2011 SEC Football (Home of 7 of 13 BCS Championships including the last 5)

mccoyrj said:
If Arkansas beats LSU, and it winds up a three-way tie (assuming Alabama beats Auburn), the SEC will see how they all fall in the final regular season BCS rankings. The third place team in the BCS is eliminated from consideration and the remaining two are judged by head to head play.

If LSU loses to Arky in OT, then it will be interesting to see in what order these teams fall.

Plus if LSU beats Arkansas but losses to Georgia in the SEC championship game they will still play in the NC game.

Sent from my Galaxy using SatelliteGuys

Plus if LSU beats Arkansas but losses to Georgia in the SEC championship game they will still play in the NC game.

Sent from my Galaxy using SatelliteGuys

Georgia is not a good team. If LSU loses to them they should definitely fall out of the top two.

Sandra

Georgia is not a good team. If LSU loses to them they should definitely fall out of the top two.

Sandra

They are not a "great" team, but they are 9-2 and have won 9 straight. I would say they are a very solid team. There is still tons of talent in Athens, and they will most likely finish with another 10 win season. Most teams would love to be that "bad";)

That said, I might agree. I think LSU would drop to 3rd or so if they lose to them by any significant margin.

They are not a "great" team, but they are 9-2 and have won 9 straight. I would say they are a very solid team. There is still tons of talent in Athens, and they will most likely finish with another 10 win season. Most teams would love to be that "bad";)

That said, I might agree. I think LSU would drop to 3rd or so if they lose to them by any significant margin.

Yeah, but you know what? Virginia Tech has one loss to Clemson...they're a very solid team too.

Oklahoma State has one loss to Iowa State...if you watched the game Friday night you know they may not be as good as Georgia Southern, but they're also very solid.

Stanford has one loss to an Oregon team that is even very solider than Georgia.

While Boise State doesn't have many glamor wins on their resume, TCU is even better than a very solid team.

When you start comparing how solid the teams are that you lose to, it gets EXTREMELY subjective.

Plus, as always a late lose always hurts you more than an earlier loss.

Sandra

I think most of those teams are "good" not "great". I may have hinted otherwise in other discussions, but that is mainly in how it relates to who should play for the NC, not as to whether they are "good" or not.
I was simply pointing out that I disagree when you say that Georgia is not good. I think that they are. :)

msmith198025 said:
...That said, I might agree. I think LSU would drop to 3rd or so if they lose to them by any significant margin.
If LSU were to defeat Arkansas soundly, then lose a close one to Georgia, and not go to the NC over Bama (who they defeated in Tuscaloosa no matter how Tide fans like to spin it), that would be a joke. Compared to LSU's schedule, Bama had one game that you could actually see them having a chance to lose, in their own back yard, and they lost it.

Derwin0 said:
I'm not so sure now. Computers have Oka St at no 2. A convincing win over the sooners might get them the votes they need to leap the tide.

No they don't. They had them at number two across the computers last week, but Bama got the majority of the computer number two rankings this week. Plus they have toouch ground to make up in the human polls.

It is remotely possible, but highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

True, but not unpresidented. LSU leaped UGA in the Harris and Coaches polls a few years ago based on who won their conference. Non second voters might do the same thing again since lsu already beat bama, and oka st's only loss was in OT

Anyone want to take a bet on the odds of the SEC winning another title?

The only thing that sucks is right now the SEC is 7-0 in the BCS national title game... Do they go to 8-1 after this game? Or is it still 8-0 ?

The only way the SEC is stopped from winning a national title- nobody in the conference has more than 2 losses, and there is an undefeated team from 2 other conferences.

Anyone want to take a bet on the odds of the SEC winning another title?

The only thing that sucks is right now the SEC is 7-0 in the BCS national title game... Do they go to 8-1 after this game? Or is it still 8-0 ?

Yep, we as a conference will finally lose a BCS title game.

The Insider said:
Sucks, A black eye for the SEC in an otherwise good season. Way to mess up a good 7 year run!!! Thanks Alabama!!!!

I can handle that being our fault. Lol

I have every confidence that we are bringing home the crystal football trophy. So I'm much happier to be where we are than the sugar. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)