2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bills, Lions and Redskins are all 2-0, but which team is actually for real?
I think for the Bills we'll find out next week when they face the Patriots. For the Lions, we'll definitely find out in week 5 against the Bears. For the Redskins, we'll probably find out in week 6 against the Eagles, but even so, their schedule is just way too soft to find out for sure. The only really tough game they have is against the Patriots and that's not coming until week 14. Until then, for the redskins, it'll look like they're actually for real, but they just have a schedule that's too easy. If you don't believe me, you can take a look for yourself. Washington Redskins Schedule at NFL.com

Last edited:
Ryan Fitzpatrick is proving that I was dead right when I said early last year and times in '09 that Trent Edwards was holding their offense back.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is proving that I was dead right when I said early last year and times in '09 that Trent Edwards was holding their offense back.

I thought you and other Buffalo fans were not completely sold on "The Amish Riffle" after last year and were pining for a QB in the draft?

I thought you and other Buffalo fans were not completely sold on "The Amish Riffle" after last year and were pining for a QB in the draft?
they weren't . and on the trent edwards thing i called him a bust since day one. pure hype that season they started 3-0 or whatever it was. i was criticized when i said it. :p

I think for the Bills we'll find out next week when they face the Patriots. For the Lions, we'll definitely find out in week 5 against the Bears. For the Redskins, we'll probably find out in week 6 against the Eagles, but even so, their schedule is just way too soft to find out for sure. The only really tough game they have is against the Patriots and that's not coming until week 14. Until then, for the redskins, it'll look like they're actually for real, but they just have a schedule that's too easy. If you don't believe me, you can take a look for yourself. Washington Redskins Schedule at NFL.com

There is no "soft schedule" in the NFL.

Look at yesterday's game between the Titans and the Ravens... did you pick the Titans to beat the Ravens?! Nope...and neither did I. In week one, did you pick the Bills over KC IN KC? Nope...neither did I.

So this thing about 'automatic wins' in the NFL...you better forget it.

The Lions are for real, the Redskins are pretenders, and I have no idea about the Bills but they have looked pretty good these first two weeks.

God knows I am a Lions fan but don't drink the koolaid yet. Yesterday's game would have been much closer if Charles had not been hurt. I am use to disappointment so until I see some wins in the division, I am curbing my enthusiasm. I'll still wear my CJ jersey on sunday :)

God knows I am a Lions fan but don't drink the koolaid yet. Yesterday's game would have been much closer if Charles had not been hurt. I am use to disappointment so until I see some wins in the division, I am curbing my enthusiasm. I'll still wear my CJ jersey on sunday :)

Excellent post and the right move by a fan of a team/s that have had fast starts. After misrable history. Knowing my Raiders history, though I expect them to compete every single game, I know I get too exited! Do I think they are good enough to win every single game? Yep...do I know they probably won't win more than 9.... YEP as well.

But ya never know....:)

Last year shows Cassel isnt the problem.

Luck + Cowher 2012 is my pipe dream now though :p

Silver: Look for Josh McDaniels as next head coach in KC
Yahoo! Sports - Sports News, Scores, Rumors, Fantasy Games, and more

3) I believe that if Pioli fires Haley, he’ll try to hire his old New England colleague Josh McDaniels, he of the disastrous tenure as Broncos head coach that included dubious personnel moves too numerous to mention, a cheating scandal and five victories in his final 22 games. When McDaniels, currently the Rams’ offensive coordinator, becomes K.C.’s next head coach, count on two things: I’ll remind you that you heard it here first and you’re going to be treated to a real diatribe.

You mean return to Missouri?

I'd be pretty happy with either Cowher or Gruden, the latter would probably jump at the chance to work with a promising QB in Luck if the Chiefs did indeed end up picking first. I'm kind of afraid of Crennel or Zorn somehow becoming HC, they're both already on the staff.

bill-cowher.jpg

Skip Gruden with Luck, Gruden always has about 10 QB's on the team and rotates them .... can't settle on one, thats the MAJOR flaw I see with Gruden, other than that, I like him and would seriously like to see him in Columbus in a year or two.

Silver: Look for Josh McDaniels as next head coach in KC
Yahoo! Sports - Sports News, Scores, Rumors, Fantasy Games, and more

3) I believe that if Pioli fires Haley, he’ll try to hire his old New England colleague Josh McDaniels, he of the disastrous tenure as Broncos head coach that included dubious personnel moves too numerous to mention, a cheating scandal and five victories in his final 22 games. When McDaniels, currently the Rams’ offensive coordinator, becomes K.C.’s next head coach, count on two things: I’ll remind you that you heard it here first and you’re going to be treated to a real diatribe.

Once that happens, you can look for the Chefs to trade for Mr. Tebow.

Once that happens, you can look for the Chefs to trade for Mr. Tebow.

Actually it was McDaniels inquiring about getting Matt Cassel that started the whole Cutler fiasco, so he might be fine with that. He's the one that made Cassel look much better than he actually is.

There sure seem to be a lot more groin, hamstring, and knee injuries very early this year. And doing in major players.

I wonder if it's because of the shortened off season, or maybe that teams are now tackling lower, so they don't get those ridiculous fines for hitting high?

Of course, many of the pull/strain/tears are non-contact.

I think it's because lockout is still in the back of our minds, it was mentioned last week that injuries are flat/down vs last year or something. Almost all the harbingers of doom from the lockout have proven false... Injuries, offensive chemistry, etc.

There sure seem to be a lot more groin, hamstring, and knee injuries very early this year. And doing in major players.

I wonder if it's because of the shortened off season, or maybe that teams are now tackling lower, so they don't get those ridiculous fines for hitting high?

Of course, many of the pull/strain/tears are non-contact.

I'm leaning with the lack of OTA's and Training camp.
Where are you seeing better tackling ?
All I'm seeing it the typical hit somebody with your body and hope they fall down, just like the last 25 years ...

IF they would learn to TACKLE again, you would see a much better game....

I think it's because lockout is still in the back of our minds, it was mentioned last week that injuries are flat/down vs last year or something. Almost all the harbingers of doom from the lockout have proven false... Injuries, offensive chemistry, etc.

I think theres been the typical amount of hamstrings and whatnot injuries, just like every year.

I'm leaning with the lack of OTA's and Training camp.
Where are you seeing better tackling ?
All I'm seeing it the typical hit somebody with your body and hope they fall down, just like the last 25 years ...

IF they would learn to TACKLE again, you would see a much better game....

Not better tackling. Tackling at the knees, instead of high, to avoid the fines. Of course, your Steelers still tackle high! (They'll pay the fines) So maybe you haven't noticed. ;)

yaz96 said:
Not better tackling. Tackling at the knees, instead of high, to avoid the fines. Of course, your Steelers still tackle high! (They'll pay the fines) So maybe you haven't noticed. ;)

Incase you haven't noticed, most tackle HIGH .... generally they are trying to just grab hold till others can get there.

My team or not, they all suck at tackling, I don't even know if they practice it on a regular basis.

I'm not concerned with fines, I just want to see better tackling, period, from all teams, instead of just trying to hit the guy and hope he goes down. You see guys ge hit and not wraped up and just keep going for more yardage all the time.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts