2011 MLB Playoffs

The Yankees aren't out-of-it by a long-shot. Also, Texas is up over Tampa Bay and I can't see the Phillies not winning their series.

I have been working too much to pay attention to the other series, I was lucky to make it home in time to see the Tigers game.

Tigers series is NOT over as mentioned.
Burnett going tomorrow is why they all feel that way, that just means if he struggles the Pen comes in early.

IF Porcello doesn't win it tomorrow, they have Fister ready to go for game 5. (on regular rest I believe)

Why, because the yankees won't be in it ? WAH !!!!

It's nice to get new teams in there, EVERY year its yankes or Red Sox or Phillies.
Like last year? (SF/Tex).

Since 2002, here are the teams and number of WS appearances..
Yankees - 2
Giants - 2
Phils - 2
Boston - 2
STL - 2
Texas -1
Tampa Bay -1
Colorado - 1
Detroit - 1
Chi White Sox - 1
Houston - 1
Florida - 1
Anaheim - 1

Me...a Giants fan. I'm happy to see NY gone and couldn't wait to post my reply that they had lost. There are plenty of matchups that will garner national attention. Last year's series did not seem to get alot of national interest. There aren't many teams in this year's pool that will pull in ratings.

Yeah, everyone must be sick and tired of the Red Sox and their TWO World Series appearances the last 25 years! :confused:

I was actually thinking Playoffs more than WS.

The Sox aren't as bad to deal with , your not CONSTANTLY told how GREAT they are ...media think the 27 yankees are playing every year.

IF Porcello doesn't win it tomorrow, they have Fister ready to go for game 5. (on regular rest I believe)

I'll be surprised if Porcello makes it 6 complete innings tomorrow (lots of pressure), but I'll hope for the best. Fister didn't do well his first outting but, hopefully, he will settle down if we need him for game 5. I sure wish game 1 wasn't postponed but such is life.

Go Tigers!

Yankees - 2
Giants - 2
Phils - 2
Boston - 2
STL - 2
Texas -1
Tampa Bay -1
Colorado - 1
Detroit - 1
Chi White Sox - 1
Houston - 1
Florida - 1
Anaheim - 1

Me...a Giants fan. I'm happy to see NY gone and couldn't wait to post my reply that they had lost. There are plenty of matchups that will garner national attention. Last year's series did not seem to get alot of national interest. There aren't many teams in this year's pool that will pull in ratings.

I get what you're saying here. Whether we like it or not, certain teams get better ratings than others. It doesn't necessarily mean you, me or anyone else wants a particular(s) team in the World Series, but it's a fact of life that some teams garner better ratings than others...that's all.

Yankees - 2
Giants - 2
Phils - 2
Boston - 2
STL - 2
Texas -1
Tampa Bay -1
Colorado - 1
Detroit - 1
Chi White Sox - 1
Houston - 1
Florida - 1
Anaheim - 1

Excuse me, I'm talking Playoffs, just like you are, seeing were a LONG ways from the WS at this point.

I'll be surprised if Porcello makes it 6 complete innings tomorrow (lots of pressure), but I'll hope for the best. Fister didn't do well his first outting but, hopefully, he will settle down if we need him for game 5. I sure wish game 1 wasn't postponed but such is life.

Go Tigers!

Do you know what was Porcello's very first game and Win in the majors ?

A WIN in NY, he pitched VERY well, can't remember the score back then, something like 2-1, 3-2 ...

I think it was a very important game for the Tigers at the time.

I remember thinking, your gonna put the Kid in there to pitch THIS game ?

Yankees - 2
Giants - 2
Phils - 2
Boston - 2
STL - 2
Texas -1
Tampa Bay -1
Colorado - 1
Detroit - 1
Chi White Sox - 1
Houston - 1
Florida - 1
Anaheim - 1

I bet if Detroit gets in it, you'll have good ratings.
Detroit/Texas would draw as well.

Go Tigers!

Porcello of late, last 7 starts ALL 6+ innings, 3-1 and 3.50 era.
Then again it wasn't the yankees he was going against.

I hope he does well, but the Yankees lineup and pitching on National TV for the ALDS will be a first for him.

Yup,
Porcello will be the wild card, coming into the season we said that too.
If he did well the Tigers would be very good.
At that time we were counting on J.V. and Schrezer and Porcello needed to be a solid #3.

I think he needs to be much better than he showed during the season to get thru 6 in a position to win.

Tuesday's Pitching Matchups

Rangers (Harrison) at Rays (Hellickson)- 2:07pm ET (TBS) Rangers lead series 2-1

Phillies (Hamels) at Cardinals (Garcia)- 5:07pm ET (TBS) Series tied 1-1

Yankees (Burnett) at Tigers (Porcello)- 8:37pm ET (TBS) Tigers lead series 2-1

Brewers (Marcum) at Diamondbacks (Collmenter)- 9:37pm ET (TNT) Brewers lead series 2-0

That AD and Brewers game starts late. Even for me on the west coast it wont be ending until about the time I go to bed. I am glad I do not live in Milwaukee, an 8:30 start for Brewers fan there is way too late

Tuesday's Pitching Matchups

Rangers (Harrison) at Rays (Hellickson)- 2:07pm ET (TBS) Rangers lead series 2-1

Phillies (Hamels) at Cardinals (Garcia)- 5:07pm ET (TBS) Series tied 1-1

Yankees (Burnett) at Tigers (Porcello)- 8:37pm ET (TBS) Tigers lead series 2-1

Brewers (Marcum) at Diamondbacks (Collmenter)- 9:37pm ET (TNT) Brewers lead series 2-0

There is NOTHING like PLAYOFF day baseball!

Happy Halloween Everyone!

ESPN's special called "unguarded"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts