2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Now, I ask you this .....
Vancouver has played several games in the playoffs at home so far and EACH of them start at a different time, whats up with that ?
If they can start at 9, why can't they start them ALL at 9, instead of 10:30 on some and 10 on others, now they start at 9 ?

I'm certain they will go back to the 10:30 slot if they draw the Wings in the Conference finals.

Jeesh! Some people are never happy!

If they have a 7PM game and they follow it with a 9PM game the same night, people will complain that there is overlap. If they go 7PM and 10PM, people complain that 10PM is too late.

Then if they have one game and they schedule it at 9PM so it's not as late...they complain about that too!

Sandra

Last edited:

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
The names escape me, but did you see that Hab player run straight into the shoulder of the Bruin player? Ouch!

The goal tying shot by P.K. Subban was enough to make Chara cringe in envy. Wow that puck had some speed on it!

And of course, another game that was decided in Overtime. We really have been treated to a great opening round. Here's to hoping the rest of the playoffs get even better! If possible.....

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
The names escape me, but did you see that Hab player run straight into the shoulder of the Bruin player? Ouch!

The goal tying shot by P.K. Subban was enough to make Chara cringe in envy. Wow that puck had some speed on it!

And of course, another game that was decided in Overtime. We really have been treated to a great opening round. Here's to hoping the rest of the playoffs get even better! If possible.....

Now I'm feeding off your energy, HD! Didn't get home until 10 PM last night from my niece's soccer game, so I missed this game...but it sounds amazing.

Have to say what Pittsburgh did, extending Tampa Bay to seven games without two of the best players in the sport...Crosby and Malkin...is probably the best achievement in the playoffs so far. Tampa is a solid team.

Looking forward to the next round...

Can the Sharks exorcise more Detroit playoff demons? Does Joe Thornton have more big goals in him? Will Detroit's goaltending hold up? Just an amazing series between two very good teams with two incredible fan bases.

Can Pekka Rinne outplay Roberto Luongo? Can hockey-mad Vancouver survive another tense playoff series? Will everyone there want to send Jordan Tootoo, overall PITA of the Predators, back to the Arctic Circle, where he grew up? Will the Sedins come up big? Will be worth watching for the Luongo soap opera alone...and so much more.

Can the Caps continue to play well now that they have REAL playoff competition in the Lightning? Tampa still has lots of playoff experience in Lecavalier and St Louis...they've been there, Ovechkin hasn't. How much of a factor? How come Rex Ryan was blasted for his language on Hard Knocks, but on HBO's 24/7 in December Caps coach Bruce Boudreau, in the midst of a long losing streak, used language so bad (and so often) that even Rex Ryan was embarassed...and not a word from Tony Dungy.

Bruins-Flyers...an NHL classic! I've never seen a team with such shaky goaltending accomplish as much as the Flyers have the past two years...can it keep going? On the other side we have Tim Thomas. When will playoff success follow him? Amazing season two years ago, he loses his job to Tukka Rask last year, and now he's a Vezina finalist again. Remarkable. This series brings to mind classic film of Bobby Clarke and Bobby Orr.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
My picks: Vancouver in 5, Detroit in 6, Washington in 6, and Philly in 7.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App
Well, I see ESPN's "Expert" staff (some have actually seen a hockey puck) have posted their Second-round picks:

2011 Stanley Cup playoffs: Experts' second-round picks - ESPN

SECOND ROUND

Matthew Barnaby
Capitals (win in 6)
Flyers (win in 6)
Canucks (win in 6)
Sharks (win in 7)

John Buccigross
Capitals (win in 5)
Flyers (win in 7)
Canucks (win in 5)
Wings (win in 7)

Scott Burnside
Capitals (win in 6)
Flyers (win in 6)
Predators (win in 6)
Wings (win in 6)

Linda Cohn Capitals (win in 7)
Flyers (win in 7)
Canucks (win in 6)
Wings (win in 7)

E.J. Hradek
Capitals (win in 7)
Flyers (win in 7)
Canucks (win in 6)
Wings (win in 6)

Pierre LeBrun
Capitals (win in 7)
Flyers (win in 7)
Canucks (win in 7)
Wings (win in 7)

Steve Levy
Capitals (win in 5)
Bruins (win in 7)
Canucks (win in 5)
Wings (win in 7)

Barry Melrose
Capitals (win in 6)
Flyers (win in 7)
Canucks (win in 7)
Wings (win in 6)

Offhand, my possislbe "upset" pick is Tampa Bay over Washington. I think many people are overlooking how good and well-coached this team is at the moment. We shall see...

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Bruins-Flyers begins Saturday afternoon at 3:00 ET on NBC......can't wait! :)

This area is abuzz after last night's instant classic. There was no talk today about Celtics-Heat, the Red Sox slow start or even the Pats seemingly endless draft choices. It's all about the B's baby!!!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country

If they have a 7PM game and they follow it with a 9PM game the same night, people will complain that there is overlap. If they go 7PM and 10PM, people complain that 10PM is too late.

Then if they have one game and they schedule it at 9PM so it's not as late...they complain about that too!

Sandra

I'm mostly complaining about the lack of use of the 2 nd channel that VS has, they could show BOTH games that were on at the same time if they chose to be SMART.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005

Sandra

You don't have to put up with the 10-10:30 starts because your in the eastern time zone, well the Wings are as well, but they play a Pacific time zone schedule.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
I didn't see the game last night, but I find it hard to imagine Nashville winning the series. We shall see. Anyway, there are 2 great game on tap for this evening... and I actually get to stay up late and I watch the Wings play the Sharks. :)

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I didn't see the game last night, but I find it hard to imagine Nashville winning the series. We shall see. Anyway, there are 2 great game on tap for this evening... and I actually get to stay up late and I watch the Wings play the Sharks. :)

Yup,
IF I get off work before 6:30 tonight I'll come home and eat and try to get a nap before the game so I might be awake for the whole game.

Those that don't play a West coast schedule don't understand what it's like having to have 10:30 starts every April.

Fortunately, the way the schedule breaks, one of the games in SJ will be on the weekend (earlier game).

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
No rest? No problem!

Vancouver up 1-zip to the Sabre Toothed Tigers! Who put together Nashville's logo btw? A 6 year old kid? It looks so gaudy. They don't even look like a legit team with that silly cartoon on their jerseys. Yuck.

PS. Does Lou have his confidence back?

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
No rest? No problem!

Vancouver up 1-zip to the Sabre Toothed Tigers! Who put together Nashville's logo btw? A 6 year old kid? It looks so gaudy. They don't even look like a legit team with that silly cartoon on their jerseys. Yuck.

PS. Does Lou have his confidence back?

Don't underestimate the Preds. They are a well coached team with a great goalie of their own, whom are looking for a split in BC. They have a very loyal vocal home crowd who will energize them.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
Jimbo said:
Yup,
IF I get off work before 6:30 tonight I'll come home and eat and try to get a nap before the game so I might be awake for the whole game.

Those that don't play a West coast schedule don't understand what it's like having to have 10:30 starts every April.

Fortunately, the way the schedule breaks, one of the games in SJ will be on the weekend (earlier game).

I met my wife online back in 2000. She told that if she had known about all these late night games, and planning our lives around hockey from April-June, she may never have dated me. :( To be honest, I did mention that I was a big hockey fan...but perhaps I should have said, "Must love Wings". It's not always easy being a Wings fan. ;)

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
Islandguy43 said:
Don't underestimate the Preds. They are a well coached team with a great goalie of their own, whom are looking for a split in BC. They have a very loyal vocal home crowd who will energize them.

I'm glad the Wings are playing San Jose for the reasons you mentioned...they always play hard against us.

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
You don't have to put up with the 10-10:30 starts because your in the eastern time zone, well the Wings are as well, but they play a Pacific time zone schedule.

Because I'm in the Eastern time zone I watch games of all sports that start at 10-10:30 PM ALL the time.

Sandra

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Friday's Playoff Schedule

Tampa Bay at Washington- 7:00pm ET (Versus)- Game 1

Detroit at San Jose- 10:00pm ET (Versus)- Game 1

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I met my wife online back in 2000. She told that if she had known about all these late night games, and planning our lives around hockey from April-June, she may never have dated me. :( To be honest, I did mention that I was a big hockey fan...but perhaps I should have said, "Must love Wings". It's not always easy being a Wings fan. ;)

Obviously you didn't date her during those months !

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Wings lose 2-1 in OT after killing off a 4 minute PP on a shot that deflected off the D's stick.

Killing off a 4 man in OT just doesn't pay anymore. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)