2011 MLB Playoffs

Jimbo, congrats to the Tigers. They had a hell of a year. They have nothing to be ashamed about. As long as you leave it all on the field, you cant knock that.

Congrats rangers, tigers need to get some speed and work on a bit of pitching

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

First off, kudos to a very gritty Tigers team on a great year! But the Rangers left little doubt who the best team is in the American League. They may not have had the best record for most of the year, but IMO, the Rangers are clearly the best team in the AL.............they can beat you so many different ways.

Congrats on another pennant to the Rangers and their fans!! :)

I think the Rangers can beat either the Cards or the Brewers. They are the complete package. Satjay, I think the Tigers are fine with the pitching. JV, Porcello, Scherzer etc. Hell, can the Mets have one of your pitchers? Please? LOL I just think the Tiger injuries got the best of them.

First off, kudos to a very gritty Tigers team on a great year! But the Rangers left little doubt who the best team is in the American League. They may not have had the best record for most of the year, but IMO, the Rangers are clearly the best team in the AL.............they can beat you so many different ways.

Congrats on another pennant to the Rangers and their fans!! :)

Why ?

Because they got HOT at the right time ?

Sunday- National League Championship Series- Game 6

Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum)- 8:05pm ET (TBS) Cardinals lead series 3-2

I think the Rangers can beat either the Cards or the Brewers. They are the complete package. Satjay, I think the Tigers are fine with the pitching. JV, Porcello, Scherzer etc. Hell, can the Mets have one of your pitchers? Please? LOL I just think the Tiger injuries got the best of them.

Tigers need to upgrade the Middle relief a lot.
As far as the Starting pitching goes, I think this post season will be HUGE for them, it gave Porcello a boost of confidence and Scherzer and Porcello will be better prepared next time around, having been there before.

Even Verlander will be better next time around, this was only his second time in the Post Season.

Claude Greiner said:
The Rangers got lucky with the way the post season schedule turned out.

If they had played New York in the ALDS then they would not be going to the world series.

I hope the Brewers make it, and win it all.

How is that? The Yankees did not get out of 1st round of the playoffs.

Lets give the Rangers the their due, them making it not just into the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row, but the World Series is no fluke. They have proved that for the 2nd year in a row, they have been the best team out of the American League.

Logic dictates that the Rangers would have beaten the Yankees because the Tigers beat the Yankees and the Rangers beat the Tigers....

The Yankees are just too old of a team now. They were great 9-10 years ago, but they are just too old.

The Tigers were unfortunate with the weather and injuries, but, and I am probably biased on this, the Rangers have a potent lineup. They have 7 or 8 guys that can easily hit the ball and generate runs. The Tigers from what I could see really only had 2-3 good hitters. The Tigers had better starting pitchers but their bullpen stunk. The Rangers only have 1-2 good starters (sorry C.J.) but their bullpen has proven to be one of the best in the majors. This is something we just not have had good of over the years.

From the looks of Game 6 of the NLCS it will be the Rangers/Cardinals. I'm looking forward to it as both teams really don't have a history with each other like last year.

Logic dictates that the Rangers would have beaten the Yankees because the Tigers beat the Yankees and the Rangers beat the Tigers....
Unfortunately, the law of syllogism does not work in this case, and that is because of the law of detachment fails.

Why ?

Because they got HOT at the right time ?

The Rangers were hot the majority of the season. They led the AL West the majority of the season, and when going head to head against the Tigers for a better record the last 2 weeks and beat them out for possible home field advantage for the ALCS like it played out.

Claude Greiner said:
The Rangers got lucky with the way the post season schedule turned out.

If they had played New York in the ALDS then they would not be going to the world series.

I hope the Brewers make it, and win it all.

Sour grapes?

I dont think the Yankees would beat the Rangers either. The Yankees middle of the order didnt produce and the Rangers number 7 hitter was the ALCS MVP!!!

Also looks like the Brewers title hopes are fading. Too bad...they are a fun team too watch. If they do lose, what happens to Prince Fielder?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts