2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Oh My! The Sabres blew a golden opportunity to close the series on home ice. They will have an uphill battled to win game 7 in Philly.

Looks like my comments about Briere earlier makes me look like a genius. Richards should be suspended for his cheap shot on Conolly though.

News Flash though....Lindy says Derek Roy is gonna play in Game 7.

Last night was a perfect example of why it's so difficult to watch the end of NBA games...

So I'm TRYING to watch the end of the Magic/Hawks game, but the game is stopped for commercials after EVERY possession/foul shot in the last minute and a half of the game. I thoroughly enjoyed the first 46 and a half minutes, then after that it became unwatchable. There was literally actual action for ten seconds every 2-3 minutes of real time. Just painful.

So during the timeouts I'm switching over to Canucks/Blackhawks, and because there are so many NBA timeouts I manage to see the penalty shot call by the ref, the penalty shot itself, the Canucks backup goalie writhing in pain after getting hurt during the penalty shot, the drama of Luongo coming back into the game to replace him (with the scared to death look on his face you could even see under his mask), and everything else.

I missed a couple of the ten second increments of actual basketball during all this, but who cares? Who wants to sit there and watch commercials for the most part of ten minutes while there is actual NHL playoff action taking place!

The NBA has to change something. It's beyond bad now.

Sandra

Last night was a perfect example of why it's so difficult to watch the end of NBA games...

So I'm TRYING to watch the end of the Magic/Hawks game, but the game is stopped for commercials after EVERY possession/foul shot in the last minute and a half of the game. I thoroughly enjoyed the first 46 and a half minutes, then after that it became unwatchable. There was literally actual action for ten seconds every 2-3 minutes of real time. Just painful.

So during the timeouts I'm switching over to Canucks/Blackhawks, and because there are so many NBA timeouts I manage to see the penalty shot call by the ref, the penalty shot itself, the Canucks backup goalie writhing in pain after getting hurt during the penalty shot, the drama of Luongo coming back into the game to replace him (with the scared to death look on his face you could even see under his mask), and everything else.

I missed a couple of the ten second increments of actual basketball during all this, but who cares? Who wants to sit there and watch commercials for the most part of ten minutes while there is actual NHL playoff action taking place!

The NBA has to change something. It's beyond bad now.

Sandra

Agreed. The NBA has lost me. The NHL playoffs have won my viewer attention instead.

HD MM said:
Agreed. The NBA has lost me. The NHL playoffs have won my viewer attention instead.

Yeah right! If Lebron were still wearing a Cavs uni.... THAT statement would have NEVER come out of your mouth. Lol! Nice try bullsh#%@ing a bullsh%##er... ;-)

For a change, this has nothing to do with Lebron. NBA games take too long to complete, and have too many commercials in the last minute or two. Period.

Sandra

SandraC said:
For a change, this has nothing to do with Lebron. NBA games take too long to complete, and have too many commercials in the last minute or two. Period.

Sandra

It doesn't. But I think his sudden choice of which is better does.... But hey, everyone has his right to change his mind.

HD MM said:
Cleveland doesn't have an NHL team, yet I'm still watching. Go sniff some jocks.

I agree with you, I've only really watched the Celtics playoff games, but I've watched a lot more NHL playoff games besides the Bruins.

Asked my son this morning and he told me the last 5 minutes of Lakers/hornets game took 35 minutes of real time. That's way to long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

I agree with you, I've only really watched the Celtics playoff games, but I've watched a lot more NHL playoff games besides the Bruins.

Asked my son this morning and he told me the last 5 minutes of Lakers/hornets game took 35 minutes of real time. That's way to long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

LOL if you and I can agree on something...it MUST be bad! :D

Sandra

HD MM said:

+2...it's a primary reason why I completely stopped watching the NBA 10-years ago; taking 30+ minutes to play the final 2-minutes of the game is just plain sad.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Are you a Season Ticket Holder?

Did I miss anything when I was gone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)