2011 NCAA Tournament

I get what you're saying, but without having the ability to watch 4 games at once like the studios, how do we know when is a good time to change over? I fell like I'm missing out on some excitement this year.
Those little score boxes on the top of the screen, plus they did show updates of other games during breaks in action of the game you were watching...

I get what you're saying, but without having the ability to watch 4 games at once like the studios, how do we know when is a good time to change over? I fell like I'm missing out on some excitement this year.

You look at the scores at the top of the page. Not hard to do.

If they only put the live scores at the top of the screen or something, then you would know what game you should switch to. Oh wait. They do. ;)

Sandra

If they only put the live scores at the top of the screen or something, then you would know what game you should switch to. Oh wait. They do. ;)

Sandra

Still don't like it.

Let me ask you this. You like the NFL's Redzone Channel, right? Same concept here. If you subscribe to the Sunday Ticket, you could flip from channel to channel after seeing a score on the scrolling ticker, but so many of us are glued to the Redzone Channel. Why? Because it's convenient. And because the entire point of the channel is to pick the very moment that is worth it to their viewing audience. I miss that with the CBS broadcast. Now, in a fraction of a second when i suddenly realize a play-in team is about to upset a #8, I need to find what the hell channel Tru-TV is, whether or not it's in my guide, if it's in HD and even worth tuning in for in the first place and so on. By the time I figure all that out, I missed the buzzer beater shot.

It's such a tedious process that has confused what used to be so good with the CBS broadcast.

Still don't like it.

Let me ask you this. You like the NFL's Redzone Channel, right? Same concept here. If you subscribe to the Sunday Ticket, you could flip from channel to channel after seeing a score on the scrolling ticker, but so many of us are glued to the Redzone Channel. Why? Because it's convenient. And because the entire point of the channel is to pick the very moment that is worth it to their viewing audience. I miss that with the CBS broadcast. Now, in a fraction of a second when i suddenly realize a play-in team is about to upset a #8, I need to find what the hell channel Tru-TV is, whether or not it's in my guide, if it's in HD and even worth tuning in for in the first place and so on. By the time I figure all that out, I missed the buzzer beater shot.

It's such a tedious process that has confused what used to be so good with the CBS broadcast.

Part #2........

What if you're a bar/restaurant?

It used to be compelling TV to skip work, head to the local watering hole and nestle up to the barstool and watch hours upon hours of exciting basketball. Now, if your bar has one or few TV's, you're stuck with 1 game. Either that, or you bother the bartender to keep flipping back and forth. See how far that get's you before you annoy the hell out of the bartender.

Still don't like it.

Under the previous format, I can recall complaints from people who wanted to watch their team play, yet they kept getting moved to live "look-ins" to other games, even when their own game wasn't a blowout. You had to buy a package to see all the games.

Now, you get all of the games for free (cable or satellite req.) and get to be your own producer. You watch the game that you want. For me, it doesn't get any better.

As far as the channel numbers, make a cheat sheet and tape it to your remote if you're having trouble remembering them next year. I managed to memorize TruTV's number, yet I sometimes forget my wife's birthday... :eek:

HD MM said:
Still don't like it.

If you have D* you can use dual life buffers then get the two games you like pause one switch to the other then go back and forth.

For me I only watch Pitt so I love this format.

Still don't like it.

Yeah, you really need to switch to DirecTV. TruTV is no big deal, it's right in between TNT and TBS. No worries, DirecTV has TruTV in HD for the tournament. And it's so easy to move channels into the nine channel favorites list that it doesn't even matter what channel the game is on.

There you go, half your problems solved instantly!

I do love the Red Zone channel, and sorely miss the late great Strike Zone channel as well. I'm thinking of inviting Andrew Siciliano to my wedding for goodness sakes. But now that the basketball games have been staggered there is no need for a CBS to bounce you from the end of one game to the end of another game like last year. They do not even come close to ending at the same time. As I stated before, you rarely even see two games in the second half at the same time.

As far as going to a bar with one TV...if you are a March Madness fan and go to a bar with one TV, you deserve what you get. Not sure what it's like in your backwoods, but here in NJ there are sports bars on almost every corner...you would have to look long and hard to find a bar with just one TV. If you find it an go in there on March Mandess night...that's your fault!

Sandra

Part #2........

What if you're a bar/restaurant?

It used to be compelling TV to skip work, head to the local watering hole and nestle up to the barstool and watch hours upon hours of exciting basketball. Now, if your bar has one or few TV's, you're stuck with 1 game. Either that, or you bother the bartender to keep flipping back and forth. See how far that get's you before you annoy the hell out of the bartender.

OT, but people do this and keep a job?
Lol, they would not work for me, I can promise you that.

Ok, sorry, back on topic.

OT, but people do this and keep a job?
Lol, they would not work for me, I can promise you that.

Ok, sorry, back on topic.

You don't seem like you'd be much fun to work for. ;)

I have a very laid back job. An old school place where, at times, we conduct business over a drink or meal. At the end of the day, we're very successful at what we do, so no one seems to mind skipping out here and there on occasion.

You don't seem like you'd be much fun to work for. ;)

I have a very laid back job. An old school place where, at times, we conduct business over a drink or meal. At the end of the day, we're very successful at what we do, so no one seems to mind skipping out here and there on occasion.

Oh im tons of fun to WORK for. Its just that skipping work to watch basketball is not WORK. ;) (most all of our employees have been with us for at least 10+ years, several 20+, and a few that have been here for 40+)
If I have to start working around a persons schedule constantly or over things like " I want to watch a game", then Ill simply find someone else to do that job. Ive got other things to worry about, and that is one less thing. I mean if I can make it to work, surely my employees can as well (with obvious valid reasons excused)

Lol, anyway, enough with my rant. Sorry for taking it OT.

msmith198025 said:
Oh im tons of fun to WORK for. Its just that skipping work to watch basketball is not WORK. ;) (most all of our employees have been with us for at least 10+ years, several 20+, and a few that have been here for 40+)
If I have to start working around a persons schedule constantly or over things like " I want to watch a game", then Ill simply find someone else to do that job. Ive got other things to worry about, and that is one less thing. I mean if I can make it to work, surely my employees can as well (with obvious valid reasons excused)

Lol, anyway, enough with my rant. Sorry for taking it OT.

I have to agree with you, I have to dvr every game I watch that is on at night since I work nights. If I have to do that and go to work than everyone that works for me can do that also.

I know it isnt the NCAA, but Bama has looked mighty strong in the NIT. New York here we come. RTR!

(I still think they should have gone to the NCAA)

I know it isnt the NCAA, but Bama has looked mighty strong in the NIT. New York here we come. RTR!

(I still think they should have gone to the NCAA)

Fraud Villanova probably took that spot. Alabama only finished first in their division of the SEC, how can you compare that to finishing 11th in a conference.

Fraud Villanova probably took that spot. Alabama only finished first in their division of the SEC, how can you compare that to finishing 11th in a conference.

More likely that VCU took 'bama's spot. Look how that worked out. ;)

Sandra

Actually it was Georgia........you know, the team in the other division of the SEC that we beat twice in the week before they made tourney selections?
Burns my.......;)

NCAA Football OffSeason 2014

MLB to Barstool?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)