on the Bills and the Lions just yet. As much I think the Lions and the Bills are much improved, the Lions beat a decent team in Bucs and a injury filled Chiefs team. The Bills beat that same injury plagued Chiefs team and my mediocre Raiders team....barely. So truth be told, they have yet to player a upper middle class to an elite team. Now in the next 2 weeks, the Lions play division foe on the road in Minnesota and Dallas on the road...again, mediocre teams. Their 1st real upper middle class foe is Chicago at home on a Monday night in week 5.

The Bills, will be tested alot more before the bye than the Lions will. They have the Pats at home this weekend, they have Eagles on 10/9 and the Giants on the road on the 16th.

By week 7 or 8, we will know how legit these teams really are. More so the Bills than the Lions due to a tougher schedule those 1st 8 week.

Ok...there, I know many were thinking it...but I said it. So rip away.... LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I am flip-flopping more...but I just am not sold on the Bills and the Lions just yet. As much I think the Lions and the Bills are much improved, the Lions beat a decent team in Bucs and a injury filled Chiefs team. The Bills beat that same injury plagued Chiefs team and my mediocre Raiders team....barely. So truth be told, they have yet to player a upper middle class to an elite team. Now in the next 2 weeks, the Lions play division foe on the road in Minnesota and Dallas on the road...again, mediocre teams. Their 1st real upper middle class foe is Chicago at home on a Monday night in week 5.

The Bills, will be tested alot more before the bye than the Lions will. They have the Pats at home this weekend, they have Eagles on 10/9 and the Giants on the road on the 16th.

By week 7 or 8, we will know how legit these teams really are. More so the Bills than the Lions due to a tougher schedule those 1st 8 week.

I thought you told me yesterday (about 5 pages ago) that there was no such thing as a "soft schedule" in the NFL. This is what I was trying to talk about. The Lions and the Bills haven't played against an elite team yet so we really haven't seen their full potential. Meanwhile, I still think the Redskins' schedule is the softest out of all the undefeated teams right now. (The patriots' schedule is a close 2nd). I agree with you on the Lions though. We're not going to know if they're for real until we get to week 5 against the Bears. Since that game will be nationally televised on ESPN, we'll all get to see what the Lions are really all about.

I know I am flip-flopping...but I just am not sold on the Bills and the Lions just yet. As much I think the Lions and the Bills are much improved, the Lions beat a decent team in Bucs and a injury filled Chiefs team. The Bills beat that same injury plagued Chiefs team and my mediocre Raiders team....barely. So truth be told, they have yet to player a upper middle class to an elite team. Now in the next 2 weeks, the Lions play division foe on the road in Minnesota and Dallas on the road...again, mediocre teams. Their 1st real upper middle class foe is Chicago at home on a Monday night in week 5.

I thought you told me yesterday (about 5 pages ago) that there was no such thing as a "soft schedule" in the NFL. This is what I was trying to talk about. The Lions and the Bills haven't played against an elite team yet so we really haven't seen their full potential. Meanwhile, I still think the Redskins' schedule is the softest out of all the undefeated teams right now. (The patriots' schedule is a close 2nd). I agree with you on the Lions though. We're not going to know if they're for real until we get to week 5 against the Bears. Since that game will be nationally televised on ESPN, we'll all get to see what the Lions are really all about.

I'm thinking the Lions are the real deal .... they did play last year playoff team and won, that would be Tampa Bay.
So, I give them more credit for the win on the road in Tampa.

Well...the rumors has started. Knowing the Cowboys-Dolphins connection... IF Sporano does not make it....guess who is the 1st rumored candidate...none other than the ORIGINAL "Fat-tub-of-Goo" himself... Rob Ryan... GOD help me....LOL!
Oh lord! I'm gonna have to take care of this MY way..... :eek:

So far, it looks like the Raiders finally have some QB stability

Campbell made no screwups against Denver, and he wasn't the reason they lost at Buffalo.

Given what happened to KC and the still-lingering Denver QB issues, Oakland has the second-best QB situation in their division.

My bad....what I should have said was there are no easy teams....or easy games. But at the same token, you cannot put the Raiders, Bucs or Chiefs in the same category as the Pats, Falcons, Packers and Steelers.

I'm thinking the Lions are the real deal .... they did play last year playoff team and won, that would be Tampa Bay.
So, I give them more credit for the win on the road in Tampa.

Is Tampa in the same caliber as KC? Not really because they are more or less the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)