MLB All Star Game 2011

Iceberg said:
Out of that list the only ones that look like they belong are Fielder, Ortiz and Bautista

What about the guy leading the NL in HRs? Matt Kemp

What about Adrian Gonzalez?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No Texeira or CC on the all-star team...Sweet!!!

Get some rest, boys.

Now if we can only get Cano to drop out of the home run contest. Don't want him to turn into David Wright.

Sandra

SandraC said:
No Texeira or CC on the all-star team...Sweet!!!

Get some rest, boys.

Now if we can only get Cano to drop out of the home run contest. Don't want him to turn into David Wright.

Sandra

If you look at Cano and Wright swings, they are completely different. Cano is a gap/line drive hitter that happens to have power....Wright has a power hitters swing that does not have as much power as it looks.

If you look at Cano and Wright swings, they are completely different. Cano is a gap/line drive hitter that happens to have power....Wright has a power hitters swing that does not have as much power as it looks.

Granderson was a line drive hitter too, till they or he decided he wanted to hit HR's.
Not sure when that transition was, but I much preferred him as a line drive, doubles and triples hitter.

Which is why he probably will not win the NL MVP even though he should be the winner at this point. Did you guys not see the stats I posted about him a couple of days ago? http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/259198-mlb-2011-all*star-game-poll.html#post2568886

He's third or fourth in all catagories, yes, he's haveing a great year but there are others right there as well.
If you look as a whole both AL and NL, he's up there, but not nessasarilly better than any of the others up there.

Jay Bruce is up there in the NL top 5 in HR's too. He is an All-Star too.

He's third or fourth in all catagories, yes, he's haveing a great year but there are others right there as well.
If you look as a whole both AL and NL, he's up there, but not nessasarilly better than any of the others up there.
First and second in many. Nobody, not a single person, is up with him in all categories. The HR hitters close to him, like Fielder, are nowhere near him in stolen bases and average. The average hitters, like Reyes, and the stolen base leaders, are nowhere near him in HRs, RBIs, and OPS. Seriously, he is the whole package and leading or near the top in all offensive categories (average, speed, power, runs, ex)

If the season ended today, Kemp should be the MVP. It will probably be Fielder, because his team is at the top while Kemp's team is at the bottom.

Not about the swings...although Wright's power hitter swing had a lot more power at Shea Stadium than at the Grand Canyon known as Citi Field. But after the home run derby, 90% of Wright's problems were half-mental.

Sandra

DodgerKing said:
First and second in many. Nobody, not a single person, is up with him in all categories. The HR hitters close to him, like Fielder, are nowhere near him in stolen bases and average. The average hitters, like Reyes, and the stolen base leaders, are nowhere near him in HRs, RBIs, and OPS. Seriously, he is the whole package and leading or near the top in all offensive categories (average, speed, power, runs, ex)

If the season ended today, Kemp should be the MVP. It will probably be Fielder, because his team is at the top while Kemp's team is at the bottom.

How valuable can he be, they are in last place. I bet they could be there without him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

I was thinking overall, both leagues ...

I would take Adrian Gonzalez or Miguel Cabrera first, but thats not a slight, just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)