2011 MLB Playoffs

Good game going on at the Trop.............Rangers 4, Rays 3 bottom of 8th, but the Rays are threatening.

They just mentioned the Tigers and yanks will start on TNT at 8:30.

What about the people watching the Law and Order episode from 8-9 ?

I've always wondered about this myself. In the past, TNT was in the middle of a movie and left it to show the start of a playoff game. To my knowledge, they don't resume the show/movie when the game on TBS ends. If I were a viewer when this happened I'd be pissed!

I've always wondered about this myself. In the past, TNT was in the middle of a movie and left it to show the start of a playoff game. To my knowledge, they don't resume the show/movie when the game on TBS ends. If I were a viewer when this happened I'd be pissed!

Fwiw, They finished the LaO at the top of the hour once the Tiger game went back to the original station.

Hmmm, many of the Media types before the start of this game (Tigers / yanks) said to expect this to be a bullpen game as the Starters won't go far into the game because they only had 2 days off ... and Verlander had never thrown on 3 days rest.

Sabathia went 5 2/3rds
Verlander went 8 strong ...
Not his best, but very typical of Verlander, he's a bulldog .... :)

TB/DET vs STL/MIL is not going to bring in ratings. The Yankees loss tonight has got to be upsetting to the marketing dept at Fox.

Wow, great game!!

Rangers and Tigers (and Brewers in the NL) with a chance to close it out tomorrow.

Heres a conversation in the clubhouse

Joe Girardi:"Ok, AJ. Its all about you now. You have to win to keep this series alive". AJ? AJ? Are you hearing me?

AJ Burnett(looking flustered):"What is it"?
Joe Girardi: "Did you hear what I said"?

AJ:"I cant talk right now. Cant you see Im baking a warm Apple Pie?"

Joe: "DONT WORRY ABOUT THE DAMN PIE!! OUR SEASON IS ON THE LINE!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND, THAT!!! AJ, AJ, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME"??!!

AJ: Uh, yeah, sure, I understand. Season on the line, got it. But what does that have to do with my apple pie?

TB/DET vs STL/MIL is not going to bring in ratings. The Yankees loss tonight has got to be upsetting to the marketing dept at Fox.

Why, because the yankees won't be in it ? WAH !!!!

It's nice to get new teams in there, EVERY year its yankes or Red Sox or Phillies.

Why, because the yankees won't be in it ? WAH !!!!

It's nice to get new teams in there, EVERY year its yankes or Red Sox or Phillies.

Yeah, everyone must be sick and tired of the Red Sox and their TWO World Series appearances the last 25 years! :confused:

Happy Halloween Everyone!

ESPN's special called "unguarded"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts