2011 British Open (aka "The Open Championship")

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Full Story

"The British Open is getting ready to tee off, 2011 style. This year's edition will be starting on July 14th, and will be held at the Royal St. George's Golf Club.

This will be the 14th time that this wonderful course has hosted the championship. In 1894, it became the first course outside of Scotland to do so.

The last time the British Open was held here was in 2003, when American Ben Curtis won with a score of one-under-par."

Live Television Schedule

Round 1 - July 14th from 4:00 am to 3:00 pm EST on ESPN
Round 2 - July 15th from 4:00 am to 3:00 pm EST on ESPN
Round 3 - July 16th from 7:00 am to 2:30 pm EST on ESPN
Round 4 - July 17th from 6:00 am to 1:30 pm EST on ESPN

Yes, it's on ESPN...Ugh! These guys botch golf like Versus/NBC botch the NHL. :(

Also, plenty of great coverage and commentary on the days activity over the GolfHD.

I really do think it is time for ESPN (ABC) to get into or out of golf. It has secondary coverage of The Masters, where it just tosses a few people in with the regular CBS crowd, and The Open Championship. It simply does not do the sport enough to develop expertese.

Round 1 - July 14th from 4:00 am to 3:00 pm EST on ESPN
Round 2 - July 15th from 4:00 am to 3:00 pm EST on ESPN
Round 3 - July 16th from 7:00 am to 2:30 pm EST on ESPN
Round 4 - July 17th from 6:00 am to 1:30 pm EST on ESPN

Yes, it's on ESPN...Ugh! These guys botch golf like Versus/NBC botch the NHL. :(

Also, plenty of great coverage and commentary on the days activity over the GolfHD.

ESPN?! Ugh!

Being a morning person, I love the British Open start times though!

Stuck.

I don't like ESPN's golf coverage at all. Terico can't commentate golf. He does much better at football.

Wonder if Tom Watson will play in the Open this year.

Luke Donald wins the Scottish Open and should be one of the favorites headed into the Brittish Open. Phil finished at -7 tied for 5th. I don't see him being a factor based on the way he has been playing this year.

The Americans are playing well...I counted 19 players Even Par or better. Tom Watson is STILL competitive at age 62 (should have won it back in 2009). McIlroy fired a disappointing 71 (+1) but is only 6-shots back. Regardless, as I heard mentioned on the Golf Channel earlier this morning..."Golf is doing fine without Tiger Woods."

Lucas Glover -4
Kyle Stanley - 2
Ricky Barnes -2
Justin Leonard -2
Mark Calcavecchia -1
Ryan Moore -1
Chad Campbell -1
Bubba Watson -1
J.B. Holmes -1
Webb Simpson -1
Ryan Palmer -1
Steward Cink E
Dustin Johnson E
Rickie Fowler E
Steve Stricker E
Phil Michelson E
Tom Watson E
Davis Love III E
Jeff Overton E

I just got to see Tom Watson hit a hole in one live. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ramy said:
I just got to see Tom Watson hit a hole in one live. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I did too...the guy is amazing. He is Even Par and tied for 31st (along with Phil Mickelson), which is not too shabby for someone almost age 62.

Speaking of Watson...Bubba Watson is on the leaderboard and playing well. He is my long-shot to win this years Open.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)