MLB All Star Game 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Interesting is that an AL DH is voted in, but there will not be a DH position. Even though Ortiz is voted in and Young was selected as a backup, neither will be starting. The most you may see them do is pinch hit once

Congrats to Alex Avilla making it, I really DIDN'T think the yankee fans would allow him to make it, even though he's playing MUCH better.

It's a shame that they voted Jeter in when Asdrubal Cabrera, was clearly the choice amongst most.
That said, with Jeter being on the DL, it will go to him anyways.

Q. Will Peralta make it as the back up ?

DodgerKing said:
Interesting is that an AL DH is voted in, but there will not be a DH position. Even though Ortiz is voted in and Young was selected as a backup, neither will be starting. The most you may see them do is pinch hit once

Can't wait to see a pitcher bat in the All-Star game. AWESOME.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Iceberg said:
you wont. They'll get pinch hit for

If the AL gets to the 9 hole in the first 2 innings you'll see the starter hit, because normally they go 2 innings.

OK I can't believe I'm gonna rant in favor of the Pirates but I'm going to.

I can't believe that kevin Correia, PIT didn't get a vote he is one of three pitchers with 11 wins meanwhile Cain has 7 wins, Vogelsong has 6 but I guess since they play for the WS champs wins don't matter.

Andrew McCutchin, PIT should also be a All Star, I'm not thinking that fans should vote for him before Kemp or Braun because he isn't really a name YET But for the coach to not name him as a reserve or not even being added to that ballot of the five best players left to vote for is disrespectful because he is better than the reserves or the players on the ballot.

McCutchen has a 4.6 WAR rating. That's a complex formula that takes into account an array of data and computes the number of wins a player helps his team get compared to a typical replacement player. Hence, the acronym WAR, for Wins Above Replacement. People inside the game, including those in the Pirates' front office, love citing it.

Only two players in Major League Baseball rate higher than McCutchen: Jose Bautista of the Toronto Blue Jays has a 5.6 WAR rating; Jose Reyes of the New York Mets is at 4.6. Both will be starters next week in Phoenix.

Read more: Kovacevic: McCutchen All-Star snub is inexplicable - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Kovacevic: McCutchen All-Star snub is inexplicable - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Lets face it that the only reason these two players aren't on the All Star team is because P I R A T E S is on the front of their uniform so people don't want to look at the name on the back of their uniform.

OK Rant over and I can't believe I'm Gonna say this....Lets go Buccos.

If the AL gets to the 9 hole in the first 2 innings you'll see the starter hit, because normally they go 2 innings.

It think the NL has a much better change of batting around within two innings. The NL top starters are the best in baseball. Halladay alone is the best in baseball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts