2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

The Bruins will play yet another Game 7 at home tomorrow night. Hopefully, they can win this one!

BillD1984 said:
The Bruins will play yet another Game 7 at home tomorrow night. Hopefully, they can win this one!

I know fans like to complain about NBA refs, but that game tonight was a total disgrace to the sport of hockey. The Montreal diving team in full affect tonight. Would of been better for the B's if they would of allowed the first Montreal goal, instead of trying to make up for it the rest of the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Wednesday's Playoff Schedule

Montreal at Boston- 7:00pm ET (Versus)- series tied 3-3

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh- 8:00pm ET (JIP @ approx 9:30 on VS)- series tied 3-3

I know fans like to complain about NBA refs, but that game tonight was a total disgrace to the sport of hockey. The Montreal diving team in full affect tonight. Would of been better for the B's if they would of allowed the first Montreal goal, instead of trying to make up for it the rest of the game.

Wow, we were saying the same thing!

No doubt, that was a horrendous call taking away a Montreal goal, BUT it almost felt like "make up" mode was in full force the rest of the game!

Flyers knock out Sabres.

We know this much:

IF Boston wins tomorrow night- they will play Philly and TB-PIT winner will play Washington

IF Montreal wins tomorrow night- they will play Washington and TB-PIT winner will play Philly

It's one thing when your team doesn't show up to play, such as the Bruins in games 1 and 2. It's another thing when the Zebras gift wrap the win for the opposing team. Considering that Montreal only actually scored on the call back goal ( I don't consider any 5 on 3 goal a real goal), I would have to say that they need to have a reality check and realize that they are STILL the team that's in danger of elimination. All the Bruins need to do is wake up on the power play.

riffjim4069 said:
Yes. At least we know they won't be playing the Kings.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App
...or the Blackhawks. Wow! I was only able to watch the OT period early this morning...and Wow! Congratulations to the Canucks on advancing to the next round.

SandraC said:
Perhaps they should start the game at 4:00 PM local time, so it fits into your Eastern time zone schedule at 7:00 PM... ;)

Sandra
I like this idea...just make sure the game is shown on NBC so that everyone on the west coast can leave work at 3 pm to go watch hockey. :)

How is Lucic given a 5 minute major game misconduct??? The guy he hit acted like he was shot and was out skating a couple shifts later. Refs were horrible!

Anyone watch the entirety of the Cannucks/Hawks? I couldn't make it past the first period. Sounded like another classic.

I did...it was amazing. You guys know how much I love baseball, football and basketball, but this type of game is what sets hockey apart.

Vancouver scores early, and the place is rocking for the ENTIRETY of the rest of the game. With three minutes left, Vancouver still up 1-0, the Blackhawks take a penalty, now they're shorthanded for two of those three minutes...BUT THE HAWKS SCORE SHORTHANDED WITH TWO MINUTES LEFT TO TIE IT UP!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Bad job by Luongo, who has been bad since game four, and has multiple playoff demons he's trying to shake. Bad rebound, and he was fishing on the tying goal, leaving most of the bottom part of the net exposed.

Then the Canucks win about four minutes into OT! Did not even care who won, but it was incredibly exciting nonetheless. I was standing up during the overtime, I couldn't even take sitting down. Wow.

Sandra

I did...it was amazing. You guys know how much I love baseball, football and basketball, but this type of game is what sets hockey apart.

Vancouver scores early, and the place is rocking for the ENTIRETY of the rest of the game. With three minutes left, Vancouver still up 1-0, the Blackhawks take a penalty, now they're shorthanded for two of those three minutes...BUT THE HAWKS SCORE SHORTHANDED WITH TWO MINUTES LEFT TO TIE IT UP!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Bad job by Luongo, who has been bad since game four, and has multiple playoff demons he's trying to shake. Bad rebound, and he was fishing on the tying goal, leaving most of the bottom part of the net exposed.

Then the Canucks win about four minutes into OT! Did not even care who won, but it was incredibly exciting nonetheless. I was standing up during the overtime, I couldn't even take sitting down. Wow.

Sandra

Great recap. I'm feeding off your energy. Can't wait for more hockey tonight!!

You shoulda seen the replay of Luongo sprinting up the ice after the goal, sliding into the pile of Canucks who had already jumped off the bench and attacked Alexander Burrows after he scored the game winner. Pure, unbridled joy.

This after two days ago seeing the look of terror in his eyes when (after being pulled in games four and five), he was inserted into game six with the score tied, after backup Cory Schneider was injured. And they went on to lose in OT.

The guy must have felt like the largest weight in the world was released from his shoulders.

Sandra

The Fat Man said:
It's one thing when your team doesn't show up to play, such as the Bruins in games 1 and 2. It's another thing when the Zebras gift wrap the win for the opposing team. Considering that Montreal only actually scored on the call back goal ( I don't consider any 5 on 3 goal a real goal), I would have to say that they need to have a reality check and realize that they are STILL the team that's in danger of elimination. All the Bruins need to do is wake up on the power play.

I didn't see any of the game last night because it was blacked out in my area. Regardless, the Bruins will have an opportunity to close out the series on home ice, so it is still their series to lose. I've always felt that a team needs to win quickly and convincingly or risk other factors (e.g., luck, hot goaltender, poor officiating, etc.) from becoming a factor.

HD MM said:

Agreed...of course, I am also somewhat ticked that I missed such a great game. As much as I look forward to the Red Wings playing the Sharks...I simply cannot watch much of the latenight action. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)