2011 MLB Playoffs

Adrian Beltre just hit his third HR of the game. Why can't the Red Sox get players like that? :(

Ahhh....Bill, you guys DID have him...LOL

It's an old Bob Lobel line, used following highlights of Carlton Fisk, Fred Lynn, Rick Burleson, John Tudor, Ellis Burks, etc., etc., etc.

The reality is, because players now change teams while they are still in their primes, usualy more than once, then there will always be droves of your team's former stars making highlight films while playing for other teams

If Texas and Detroit play for the ALCS that will be an awesome series as well. Detroit has a very good team this year.

That would be a great series for me! I can get tickets in Detroit for the ALCS (will probably cost me my Michigan-Ohio State tickets) but I doubt I could find any for games in Arlington. Regardless, I'm heading to Comerica Park shortly. Go Tigers!

That would be a great series for me! I can get tickets in Detroit for the ALCS (will probably cost me my Michigan-Ohio State tickets) but I doubt I could find any for games in Arlington. Regardless, I'm heading to Comerica Park shortly. Go Tigers!

This year's game doesn't count anyway. ;) :D

Sandra

The Rangers are the first team to advance to baseball's Final Four........congrats to them and their fans!!!

Wow, what a difference a week makes, huh?

It looks like the Rays were still not down from their Wednesday night high, when they blew out the Rangers in Game 1. It just looks like they ran out of gas after that, as they looked very flat the last three games.

Either way, they deserve all the credit in the world for hanging in there the last month. They truly are a gritty bunch!

Why do we have to maintain the pretense that the umpires are confabbing to "get it right"? Announcers have been spouting that claptrap for about three decades now. When the umpires get together to discuss a non-reviewable call, they obviously wait until someone informs them that the replay they are not allowed to see either affirms or repudiates the call on the field.

It looks like the Rays were still not down from their Wednesday night high, when they blew out the Rangers in Game 1. It just looks like they ran out of gas after that, as they looked very flat the last three games.

Either way, they deserve all the credit in the world for hanging in there the last month. They truly are a gritty bunch!

You know I think the Rays have the one of the most impressive pitching staffs in the league. I agree with you Bill. I think they ran out of gas. You know kudos to the Rays, they had a great year.

V-Mart goes yard for the Tigers.....Also, the Brewers strand two in the top of the 1st.

Happy Halloween Everyone!

ESPN's special called "unguarded"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts