2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Big win by the Capitals over the Rangers last night; the Canucks didn't show any signs of weakness last night; Nashville was awesome. I am hoping for a Wings vs Capitals Final so I can attend games at both venues...just like in '98. :)

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
The Sabres will make you eat crow (flyers) beginning tonight!!! GO SABRES!!!!!!
The Flyers vs Sabres series is a tough matchup (for me at least) to call. Philly had an impressive season, but Buffalo is playing inspired hockey; Philly has the home ice advantage, but the Sabres have been a very good road team this season. OK, I'm picking Buffalo to upset the Flyers. Should be a good series...

Jimmy 440

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 7, 2008
Matawan New Jersey
The Flyers are a stone cold team.I have a bad feeling Buffalo is going to make quick work of them in 4.Their goaltending is a joke.They always take a quick lead in a game,then squander it like clockwork.Again I hope I'm wrong,I do NOT have faith in them this year.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Thursday's Playoff Schedule

Montreal at Boston- Game 1- 7:00pm ET (Versus)
Buffalo at Philadelphia- Game 1- 7:30pm ET (JIP at approx 9:30 on Versus)
Los Angeles at San Jose- Game 1- 10:00pm ET (Versus)

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Thursday's Playoff Schedule

Montreal at Boston- Game 1- 7:00pm ET (Versus)
Buffalo at Philadelphia- Game 1- 7:30pm ET (JIP at approx 9:30 on Versus)
Los Angeles at San Jose- Game 1- 10:00pm ET (Versus)

With VS being the HOME of the NHL and with 2 networks channels available, WHY should any of them have to be JOINED in Progress ?

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
With VS being the HOME of the NHL and with 2 networks channels available, WHY should any of them have to be JOINED in Progress ?

Also, why is it that the NHL Network (215) never shows any playoff games, you would think that they would WANT to carry games.

Steve Mehs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2010
Marilla, NY
YES! Well it took almost two and a half periods but the Sabres got on the board first and held on to the lead to win the game 1-0 and take a 1-0 series lead. It was great seeing Patrick Kaleta get the lone goal as he’s Buffalo born and raised.

Good to see Bosuck get shutout tonight as well. Hopefully both the Bruins and the Celtics make an early exit in both their respective playoff series’.

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
The Flyers vs Sabres series is a tough matchup (for me at least) to call. Philly had an impressive season, but Buffalo is playing inspired hockey; Philly has the home ice advantage, but the Sabres have been a very good road team this season. OK, I'm picking Buffalo to upset the Flyers. Should be a good series...

Smart Move!!!!:D

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
YES! Well it took almost two and a half periods but the Sabres got on the board first and held on to the lead to win the game 1-0 and take a 1-0 series lead. It was great seeing Patrick Kaleta get the lone goal as he’s Buffalo born and raised.

Good to see Bosuck get shutout tonight as well. Hopefully both the Bruins and the Celtics make an early exit in both their respective playoff series’.

Steve....Don't forget the "RED SUCKS".:rant:

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
Big wins by Montreal, Buffalo and San Jose last night. On tap for tonight is the Penguins vs Lightning, Capitals vs Rangers, Canucks vs Blackhawks and Ducks vs Predators. Teams going down 2-0 this evening do not stand a snowballs chance of advancing. We shall see.

In Hockeytown news, Wing's Mike Madano said he is ready to retire after the playoffs (hopefully in which the Wings win another Stanley Cup). The 41-year old long-time Dallas Stars forward will be moving back to the Dallas area after an injury plagued season.

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I just checked the Dish program guide and they have Penguins vs Lightning on FIVE feeds.
#1 is CBC, #s 2&3 are Penguins HD SD, and #s4&5 are Lightning SD HD feeds.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Friday's Playoff Schedule

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh-7:00pm ET- Penguins lead series 1-0
NY Rangers at Washington- 7:30 pm ET (Versus)- Capitals lead series 1-0
Chicago at Vancouver- 10:00pm ET (Versus)- Canucks lead series 1-0
Nashville at Anaheim- 10:30pm ET- Predators lead series 1-0

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Saturday, April 16
TEAMS TIME (ET) AWAY TV HOME TV NAT TV
Phoenix at Detroit
Game 2 - Red Wings lead 1-0 1:00 PM NBC

Buffalo at Philadelphia
Game 2 - Sabres lead 1-0 5:00 PM COMCAST TSN

Montreal at Boston
Game 2 - Canadiens lead 1-0 7:00 PM NESN Versus

Los Angeles at San Jose
Game 2 - Sharks lead 1-0 10:00 PM ?

Interesting .....

Great work by the NHL and thier TV owner VS.

From this listing the Philly / Sabres game will NOT be on VS, or NBC .... if your in a Comcast area or Canada you can see the game, otherwise, tough luck.
Great Work NHL and VS ... :rolleyes:

Also, the Kings and Sharks, NOT on at ALL ?

Update:
Looks like the Sharks and Kings are on :
TSN,VERSUS,RDS,FS-W (HD),CSN-CA (HD)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)