MLB All Star Game 2011

I don't like either ... then again, I use to like listening to Joe Gargiola and .... can't remember who was with him, Tony Kubeck ?
It was Garagiola and Kubek. Then Vin Scully joined the NBC Saturday GOTW, and joined Garagiola. Kubek moved to NBC's "B" team with Bob Costas.

IMO, that was baseball's "salad" days for national broadcaters. NBC had Scully/Garagiola and Costas/Kubek and ABC had Al Michaels, Jim Palmer and a MUCH more tolerable Tim McCarver.

Robertson and Pineda pitching the 2nd and 3rd innings for the AL??!! :confused:

Has the All-Star Game officially "jumped the shark"?

Robertson and Pineda pitching the 2nd and 3rd innings for the AL??!! :confused:

Has the All-Star Game officially "jumped the shark"?

They said Josh beckett tweeked something,otherwise he would have been pitching instead of Robertson. Curtis Granderson seems like he was born to be a Yankee. He seems to epitomize the New York Yankees to me.

What a time to turn on the game. Fielder hits a 3 run bomb.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

They said Josh beckett tweeked something,otherwise he would have been pitching instead of Robertson. Curtis Granderson seems like he was born to be a Yankee. He seems to epitomize the New York Yankees to me.

GRANDERSON is a TIGER ..... that got swallowed up by the yankee money.

Two in a row for the NL. Just like I say every All Star Game, talent in both leagues with the top players is a wash. What makes the AL top overall is they have fewer bad teams.

The advantage with the NL is they have a couple teams that have some of the most dominating pitching in MLB and even throughout history, namely the Phils and Giants. The Giants are in first place even though their offense is awful

Some good points here:

Something has to give. MLB can't say the game counts and then play it like a company picnic softball game.

There were 60 players who got on the field last night. That's about 30 more than a high school JV game. In the seventh inning, with his team down 4-1, Ron Washington let Carlos Quentin and Matt Joyce bat instead of Jose Bautista and Josh Hamilton. It was more important to him not to offend Quentin and Joyce than to have better players in the game.
The AL started Jered Weaver. Then he was followed by Dave Robertson, Michael Pineda, C.J. Wilson, Jordan Walden, Chris Perez, Brandon League and Alexi Ogando. Not one of the relievers had ever been in an All-Star Game before.
For starters, play the game on Wednesday so the Sunday starters can pitch an inning. Play the Futures Game on Monday, the HR Derby on Tuesday, the All-Star Game on Wednesday and then give everybody a day off on Thursday. It's not perfect, but it's more perfect than having a Some Stars Game.

This game counts? - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog